FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Ex-ICT players' news

Sneckboy

You been drinking?!  I've no doubt Deano gave 100% but that ain't enough when you simply lack the skills to succeed at our level.

More like 1%.  Too slow, too fat, too lazy, nowhere near good enough for this level.  A dreadful player who unsurprisingly has fallen into the midst of obscurity ever since.  He made Eric Odhiambo look like Lionel Messi!

Edited by Renegade

Dundee Utd have suspended their head of youth development, Stevie Campbell, who was an ICT coach before leaving with Brewster and Malky Thomson to Tannadice in 2006.  It came as a surprise to me that he was still there after all these years, he's certainly done well to last so long at a club that has been through a few managerial regimes in that time.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33889577

Updates on this today on BBC Gossip:

Youth director Stevie Campbell last night quit Dundee United just days before a club hearing over allegations of bullying and racism. (Daily Record)

And Campbell, who was suspended from his duties earlier this season, intends to take the Tannadice club to an employment tribunal. (Daily Mail)

Just been watching the FA Cup on the BBC and saw Marley Watkins (and also Sam Winnall) going from scoring in the Scottish Cup final in front of 37000 to exiting the FA Cup at round 1 with Barnsley in front of 2571 at Altrincham.

Just been watching the FA Cup on the BBC and saw Marley Watkins (and also Sam Winnall) going from scoring in the Scottish Cup final in front of 37000 to exiting the FA Cup at round 1 with Barnsley in front of 2571 at Altrincham.

...and getting paid a hell of a lot more for it!

Some folk may remember that in the U20 squad we used to have a player named Hayden Hollinger (whose name makes him sound more like a surfer than a footballer!).  I see he's now playing the college football team (where I presume he also studies) of Hartwick College in New York State.

IIRC he isn't the first ex-ICT player to move to America to study.  I'm sure our former third choice keeper (behind Mark Brown and Michael Fraser) Jonathan Smith moved over there as well.

Edited by Renegade

• 2 weeks later...

Was glancing at a Scottish Cup preview of the Wick v Linlithgow Rose game and discovered that Ryan Baptie is now on their (Linlithgow's) books!
He came to us from Hibs on a one-year-deal at the beginning of last season - and was considered a promising player, predominantly a left-back.
It was even thought that he could eventually be the successor to Shinnie. He did well in pre-season but didn't threaten our first-team and was subsequently released at the end of the season.
Peterhead then snapped him up - but it seems he's now back 'home' now playing in the Juniors.

• Agree 2

Lee Cox has been signed by Stevenage (from Plymouth Argyle) on a short loan, until January.
He was an integral part of our team that won promotion to the SPL in 2009/10. He's still only 25 - I hadn't appreciated just how young he was back then!

17 hours ago, Sneckboy said:

Was glancing at a Scottish Cup preview of the Wick v Linlithgow Rose game and discovered that Ryan Baptie is now on their (Linlithgow's) books!
He came to us from Hibs on a one-year-deal at the beginning of last season - and was considered a promising player, predominantly a left-back.
It was even thought that he could eventually be the successor to Shinnie. He did well in pre-season but didn't threaten our first-team and was subsequently released at the end of the season.
Peterhead then snapped him up - but it seems he's now back 'home' now playing in the Juniors.

I saw Baptie play quite a bit in the pre-season and reserve games and he really looked a player - certainly not much behind Shinnie when he was that age.  He also had the fact he can play at centre-half and take a good free kick on his side as well.  From what I gather though he was always back home in Edinburgh.  Maybe he doesn't have the drive to make it as this level then.

Has Russell Latapy had any employment since, ahem, leaving ICT to become a manager in his own right?  I can't find any record of him doing anything.

One recent development is that, after many years of legal wrangling, he is finally starting to receive payment of a $1m out of court settlement in respect of unpaid earnings and wrongful dismissal from his time managing T&T.

:rasta:

Ibra Sekajja has cropped-up at Braintree Town, having signed last month as a free agent. It didn't work for him at Livingston, it seems.
However, Braintree are in the 5th tier and pushing for the League Two play-offs, so it's a good standard.

Not wanting to 'bump' years old threads, so I'll stick this here...

Steve Paterson is back in the game!
Last night, he was appointed manager at Dufftown, who are in their first season in the North Junior Superleague.
Brilliant news. Assuming he still lives in the Moray area, it's a handy gig for him. Wish him well with this endeavour.

• Agree 2

Article from The Northern Scot newspaper website:

'Pele' Paterson is new Dufftown manager

MORAY junior football club Dufftown have pulled off a sensational coup by appointing Steve ‘Pele’ Paterson as their new manager.

Steve Paterson is the new Dufftown manager.
Steve Paterson is the new Dufftown manager.

Former Aberdeen boss Paterson, who steered Caley Thistle up the Scottish divisions and won countless Highland League honours, has agreed an 18-month contract with the Speyside outfit.

‘Pele’ told the Northern Scot how Dufftown’s approach to him came like a bolt out of the blue, but chairman Alan Murray won him over with his ambitious plans.

"When I first spoke to Alan and then met him, he really sold the club fantastically well," Paterson said. "For some strange reason it just seemed to capture imagination.

"It was more out of respect to Dufftown that I first listened to what they had to say, but the more I thought about it, it started to get me interested.

"I just love being involved in football and the lure of getting back to a grassroots level was quite healthy for me."

Murray said Paterson wants to work with club coaches and recent caretaker managers Garry McGingle and Davie Ness, and not bring in his own people.

The pair had taken on the role in an interim basis since previous boss Fraser Bremner, the man who steered Dufftown to the North Junior Superleague, quit to join Highland League Rothes in October.

Paterson left his last management job at Formartine United in March and planned to take a long spell away from football, despite approaches from other clubs.

Dufftown chairman Murray said: "I think it’s the biggest appointment that I can remember at this club."

Paterson will miss Dufftown’s game at Inverness City on Saturday but will take in their visit to Banks o’ Dee in Aberdeen the following Wednesday.

The junior football league then goes into a winter break, with Paterson officially taking charge of the team on January 1.

In Friday’s Northern Scot, don’t miss an exclusive interview with ‘Pele’ Paterson where he talks about a new and unexpected chapter in his incredible football career.

• Agree 2

A week ago I asked what Latapy was up to these days, and since then he's been in the papers a few times.

Yesterday's Sun filled a column inch or two with a "he could be the man for Alloa" non-story which had no basis other than the fact that he was interviewed for the position when it was available last season.

The Record today says Latapy is very keen on the St Mirren vacancy, and also mentions that he applied for the Motherwell job a couple of months ago.

• Agree 1

On 26/11/2015 at 4:41 PM, Sneckboy said:

I notice that, according to Linlithgow's website, Baptie is 'on loan' from Peterhead.  How does the registration process work then? I assume Linlithgow had to register him as a junior, so, if he is called back to Peterhead, would he have to be re registered as a senior? I didn't realise changing from juniors to seniors and vice versa was so straightforward.  I'm sure I could find the answer if I ploughed through the SFA's registration rules, but I just wondered if anyone knew off the top of their head (cue Sneckboy?)

That's interesting, CMIB, I hadn't realised he was only on loan. He's probably 'too good' for the Juniors, at this stage of his career, but as Renegade mentioned earlier, he does seem to be a home-bird and would possibly prefer to find a club closer to Edinburgh than Peterhead.
Not sure about the registration situation, though!
I did look it up, but there's 80 pages of SFA jargon to sift through...I apologise for 'slacking' but I've 3 days of darts highlights to watch! :lol:

There is this peculiar registering as a junior/senior thing but I've no idea how it works with loans. Certainly, loads of seniors do still have loans in the juniors so there is maybe a red-tape repellent to make it easy. Peterhead must've lobbed him to Rose because they couldn't get him a decent loan in the Highland League, and the East Juniors are a higher standard than the North Juniors.

Talking of senior-junior loans, I've seen an amazing pic of a Celtic loanee scoring for Cumbernauld United v Kirkie Rob Roy in 1967. One K Dalglish.

• Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...