FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

most promising youngster?

chris123

for me its still got to be blackie despite his dip in form however zander sutherland looks like he could be quite the player and as much as i disagree with them i know there are many people on the forum who see great promise in rory just interested to see wat every1 els thinks of this

I don't think of Black as a promising youngster anymore, he's a first teamer now, IMO.

Zander Sutherland seems to be the most talented of the youngsters. I really rate Rory McAllister as an potentially a great old fashioned centre forward, a much more skillful (and clinical) version of Bayne if you like. Mike Fraser seems to be a pretty competent keeper too.

If these guys realise their potential then we possibly have the backbone to the team for the next few years.

If any of them can do as well as the only other youngster to come through our ranks (Grant Munro) then we will be fortunate. However, despite bags of potential, not every player manages to get to the next level - remember how highly rated Chris Finnegan was, yet he was released.

Mike Fraser - great young keeper, not sure I would call him a youngster anymore though. By all accounts he would already be a first team player if we didn't have 'marvellous mark' keeping him out of the side.

Rory McAllister - bags of raw talent, rated highly by some, but the jury is still out on this one. Will he be a goal machine or another 'almost made it' player - a la Bavidge. I hope the first answer is the correct one !

Zander Sutherland - From what we have heard he may well be the most exciting prospect we have. haven't had much of a chance to see this potential yet though.

Is it Zander or Alexander?

Believe he is registered with the SPL as Alexander but goes by Zander in the same way as Juanjo was registered as Juan Jose Carricondo Perez

Zander has plenty of talent, we have seen this on numerous occasions at reserve games, i think that they are building him up slowly, and not thowing him in the deep end too soon.

he might have made a difference on saturday... :007:

Anyway Rory is raw, but he's going to show a lot more to convince me he'll make it in the SPL, he lacks something 'special' .

McAllister, for me, reminds me of players like Rossco, Daisy and Teasdale (at their respective levels) - he doesn't have much finnesse, but he seems to get the job done.  When he gets the ball at his feet and gets moving he looks like a very difficult player to tackle.

Too eraly to be passing judgement, but if he doesn't make it as a striker then I think he could still have a very good career in the middle of the park somewhere with his ability to run at defenders.

Guest Sandy Cromarty

The most promising youngster................................................... right now that would be Donald Park!!  he expends more energy these days during a game than some of the players.