FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Team for Dundee Utd

WYNESS101

I know that Meekings and warren are the 1st choice centre back pairing, but with Warren out of the final, would it not make sense to play Devine against Utd to give him a full match before the final? Usually I would say that we should play our strongest line up but Devine is a good player and I think it would a good idea

I know that Meekings and warren are the 1st choice centre back pairing, but with Warren out of the final, would it not make sense to play Devine against Utd to give him a full match before the final? Usually I would say that we should play our strongest line up but Devine is a good player and I think it would a good idea

No!  The league cup is the lesser of the 3 competitions we are in.  Both because we are still in with a chance of winning the main cup competition and because there will be significant financial benefit in progressing against Dundee Utd, this Sunday's game is actually more important.  Wednesday's game against Hibs is also more important as defeat there could have a serious impact in our bid for a top 3 place.  Winning the final on Sunday would be a landmark for the club and obviously very nice but we need our strongest teams possible for the two games ahead of it. 

• Agree 1

Brill

Raven Warren Meekings Shinnie

Draper Tansey

Doran Vincent Foran

Mckay

Draper's suspended for this one...

So he is, good spot Sneckboy! 

Foran in CDM and Watkins at Left Wing

No!  The league cup is the lesser of the 3 competitions we are in.  Both because we are still in with a chance of winning the main cup competition and because there will be significant financial benefit in progressing against Dundee Utd, this Sunday's game is actually more important.  Wednesday's game against Hibs is also more important as defeat there could have a serious impact in our bid for a top 3 place.  Winning the final on Sunday would be a landmark for the club and obviously very nice but we need our strongest teams possible for the two games ahead of it. 

Agree. The quarter final of the premier knock out competition is every bit as important as the final the following week. We are only two games away from what would be an even more significant landmark in our history. No way should we be experimenting against United or using the match as any sort of rehearsal for the League Cup final.

• Agree 2

Glad I'm not a manager when it comes to team selection for this and Hibs - all are importnat for different reasons! On the one hand, you can give "fringe" players an opportunity to shine with the carrot of a place in the cup final day, on the other, you want the guys who are going to play in the final as much time together as possible.....and then there's the issue of 3 games in quick succession: fatigue and injuries.....

For what it's worth, I'd do something like this for DUFC:

Brill

Raven Devine Meekings Shinnie

Foran Tansey

Doran        Vincent       Watkins

Mckay

And for Hibs:

Brill

Raven Devine Meekings Tremarco

Foran Tansey

Doran       Ross       Williams

Watkins........don't want Shinnie or Billy getting injured!

• Agree 1