FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Ex-ICT players' news

Sneckboy

Craig Dargo has 'hung up his boots' at the age of 37. He didn't feature too much for Berwick last season and he's now coaching kids in Glasgow.
I'd stop short of putting him in the ICT 'legends' category, but a did a great job for us in the two seasons he was here.

Newtown overcame Valletta to earn a Europa League second-round tie against FC Copenhagen.

Jason Oswell repeated his first-leg scoring efforts in Malta.

Craig Williams's cross gave Oswell the chance to give Newtown the confidence boost of a crucial opening away goal.

Juan Gill's foul on Oswell to earn Newtown a penalty and after Owen's shot was halted, he made the most of his second chance to herald jubilant scenes among visiting fans and players.

Gregory Tade has signed for Steaua Bucharest 

He obviously still reads this forum and has realised he wants to meet-up with the ICT supporters in the bars of the Romanian capital!
But seriously, t
hat's a great move for him! Maybe unfairly labelled as 'a headless-chicken' by some, his style obviously 'works' in Romanian football - after all, he was top scorer over there last season!

• Agree 1

Ryan Baptie has signed for Peterhead. 

Strange he's gone to a club in (kind of) northern Scotland.  Talk was he was always back home in Edinburgh.  Funnily enough, I had high hopes for him.  Thought he looked a decent player.

• Agree 1

Iain Vigurs today was a trialist for Inverurie against Nairn :lol::lol::lol:

The Highland League will be better than the SPL soon at this rate.

There were also rumours that before Chris Maguire signed for Rotherham a few days ago, he was joining-in the pre-season training at Formartine United - and he'd said he'd sign a short deal if he couldn't find a club down-south!

Possibly true, as he's an Aberdeen lad, and was probably just back home - but going from the English Championship (on a very decent wage) to the Highland League - I didn't think so!

But there are players now happy to 'drop down' a level - yes, it'll predominantly be for money (Garry Wood - Montrose to Formartine....), but also because now there's an opportunity to still play SPFL football via the play-offs. Highland League is now effectively SPFL League 3 (North).

2-0 Friendly defeat for Kirkie Rob Roy v Airdrie last weekend. Brian Prunty scored the first Airdrie goal. Far from a legend but will always be remembered for the sclaffed shot that went in to equalise at Ibrox.

His brother Jamie (a defender) played at Rob Roy for several seasons.

• Agree 1

Last August we had a young Nigerian striker on trial called Dare Ayodele.  A few months ago he signed for Skonto (Riga, Latvia), where he is part of the B team squad.

Reminder:  http://www.soccerladuma.co.za/news/articles/teams/inverness-caledonian-thistle/rookie-nigerian-striker-dare-ayodele-is-close-to-a-move-to-scotland/174527

Edited by Yngwie

Dean McDonald has been released from his latest club, Dulwich Hamlet. But I'm sure there will be plenty of clubs looking for a striker!
Just looked up 'images' to remind myself what he looked like - and saw this. It's funny what time does to the memory - I could have sworn McDonald had been a Brewster signing!

00184430.thumb.jpg.b8af2ea321ef8ba2b86fa

Edited by Sneckboy

I see including us (and discounting trials at Gillingham, Swansea and Toronto), McDonald, who is still only 29, has had 17 different clubs.  Without doubt one of the most talentless players I've ever seen at ICT.