FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Players out of contract.

AJS

Yet again we have several players out of contract at the end of the season.

Hayes, Foran, Esson, Tuffey, Cox, Ross, Sutherland, Morrison and Shinnie are the only players we have secured for next season.

Players i'd keep are Munro, Duncan, Duff, Hogg, *Gillet, Rooney, *Sanchez, and Tokely.

*Gillet will regain his place and stay i think and Sanchez for me was really impressive before he got injured and deserves a chance. I think we should at least try to retain Rooney but if he dosen't stay then oh well.

Innes and Gil ain't cutting it for me and Roy and Gollie are past it. Odhiambo's future is debatable.

Just want to know what other folks think...

Edited by ajsict92
  • Agree 3

I think the question is how far ahead are the club going to look ahead with regards to three teams facing the drop next season. Not wanting to be pesamistic at all but depending where we finish this year and what players we lose they may not want to have as big a wage bill just in case the worst happens. I'd love to see most signed up for a couple of years and let's hope it happens. But with Doncaster effectively rogering the smaller teams with this proposed restructure I guess we are going to be fighting for ninth place along with several other teams next year. Let's hope the players are up for it and want to stay!

It may be a season too far for Russell and Rosscoe - I suspect that it will depend on whether they want to be part of a SPL squad or whether they both feel that they can do a job in the SFL - I unfortunately suspect the latter.

Keeping hold of Rooney will be a major plus but highly doubtful. Sanchez - unless he gets a late run of starts - will undoubtedly want to depart. Bloominshyte will probably want to go but we shouldnt let him go fer a snip. Tuffey will want to go on at least a loan deal - unless he is staying cos Ryan has plans to stand down.

Lets just hope that Terry and Mo stay on but get psychological support - preferably from an expreienced practitioner who is at the point of early retirement from the NHS.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 2

It may be a season too far for Russell and Rosscoe - I suspect that it will depend on whether they want to be part of a SPL squad or whether they both feel that they can do a job in the SFL - I unfortunately suspect the latter.

I'm sure you say that every year about Tokely. From what I see and read, he doesn't appear to be as criticised as Proctor, Duff, Munro or Innes. So, another year for me. IIRC, he's already got another year as his contract was for 1 year + another if he played enough games (which I'm sure he will).

No particular desire for Odi to remain, Gil needs to do something special when he comes back to prove himself. Let's hope he does but it's not looking great. As for Sanchez, probably, but depends on who else we can get.

As long as Gillet can recover, definitely another contract.

I'm sure you say that every year about Tokely

Actually it was what I said last season fer the first time - and has he responded to me and the other doubters - SIMPLY THE BEST - and will get my vote to be the best ever player of the whole ICT era - 2012 may be the year too far IMHO

Russell is five months over thirty and Ross will be 32 tomorrow. I hardly think either is over the hill yet.