FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

A call to Arms

davie

Caley Jags Together stands fully behind Terry Butcher and his Team in calling on every Caley Thistle fan to get behind their team this Saturday for this crucial highland derby. All of our support needs to be in the stands to shout, sing and outchant our neighbours in what promises to be an epic battle for a place in the top six in scottish football. The least we might achieve on Saturday is the most we have ever done, so be there to see it. Buy your tickets now. Get down to the stadium, get on the phone, get online and make sure of your place. Tickets are selling fast, so don't leave it to chance.

Wear your colours all this week - a tie, a scarf, a shirt. Wear them to work, to the pub, in town. Let everyone know we are here. Sound your car horn when you see a fellow fan; get on the phone to local radio for phone in's, requests, whatever. Make sure that they know who we are and what we are and that our voices are heard above all.

If you are coming to the game on Saturday, bring a friend - it shouldn't be hard to persuade them. You can be sure that our "noisy neighbours" will be as up for this as us, so we have to make sure that we have the voice. We have the team, we have the numbers and we need you to make sure that there is only one winner this Saturday.

Go here to be inspired!

Davie Balfour

Chairman, Caley Jags Together

Edited by davie
  • Agree 12

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:   Now that is more like it but is quite amusing in light of some previous comments about the Inverness faithful. It may be a personal flashback but TB's unshaven look suggests that he has been locked up fer the night fer Drunk and Incapable and is broadcasting hungover from an interview room before going to the Magistrates.

I wasn't aware it was called the Caley Thistle Stadium!

Did it really need those captions ("We're one family" etc)?  I think just having Butcher's message would have been fine, without the other stuff.

Edited by Renegade

Did it really need those captions ("We're one family" etc)?  I think just having Butcher's message would have been fine, without the other stuff.

Yeah, god forbid anyone might want to do something that's remotely fun or attention catching.

Like it or not, and I don't particularly care one way or the other, it's done precisely what it was intended to do.....get people talking about the game.  The average video views on a normal pre-match interview is 200-250 and this video is already over 1500 and climbing on YouTube, and another few hundred views on ePlayer where it has been the leading video on the SPL channel for a day and a half (and still is right now)....putting it on the front page of Pie & Bovril, SPL official website and many other Scottish sports/football news sites.

So, in answer to your question....no, it probably didn't need the captions and all the rest of it, but their addition has vastly increased the exposure for this game and ICT in general the last few days, not only with video views being way beyond normal, but also with inflated levels of website visitors, facebook page visitors and twitter followers.

If it's captured the attention of even a handful of people and sewn a seed which might lead to them attending a game at TCS, be it this weekend or in the future, then job done.

• Agree 7

It's not that sad Gordie. Every club in europe has much the same problem ; there ain't that much money around and if it's a question of tightening your belt (as it is for a lot of people) then things like footie go first. we'll see what the crowd is like on Saturday, but I'm relaxed about it - as long as we win!

• Agree 2

So, in answer to your question....no, it probably didn't need the captions and all the rest of it, but their addition has vastly increased the exposure for this game and ICT in general the last few days, not only with video views being way beyond normal, but also with inflated levels of website visitors, facebook page visitors and twitter followers.

I never said it was a bad idea in making a video and it's good that these types of things get the club more exposure in the run up to the game, I just found some of the captions a bit...cringey.

It's not that sad Gordie. Every club in europe has much the same problem ; there ain't that much money around and if it's a question of tightening your belt (as it is for a lot of people) then things like footie go first. we'll see what the crowd is like on Saturday, but I'm relaxed about it - as long as we win!

AC Milans average attendance has fallen by some 10,000 from ~ 50k to ~ 40k. 

I don't know if you are supporting the point on falling attendences or are extracting the urine RiG.

Population of Milan: 1.35m (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milan)

Population of Inverness: 72k (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inverness)

Average attendances from last season comparison to now - Milan: -20% (no idea if the figures you quote are accurate)

Average attendances from last season comparison to now - ICT: -4% (4181 2011-12, 4,017 2012-13 to date) ()

A drop in income by one fifth would indeed be something to be concerned about!

I will stick to my original point that it is sad we are struggling to sell out a match that TB has rightly billed the "biggest in highland history". Is it true we are now also giving out free tickets to schools for this match ? 

I agree. One of the most important Highland derbies ever and I understand that there are well over a thousand home tickets still unsold.

Not sure where that comes from..... I understand that the club are really busy today and that tickets are shifting. If people are concerned, get your mates on board, get them to buy tickets and get them in the Caley Jags end. You know it makes sense.

• Agree 1

I will stick to my original point that it is sad we are struggling to sell out a match that TB has rightly billed the "biggest in highland history". Is it true we are now also giving out free tickets to schools for this match ? 

The club give tickets to schools etc for all games, regardless of whether they are expected to sell out or not....so yes, it will be true that we are giving out free tickets.

• Agree 1

The club give tickets to schools etc for all games, regardless of whether they are expected to sell out or not....so yes, it will be true that we are giving out free tickets.

Ok thanks for the info 

Celtic are reducing their season ticket prices for next season.

Edited by Top Six Next Year

far too much talk and not enough action from people on this forum. The second people make the effort to do something positive for the club people will immediately look to knock it down. If people put more effort into trying to help the club rather than shooting down everything they do we might actually start moving forward.

• Agree 4

I don't know if you are supporting the point on falling attendences or are extracting the urine RiG.

Population of Milan: 1.35m (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milan)

Population of Inverness: 72k (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inverness)

Average attendances from last season comparison to now - Milan: -20% (no idea if the figures you quote are accurate)

Average attendances from last season comparison to now - ICT: -4% (4181 2011-12, 4,017 2012-13 to date) ()

A drop in income by one fifth would indeed be something to be concerned about!

I was aligning myself with the previous poster who noted a fall in attendances across the board and Milan is one that I am aware of as showing a dramatic decline.

Their average attendance this season is 40,541. Last season it was 51,442. They more than make up for that shortfall by having Berlusconi bankrolling them with all his media dealings.

http://espnfc.com/stats/attendance?league=ita.1&cc=5739#

Celtic are reducing their season ticket prices for next season.

Celtic have been fabricating their attendances this season as well! I think there was an FoI response from Strathclyde Police that showed Celtic were inflating the attendances by up to 9,000 or 10,000. Sounds like a drop in price for their fans is needed to get them coming along again.

EDIT: Found the FoI response http://www.strathclyde.police.uk/assets/pdf/22915/Response_Letter_for_website.pdf00142013 No idea what the declared attendances were but you see they are pretty damn low!

A couple for interests sake though - Celtic v Kilmarnock 30th January 2013 was given by Celtic as 43,652 but the figure given to the police for the number of people actually in the ground was 23,942 a difference of nearly 20,000!

Celtic v Dundee United on 22nd January 2013 was stated by Celtic as 42,596 but the police were told there were 27,693. 

Edited by RiG
  • Agree 3

Interesting stuff RIG. I assume it was requested by a Newco supporter but it's a bit confusing working out exactly what was requested and what was clarified, and why there's matches from St Mirren etc.