FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Duncan Shearer Waterstones

WYNESS101

Duncan Shearer will be signing copies of his autobiography at Waterstone's, Eastgate Shopping Centre, Inverness between 6.30pm and 7.30pm on Thursday. "Shearer Wonderland: Duncan Shearer - the autobiography"

post-4336-0-99763100-1289964049_thumb.jp

http://www.inverness-courier.co.uk/news/fullstory.php/aid/13845/Shear_determination_led_Duncan_right_to_the_top.html

Good post Wyness hopefully he'll get a good turn out and sell a fair number of copies

I certainly will be popping along to purchase my copy

Book looks like a hard back and off good quality which is always a bonus.

I was in said waterstones last Friday and stumbled upon " Up stephen's Brae" I kid you not it looked like it had been literally typed up on a pre war type writer and stapled together by primary kids

All the best big Dunc with the sales

• Agree 6

I was in said waterstones last Friday and stumbled upon " Up stephen's Brae" I kid you not it looked like it had been literally typed up on a pre war type writer and stapled together by primary kids

I can get the author to sign one for ya ! I'm sure he will oblige if you buy the set.

I can get the author to sign one for ya ! I'm sure he will oblige if you buy the set.

Eh...........no thanks!!:yuk:

• Agree 1

Sales might be better if he removed his picture and the word "Duncan" from the cover.

Seriously though, would he not sell more copies at the TCS on Saturday afternoon than Waterstones on a Thursday evening?

That's a very good point. Why didn't anyone else think of that?

You should try reading Pele's book - it might just give you a different perspective on Big Dunc.

But then again, maybe you don't rate him very highly either....

Thats what I was thinking . Pele left and took Shearer with him yet Pele is seen as some sort of "legend" and Shearer gets slated :amazed:

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

You should try reading Pele's book - it might just give you a different perspective on Big Dunc.

But then again, maybe you don't rate him very highly either....

Thats what I was thinking . Pele left and took Shearer with him yet Pele is seen as some sort of "legend" and Shearer gets slated :amazed:

And I believe that if it wasn't for the support Duncs gave Pele he may have succumbed to his illness a lot sooner than he did.

All "ifs" and "might haves" in his defense....my opinions are based on the facts of how things played out.

For me it has nothing to do with him (or Pele) leaving, nobody can deny the great job they did whilst here and I'll always appreciate that. What gets on my goat is the manner in which he conducted himself on his departure and that smarmy ersed interview in which he showed a total lack of respect for ICT....that kind of behaviour cannot, for me, be excused.

If he chose to do a signing at the stadium I wouldn't lose any sleep and if the club shop chose to stock it and make a few quid themselves, then great. I'll probably buy/borrow it for a read at some point as it contains sections on his time at ICT, but I'll not be falling over myself to meet him to get a signed copy.

• Agree 1

I've never really got the spite against big Dunc either. It seems to be because he said Aberdeen was a step up. Given, at the time, the Dons were spending more than most, whilst not many thought ICT would even get promoted, due to the stadium issue, he wasn't too far wrong. How times change :thumbup:

He did his best for us and that was pretty good. I thought he was a bit unlucky, with Pele, at Peterhead (mind you, not as unlucky as Iain Stewart) - surely they'd have been worth a few years of build up? Good luck to the guy. Seems a good shout for an assistant with his loyalty to his manager.

I like Shearer as a man, I met him a few times in the passing and he was perfectly pleasant.

I have it from very reliable people that Pele would not have left for Aberdeen if it hadn't been for Shearer and also (as CD stated) his attitude on leaving toward ICT irks me.

Pele left and took Shearer with him yet Pele is seen as some sort of "legend"

That is because Pele is an ICT legend and always will be.

It's all opinion anyway and as I stated I have nothing personal against DS.

My original post may have been a bit flipant (as is very often my style on here) but I can asure anyone who is upset I have no malice towards the man. I just personally do not regard him as a pivotal figure in ICT's history.

Anyway, its the weekend off to the pub. Ta-raa!

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1