FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Duncan Shearer Waterstones

WYNESS101

Good post Wyness hopefully he'll get a good turn out and sell a fair number of copies

I certainly will be popping along to purchase my copy

Book looks like a hard back and off good quality which is always a bonus.

I was in said waterstones last Friday and stumbled upon " Up stephen's Brae" I kid you not it looked like it had been literally typed up on a pre war type writer and stapled together by primary kids

All the best big Dunc with the sales

A mere 46 posts, and already the best poster on here.

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

Get a grip.

I rate Pele extermely highly. I also think he would not have left ICT if hadn't been for Shearer.

If you don't like me not really caring too much for Shearer Johnboy that is just tough tittie, it is merely my opinion. Deal with it.

Of course you're entitled to your opinion, KB, and I'm trying to deal with it but I'm finding it very hard. IHE's kindly offered to arrange a course of counselling sessions for me, but I'm not sure if that will suffice.

It's all opinion anyway and as I stated I have nothing personal against DS.

My original post may have been a bit flipant (as is very often my style on here) but I can asure anyone who is upset I have no malice towards the man. I just personally do not regard him as a pivotal figure in ICT's history.

I'll try again!

If you rate Pele extremely highly, why haven't you read his book?

If you did read it you would have a much better understanding as to the value of Shearer's contribution to ICT, and just how much it was valued by his boss at the time.

I wouldn't be surprised if they teamed up again sometime in the future.

Big Dunc is a Legend in my eyes and it was a pleasure meeting the guy , i will treasure my signed copy forever

Classic story of local lad done good, from Highland League to full caps for Scotland

Not many lads from the north of scotland have achieved this and i for one applaud you big man :clapping:

I'm afraid this thread highlights a fair amount of jealousy by certain ICT fans and shame on them

Big Dunc is a Legend in my eyes and it was a pleasure meeting the guy , i will treasure my signed copy forever

Classic story of local lad done good, from Highland League to full caps for Scotland

Not many lads from the north of scotland have achieved this and i for one applaud you big man :clapping:

I'm afraid this thread highlights a fair amount of jealousy by certain ICT fans and shame on them

Hi There, I'll bite, Dunc, eh sorry Dougal

Not quite sure if jealousy is the best thing to accuse me, and others of. I have no aspirations to be a manager or player. I just feel rancour about to the smug grinning way that DS milked the adulation of the Seagulls in the studio audience. I did not feel any desire for him and Pele to fail at Pittodrie, but felt a wee bit "told you so" when they did.

I do not, as a rule, chastise players or managers for moving. Many have a short career in what is a notoriously unforgiving profession. I was disappointed when they left, but would have done exactly the same thing, were I in his position. We had rumblings that they were going to go, and waited an official announcement and waited. Then his apprearance just cheapened everything that they had acheived at ICT. This maybe gives us an insight into his character, and not a good one. As another poster has intimated, we have ours suspicions that SP may not have moved without the influence of DS. A bad call, as it happened.

Ok dougal I will give you the highland boy did well

But he is NOT a Caley Legend...did you see him play for us??

Cant be a Caley legend.....he never played for them. As to ICT....to be fair he didn't do too bad for us. 35 when he joined, 55 appearances and 17 goals.

I knew Duncan when he was a wee laddie so I'm probably a bit bias towards him and I certainly dont hold any grudges towards anybody who's left us.

I have absolutely no problem with Duncan Shearer - Legend? Not so sure.

We had a football forum with Duncan and Brian Irvine and they shared some really good stories.

I remember the announcement about leaving to join Aberdeen and it wasn't well handled, but I don't bear any grudges about that.

I have only 1 issue with the book and that is that he promoted it on the back of Pele's problems. It was on the radio all the time and all it went on about was how difficult life was working with a guy with so many problems - nothing about Duncan's career.

I felt really sorry for Pele who has already opened his heart in his own book (which I loved, by the way) and opening these wounds when Pele is still doing really well wasn't IMHO necessary

• Agree 3
  • Disagree 1

You Say ICT..I say Caley so what

What is wrong is you are disrespecting Alex by saying so

Can you please refer to the team as ICT or Inverness in the future, as far as i can see you are just trying to get a rise out of the ex jaggies which achieves nothing other than splitting the support :irritated:

dougal

• Disagree 1

Can you please refer to the team as ICT or Inverness in the future, as far as i can see you are just trying to get a rise out of the ex jaggies which achieves nothing other than splitting the support :irritated:

dougal

He cant disrespect me........I'm a Jaggie

dougal

Dougal, you make me laugh, fer sure, just can't decide whether I like you or not.

• Agree 1

All jaggies sould be used to been dissed man....sorry alex no harm meant

By the way if people want to call ICT Jags or Thistle don't worry you won't hurt my feelings...just amazed there's any fans of that team alive

They only merged in 1994... Your surprised there still alive.. Hmm good input.

I have only 1 issue with the book and that is that he promoted it on the back of Pele's problems. It was on the radio all the time and all it went on about was how difficult life was working with a guy with so many problems - nothing about Duncan's career.

I felt really sorry for Pele who has already opened his heart in his own book (which I loved, by the way) and opening these wounds when Pele is still doing really well wasn't IMHO necessary

I believe the word you are looking for is classless ! Maybe not the man himself, but certainly the publicist or PR folk promoting it !

[maybe even more classless than gleefully announcing your departure from the club you just agreed a contract with on a 2nd rate TV show]