FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Tade to St Johnstone. Deal Confirmed.

Libero

Story in todays Press and Journal saying the St Johnstone have opened talks with Tade with a view to signing.

Would have posted this in the rumour mill but it appeared to be quite clear from the online article that talks have begun

source: http://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/Article.aspx/2779724

St Johnstone are planning a double Highland raid for Caley Thistle attacker Gregory Tade and Ross County defender Gary Miller.

The Perth club has started talks with both players aimed at securing them to contracts for the 2012-2013 campaign

Dont know what to make of this. One on hand Tade was an absolute handful for opposition defence, scored a few important goals and gives 110% every game however he could be the most frustrating player ever getting into so many goal scoring positions only to miss when scoring seemed easier.

Agreed with DC, we have never seen him paired with someone decent up front...in fact for most of the season he has been punted onto the left wing where he was absolutely useless.

Hoping he stays but with the temptation of European football he may well go.

If they sign Miller then C*unty will need a solid right back with SPL experience to fill his boots. A certain David Proctor is a free agent?

Sandaza is out of contract and Sheridan has returned back to his parent club, so guess they will need a striker. Really hope he signs for us if not that will leave use very thin up front if we cant bring anyone in - I think if there is more than 1 year on offer from St J sadly he will go there.

Agreed with DC, we have never seen him paired with someone decent up front...in fact for most of the season he has been punted onto the left wing where he was absolutely useless.

Hoping he stays but with the temptation of European football he may well go.

If they sign Miller then C*unty will need a solid right back with SPL experience to fill his boots. A certain David Proctor is a free agent?

Proctor or Tokely would do them fine.

Sandaza is out of contract and Sheridan has returned back to his parent club, so guess they will need a striker. Really hope he signs for us if not that will leave use very thin up front if we cant bring anyone in - I think if there is more than 1 year on offer from St J sadly he will go there.

Agreed, its that one step closer to France he's been looking for.

If all the stories about us losing so many players are true, the directors of this club must pull their fingers out of their asses and give the management the tools (money) to keep us in the SPL! It will cost the club a lot more if we are relegated.

St Johnstone are being linked with half the spl right now. Tades a player that will give any defence problems so would be an asset in Europe. This story could have supstence but id put it down to being a slow day. Nothing new is happening right now so I'd say this is speculation.

"ST JOHNSTONE boss Steve Lomas is planning a double swoop for countrymen Ivan Sproule and Jonny Tuffey."

http://www.thescotti...l#ixzz1viUU1Zpx

He's no wasting time in looking for new players

I would imagine the registration for European Qualifiers is pretty early and he'll be looking to get his squad sorted by then.

On the topic of Tade, I'd be sad to see him go we aren't exactly graced by riches in the forward department and with the cuts being discussed I don't see us bringing in anyone with the big man's experience.

Players are on holiday. Managers are on holiday. Indeed everyone exept the journalists are on holiday. So easy for them to sit on their arses and search the web for players who are out of contract then link them to one team or the other. Christ! Who's going to deny the stories? Everyones on holiday

• Agree 2

Agreed, its that one step closer to France he's been looking for.

Of course it does - nothing to do with him feeling that he has been constantly played out of position, often made a scapegoat, dropped and started again on a regular basis and not played to his strengths. :shrug02:

• Agree 4

If all the stories about us losing so many players are true, the directors of this club must pull their fingers out of their asses and give the management the tools (money) to keep us in the SPL! It will cost the club a lot more if we are relegated.

Where exactly do you think the directors can magic up this money from?. If more "fans" would come through the gates each week, we would have more money but so many things affecting football at the moment, don't think it is possible to try and get an extra 1000 people each week. Don't know hat St Johnstone are offering Tade in terms of cash but Dundee Utd are paying £1800 a week basic to certain new signings, how they can afford that, i have no idea but we certainly cannot.

constantly played out of position, often made a scapegoat, dropped and started again on a regular basis and not played to his strengths. :shrug02:

Only 1 player (the captain) played more for us than Tade this season. 40 appearances (33 starts) confirms that the manager showed an awful lot of faith in Tade, even during spells of obvious poor form.

He might not get played in his preferred position, but at least he gets played, a lot, and his manager here has more patience and more confidence in him than I suspect he'd get from other SPL managers.

Where exactly do you think the directors can magic up this money from?. If more "fans" would come through the gates each week, we would have more money but so many things affecting football at the moment, don't think it is possible to try and get an extra 1000 people each week. Don't know hat St Johnstone are offering Tade in terms of cash but Dundee Utd are paying £1800 a week basic to certain new signings, how they can afford that, i have no idea but we certainly cannot.

Nobody mentioned magic. Unfortunately, a sad fact of life. If we can't attract some quality into the squad we will probably go down. I don't know of any club, apart from Rangers, maybe Motherwell and ourselves who doesn,t have an ego chaser willing to put a few quid in to prop up the team. Give him credit, Macgregor has stuck by the tinks and right now, I'm not looking forward to meeting them next season. Sorry, but if our mob can't or won't invest then they should be finding someone who will.

Caleyboy, your attitude that Directors exist purely to plough their own money in to clubs is a large part of what is wrong with football today.

To a certain extent I can understand where this idea comes from...most Football Clubs operate primarily as a business and Fans are seen, and react, in a manner akin to them being no more than a customer.

It's not a healthy situation, but until attitudes start to change...and get back to what they were in the days when Clubs really were Clubs...then it will not improve.

IMO, the only way we can change, and change for the better, is for fans to get rid of this idea that they should be handed everything on a plate and that others should pay to provide that and for clubs to accept that Fans, when given the opportunity, can do so much more than just had over their hard earned.

Yes, the fans spend a small fortune following their teams as it is and it seems a little strange to support a stance which suggests they do more....but doing more doesn't necessarily mean spending more.

ICT have a core support somewhere in the region of 3000 people....imagine what could be achieved if they all chose to spend 1 hour less demanding others do something and invested that time in actually doing something to help instead? 1 hour spent convincing someone to come to a game with you, 1 hour spent going out of your way to give someone a lift to a game, 1 hour spent volunteering in some way or other, 1 hour spent posting positive stuff about being an ICT fan on your facebook/twitter page, 1 hour attending an event or function to support the efforts of those who give their time doing more.

• Agree 6

Apparently St J have offered a contract to Hasselbank, so depends whether they are looking to pair Tade up with him or not as to a contract being offered now?

Do SJ still have Riorden too or was he just a short term deal to the season?

constantly played out of position, often made a scapegoat, dropped and started again on a regular basis and not played to his strengths. :shrug02:

Only 1 player (the captain) played more for us than Tade this season. 40 appearances (33 starts) confirms that the manager showed an awful lot of faith in Tade, even during spells of obvious poor form.

He might not get played in his preferred position, but at least he gets played, a lot, and his manager here has more patience and more confidence in him than I suspect he'd get from other SPL managers.

Exactly my point - so why the feck is he moving on - if it was to go "home" to France - well OK - but to Perth - why ? The Tokely situation appears to be rotting away at others.

Don't buy into tade being frustrated by being Played On the wing. He said before he had no problem with it and he actually enjoys the defensive side of it so I see no reason for him to seek a move (if he is seeking a move) because of that.

apparently, according to the link he is also quite a skilled manufacturer of communications equipment .... "I have phoned Terry and thanked him for the opportunity he has given me. It was the hardest telephone I have made ...."