FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Team for Hearts Semi

Guest Mahonio

Guest Mahonio

It might be a bit to early for starting this thread as we don't know who's possibly going to be signed before Window closes on Friday at either 2300 or Midnight.

Brill

Raven, Devine, Warren, Tremarco

Draper, Polworth

Watkins, Vincent, Shinnie

McKay

Subs: Esson; Cooper; Tansey; Ross and Pepper.

Not sure when Foran is back or how long Meekings will be out for, so that's why left them out but going by who I have put on bench, Strikers are a must, surely?

very strange selection given that Cooper is currently injured!  Watkins hasn't played much football lately and that you would include Connor Pepper in front of Christie who has been terrific all season with our -20s. Having not seen the game at Killie I would suggest that we line up as;

Brill

Raven/Devine/Warren/Tremarco

Doran/Draper/Shinnie/Williams

Ross

Mackay

Subs: Tansey/Polworth/Vincent/Christie/Esson.

Think the biggest threat to us next week will be red cards. Hearts players are coached to throw themselves to the ground and feign injury, and with 15,000 screaming jambos in the stands baying for our players to be booked or sent off for every challenge, this might not be the ideal game for the likes of Tremarco and Draper.

Brill 

Raven Warren Meekings Tremarco 

Draper Shinnie

Doran Tansey Watkins

Mckay

Our best available team should start this game. Unfair on the likes of Williams and Polworth but we need to be as strong as possible in all areas of the pitch. 

Edited by ICTRoughi

Guest Mahonio

No need to be overly critical ffs!

Maybe I should have got you or someone else pick team as it would be perfect with everyone agreeing with you and also, I say this a million times, I WORK weekends so can't get to many games, Jesus, some people are just nasty!

Maybe I should have got you or someone else pick team as it would be perfect with everyone agreeing with you and also, I say this a million times, I WORK weekends so can't get to many games, Jesus, some people are just nasty!

Don't think Renegade was having a go just passing comment.

Putting aside team selections, how are people feeling about this game?

Last year's was a great occassion, an afternoon of highs and lows, much more than I ever feel in a league match. This time, I'm concerned about the fact that people will expect us to win, overlooking the form book (as well as Hearts having home advantage).

Both sides have been having a pretty torrid time in the league and are showing relegation form. It's pretty scary that the recent records are in fact identical:  from the last 7 games, just 1 win, 2 draws and 4 defeats. The sides are currently as bad as each other. Gonna be close, me thinks. But bring it on, can't wait.

Brill

Raven  -  Warren  -  Meekings  -  Shinnie

Draper  -  Tansey

Doran  -  Vincent  -  Watkins

McKay

Alan Hansen said Bob Paisley's philosphy is, if you are in a bad run (and generally we are), keep playing your best team.  They are the ones most likely to get you out of it.

Guest Mahonio

Putting aside team selections, how are people feeling about this game?

Last year's was a great occassion, an afternoon of highs and lows, much more than I ever feel in a league match. This time, I'm concerned about the fact that people will expect us to win, overlooking the form book (as well as Hearts having home advantage).

Both sides have been having a pretty torrid time in the league and are showing relegation form. It's pretty scary that the recent records are in fact identical: from the last 7 games, just 1 win, 2 draws and 4 defeats. The sides are currently as bad as each other. Gonna be close, me thinks. But bring it on, can't wait.

I am actually excited and nervous :ictscarf: :ictscarf:.

Nasty?!

Having seen all but two of our games this season as well as the game, I think I'm fairly to get assertions as who's played well recently and who hasn't.

Guest Mahonio

I'm not even going to answer that as it ain't worth losing rag over, ever since I came to this forum, you've taking a dislike to me, god knows why though!!

In future, I'll leave the bloody threads for you to start instead seeing as you 'know more than me".

Edited by Mahonio

I'm not even going to answer that as it ain't worth losing rag over, ever since I came to this forum, you've taking a dislike to me, god knows why though!!

In future, I'll leave the ******* threads for you to start instead seeing as you 'know more than me".

Eh?

Guest Mahonio

You have been targetting faults ever since I became a member here, I get worried everytime I say something because I'm waiting for a critical reply from you.

Now, get back on topic and pick more criticism you can aim at me!!

At time of starting thread, I didn't ken Cooper was out, he wasn't mentioned on BBC match preview last night so sorry for not knowing.

I was actually going to leave bench out as I wasn't 100% who to put on it.

Brill

Raven      Devine       Warren      Shinnie

Draper       Tansey      Watkins

Doran      Vincent

Mckay

Subs Esson Williams Christie Polworth Ross Tremarco

Brill

Raven Meekings Warren Tremarco

Draper Shinnie

Doran Watkins Ross

Mckay

Provided Foran isn't fit this is how I'd start, if he is I'd take a gamble and start him in place of Tremarco with Shinnie slotting back in at left back.

Watkins in behind Mckay as he is more direct than Nicky or Aaron, get him running at the centre halves similar to the 2nd goal Billy scored at Tynecastle

Guest Mahonio

Fair enough, let's leave it at that, I'm about to watch FA Cup highlights to see if i can learn anything off of our national boss haha.

I'll stick to my Tennis knowledge, hows that Renegade :-P? Nadal to beat Wawrinka in 5 tight sets, one or 2 which will be tie breakers.

Look lad, I don't want to make enemies on here, or else what would point of being on forum, I did say that I shouldn't have started this thread and this one proves it eh haha.

Now, let's look ahead to our biggest game of season without having a fallout, how does that sound ;-)?

Edited by Mahonio

Fair enough, let's leave it at that, I'm about to watch FA Cup highlights to see if i can learn anything off of our national boss haha.

I'll stick to my Tennis knowledge, hows that Renegade :-P? Nadal to beat Wawrinka in 5 tight sets, one or 2 which will be tie breakers.

Look lad, I don't want to make enemies on here, or else what would point of being on forum, I did say that I shouldn't have started this thread and this one proves it eh haha.

Now, let's look ahead to our biggest game of season without having a fallout, how does that sound ;-)?

I don't like tennis!

What I'd go with -

Brill

Raven Warren Meekings Tremarco

Draper Shinnie

Doran Ross Watkins

Mckay

Subs - Esson, Devine, Williams, Vincent, Tansey

Foran in for Tansey if he's fit enough.

Edited by Renegade

It might be a bit to early for starting this thread as we don't know who's possibly going to be signed before Window closes on Friday at either 2300 or Midnight.

Brill

Raven, Devine, Warren, Tremarco

Draper, Polworth

Watkins, Vincent, Shinnie

McKay

Subs: Esson; Cooper; Tansey; Ross and Pepper.

Not sure when Foran is back or how long Meekings will be out for, so that's why left them out but going by who I have put on bench, Strikers are a must, surely?

Mckay...small "k"

• Agree 1