FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Our Old Boss

caleyboy

I don't see him managing at a higher level than HFL but I'm sure he will win some trophies.

I think he made it quite clear that he is FUNDAMENTALLY capable of managing at a higher level than that but the deciding factor will probably be the extent to which he has managed to banish his demons.

Even in a situation where I was meeting him face to face a couple of times a week I had no idea that his life was descending into such chaos when he was at ICT. Yes, we knew there were problems but it is only since the publication of the book that their full extent has become apparent.

IF Steve can keep himself on the straight and narrow, I have got very positive feelings about the return of the Paterson - Shand partnership at Huntly - which I see got off to a winning start today.

That in itself is unusual for any phase of Pele's management career - he was always a notoriously slow starter (qv Season 1997-98 in the Second Division :doh: )

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...