FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Euro 2012

After the dismal football in the last World Cup, this tournament has been really good so far, the best for a long time.

The Spain side of recent years has been the best football team the world has ever known. With Villa (their all time top scorer) out injured they have lost a bit upfront, which gives other teams a slight chance. Still favourites in my book, but I really like the look of Germany too.

Maybe on paper, but give me the Brazil teams of the 70s and 80s to watch anytime ahead of Spain

Spain for me, the commitment of their players is second to none and their style of play, one/two touch passing free flowing especilly in attack looks a modern version of football in the fifties. With two wingers up and inside forwards cutting up defences they are a joy to watch .............Viva Espania!.............. playig like that they deserve to win

Not a bad start to the tournament at all.

First game i expected Poland to win it, or rather Dortmund to win it as Polands 3 most influencial players play for them. They started very brightly and after 30 mins i thought they were comfortably looking like qualifying. 2nd half and everything changed, Greece down to 10 men after 2 crazy yellow cards but they never gave up and after getting the equaliser actually looked the better side. Unlucky to miss a penalty to win the match.

2nd game i expected Russia to comfortably win it and they did, 4-1! I have high hopes for Russia in this tournament and i can see them doing well. Not 100% sure how the next stage pans out so not sure who they will end up against but i if they continue to do well and win their group they might be a good shout at the bookies for a quarter final upset.

Not this time mate

I can't believe this! It should be us for pete sakes. Fecking cheated out. I hope they win it now if they do I'm gonna run around Inverness naked shouting "Scotland are unofficial European champions" the fecking cheating scallywags!!!!

*extra exclamation marks to show my anger* !!!!!!!!!

scallywags scallywags scallywags.

Edited by tm4tj
change of words, not a word we like to use on the forums

After the dismal football in the last World Cup, this tournament has been really good so far, the best for a long time.

The Spain side of recent years has been the best football team the world has ever known. With Villa (their all time top scorer) out injured they have lost a bit upfront, which gives other teams a slight chance. Still favourites in my book, but I really like the look of Germany too.

Maybe on paper, but give me the Brazil teams of the 70s and 80s to watch anytime ahead of Spain

Exactly, Brazil 1970. Or Brazil with Pele and Garrincha playing.

"Garrincha played 50 international matches for Brazil between 1955 and 1966, and was a starter for the national team in the 1958, 1962 and 1966 World Cups. Brazil only lost one match with him on the pitch, against Hungary at the 1966 World Cup. Pel

I can't believe this! It should be us for pete sakes. Fecking cheated out. I hope they win it now if they do I'm gonna run around Inverness naked shouting "Scotland are unofficial European champions" the fecking cheating scallywags!!!!

scallywags scallywags scallywags

Obviously it was their fault as well that Levein decided not to play any strikers in Prague?

Edited by tm4tj

I can't believe this! It should be us for pete sakes. Fecking cheated out. I hope they win it now if they do I'm gonna run around Inverness naked shouting "Scotland are unofficial European champions" the fecking cheating scallywag!!!!

Obviously it was their fault as well that Levein decided not to play any strikers in Prague?

If they hadn't cheated to win that penalty then that result would've been irrelevant. I see it as we done enough and had it snatched away from us by a cheating scallywag

Edited by tm4tj

Germans, although not getting past 3rd gear, were pretty damn lucky to beat Denmark. Bentner should have had a penalty late in the second half when he was getting pulled away from getting his shot in. Just because he made contact with the ball didnt mean it wasnt. Blatant penalty. Still, a penalty doesnt mean you score, but Germans would have still had 20 minutes to come back.

Suprised at the Dutch getting nil point, 3 rd ranked team

That was never going to happen though. Any team set up under Hodgson, certainly in recent memory, is not geared towards that type of football. They are well drilled, resolute and defensive. England were always going to play like this at this tournament.

Pirlo was magnificent and Mark Lawrenson is a complete walloper.

Mark Lawrenson is a complete walloper.

True, never really bothered me as much as Tyldesley but he was a walloper last night.

The English media are unreal. They were seeded top in their group so you would expect them to reach the last 8. Yet the fuss that was made when they actually did was over the top, as if they had expected them NOT to qualify from a group including Ukraine and Sweden (mind you I thought they were lucky against both).

So then they switch back to jingoistic mode which is just nauseating. Bad enough when it's Tyldesley on ITV but you really expect better from the BBC. And as for old Sir Bob Charlton ("if they beat Italy I think they'll win it"), this is one of English football's most respected statesmen.

Almost felt sorry for the squad, not the most talented bunch ever, but they could do without the pressure. Oh well, saves us listening to tired old stereotypes about WW2 I suppose :lol:

Edited by TheMantis