FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

I was talking to a Celtic supporting mate

marks

and he agrees with me. There is something weird going on down in the bowels of the SFA. ICT have not managed to win one penalty in the SPL for one whole calendar year, referees are "missing" fouls on our players which could quite easily have crippled them and seen them turning out for the amputee paralympic team, despite the fact that the player still managed to finish the match.

I put it to you this is not just because we are missing the odd wee drop in the box from the likes of Munro or Rooney and Johnny Hayes being out injured for so long, this is because there is some weird conspiracy going on.

My wee Celtic supporting chum has given me some sound advice, he reckons we could claim that since the Highlands is such a hotbed of native gaelic speakers we could claim the racism card, seeing as how the Gaelic language arrived on our shores through Ireland we must all have originated from their at some point in our ancestry. He reckons too that we should start a twatter campaign against any referee who annoys us, send him videos which are slowed right down for maximum effect, perhaps do our Highland march from our last home game to Hampden to demand changes and force the refs into striking as that will give more publicity to our cause. We could even start e.bombing random arbitrary bodies with any thing which we deem to be unsporting or even downright unjust.

We can do it guys, we can emulate the "best supporters in the world" who is with me?

Edited by marks
  • Agree 1

Content Removed

Do you mean the GTWB Productions thread? If you do, then I am sure it won't be too long before you acquire a fuller understanding of the traditions of CTO.

IHE's GTWB Production is as much part of CTO over the Festive Season as cranberry jelly, sprouts, stuffing and roast potatoes are part of a turkey dinner or Jimmy Nairn's Disneyland was part of the Yuletide Playhouse cafe. GTWB (*) is a veritable CTO institution - indeed as much so as the annual "Memories of Olde Sneck" thread which also used to command a place on the main forum but actually did not appear this year, possibly because it has lately become an all year round institution with its own dedicated forum.

GTWB fully deserves its place on the most popular section of this forum not only because of its legendary status but also (and I trust you noticed this when you read through it) its constant references to a multitude of regular posters as well as to ICT's early and pre history, culminating as it does in a Caley v Jags final.

On the other hand, maybe Mainstander's option B and Mantis' comment (above) help to explain why the Mods appear to have taken the view that this thread should be moved to General Nonsense.

(*)- just in case you're not sure what GTWB stands for, it's Granville, Toich and Willie Bell who are all Inverness institutions of the mid/latter part of the 20th century. The first had an intense interest in Animal Husbandry (sic) :lol: although tended to go into denial of that in the courtroom. The second was a well known lunatic of this parish while the third once allegedly had a plot under his kilt to blow up pylons in the name of militant Scottish Republicanism.

All would also have been known professionally, if not to IHE, then at least to his father and to his colleague my psychiatrist uncle.

Edited by CaleyD
Edited to reflect removal of quoted content from earlier post.
  • Agree 1

Content Removed

I don't find it strange. The other thread is funny, entertaining and a tradition on this forum. Your thread is not and you should thank whoever moved it for saving you the embarrassment of looking like a [offensive remark removed] on the main forum.

Edited by CaleyD
Edited to reflect removal of quoted content from earlier post & personal remark
  • Agree 4

Strnge that this should be relegated to anything goes yet that dumb GTFCTO production thread is allowed to remain, surely this has more relevance to ICT footballing matters.

I don't find it strange. The other thread is funny, entertaining and a tradition on this forum. Your thread is not and you should thank whoever moved it for saving you the embarrassment of looking like a [offensive comment removed] on the main forum.

And there lies my point. There are people looking like dicks by sending referees tweets with video attached, there are people calling for fans to contact the SFA's compliance officer over a tackle which looks like primary school stuff in comparison to some of Ross Tokely's, there are people e-mailing the club to demand answers on irrelevant matters and when this is pointed out the admin and their erselickers round like shoaling piranha to tear any dissenters apart, there's nothing like a bit of mob rule. My thread here is not only relevant to the forum in which it was placed, it has also shown the CTO branch of the ICT support to be exactly what everyone I have talked to at matches claims it to be.

Edited by CaleyD
Edited to reflect removal of quoted content from earlier post.
  • Agree 1

Strnge that this should be relegated to anything goes yet that dumb GTFCTO production thread is allowed to remain, surely this has more relevance to ICT footballing matters.

Do you mean the GTWB Productions thread? If you do, then I am sure it won't be too long before you acquire a fuller understanding of the traditions of CTO.

IHE's GTWB Production is as much part of CTO over the Festive Season as cranberry jelly, sprouts, stuffing and roast potatoes are part of a turkey dinner or Jimmy Nairn's Disneyland was part of the Yuletide Playhouse cafe. GTWB (*) is a veritable CTO institution - indeed as much so as the annual "Memories of Olde Sneck" thread which also used to command a place on the main forum but actually did not appear this year, possibly because it has lately become an all year round institution with its own dedicated forum.

GTWB fully deserves its place on the most popular section of this forum not only because of its legendary status but also (and I trust you noticed this when you read through it) its constant references to a multitude of regular posters as well as to ICT's early and pre history, culminating as it does in a Caley v Jags final.

On the other hand, maybe Mainstander's option B and Mantis' comment (above) help to explain why the Mods appear to have taken the view that this thread should be moved to General Nonsense.

(*)- just in case you're not sure what GTWB stands for, it's Granville, Toich and Willie Bell who are all Inverness institutions of the mid/latter part of the 20th century. The first had an intense interest in Animal Husbandry (sic) :lol: although tended to go into denial of that in the courtroom. The second was a well known lunatic of this parish while the third once allegedly had a plot under his kilt to blow up pylons in the name of militant Scottish Republicanism.

All would also have been known professionally, if not to IHE, then at least to his father and to his colleague my psychiatrist uncle.

The issue is not whether or not Granville and mates should stay in the forum I have no problem with a bit of light hearted comedy the issue is why has this thread been moved when none of the original post breaches the site rules.

From another thread

There is really no big issue here other than our fans starting to sound like Celtic fans who jump at every little thing and get their cyber offended hats on before emailing every governing body available on a Google search.

The issue is not whether or not you called the club but why did you feel the need to contact them in the first place? If you get an answer stating that no the club have not contacted the Compliance officer then what do you gain from such a reply and does it make any difference to the discussion? You say you are in agreement that if the club do not deem it necessary to push the matter then I see no reason for contacting them at all, unless you wished to give the stirrers a little more reason to go stirring.

I was talking to a Celtic supporting mate and he agrees with me.

There is something weird going on down in the bowels of the SFA.

ICT have not managed to win one penalty in the SPL for one whole calendar year,

referees are "missing" fouls on our players

I put it to you this is not just because we are missing the odd wee drop in the box

there is some weird conspiracy going on.

My wee Celtic supporting chum has given me some sound advice, he reckons we could

claim that since the Highlands is such a hotbed of native gaelic speakers

we could claim the racism card

we should start a twatter campaign against any referee who annoys us,

do our Highland march from our last home game to Hampden to demand changes

force the refs into striking

start e.bombing random arbitrary bodies

We can do it guys, we can emulate the "best supporters in the world" who is with me?

:fishing:

Have you ever actually been to the Highlands Marks? A hotbed of Gaelic. :wacko:

• Agree 1

The issue is not whether or not Granville and mates should stay in the forum I have no problem with a bit of light hearted comedy the issue is why has this thread been moved when none of the original post breaches the site rules.

Rule 1.2 applies ! This thread is nonsense and has been moved accordingly. Any further discussions regarding moderation of this or any other thread you have complained about should be submitted in the appropriate manner.

thread closed.