FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Positives

Guest Shaun

Guest Shaun

Ok, I  am trying to find out if there are any positives to be taking from our 3 competitive games  so far this  season but due to not being at any of the games, I am needing your help guys/girls.

One that I can think of is: we have conceded 2 goals, one which was an unstoppable strike (possibly goalkeepers error) plus a goal from a parry from Owain.

Another was the apparent excellence of Fon Williams v Motherwell, made a string of important saves according to Motherwell matchday thread.

An unstoppable strike that was possibly a keeper error?  It's one or the other, it can't be both!

The only positive is we can't be as poor as that again......I hope.

Edited by Renegade
  • Disagree 1

The main positives are that we have fared well in a history making experience in top class European football against a relatively established European team. The whole adventure was relished. And in case anyone has not noticed we are only ONE game in to the current league season. It looks like expectations have gone through the roof. Let's face it - life will go back to normal for ICT supporters - given the current situation it may even go into a wee bit of a dive. It is at times like this that we need to cherish the good times but support rather than chastise. I would hope that our signing / loan situation has not come to a halt. If it does I also think that questions should be asked about the financial management and status of the club. Every time that we have gone into a slump in the last few seasons - usually in December - the doom merchant vultures circle the Longman. Me - I may well join the criticism if things are not turned round but that is 4-6 games away and is doable - and if it ain't fixed then I will get out the ceremonial knives.

• Agree 5

We're not bottom of the league.

We're above County in the table.

We didn't ship 4 goals like Killie and St Johnstone.

Our attendance was more than Hamilton's.

Owain Fon Williams and Mutombo.

• Agree 4
  • Disagree 1

There could be another positive, 

With all our injuries the other lads are going to be learning the ropes of Yogi's strategies in a more concentrated fashion and improving their play. The less favoured players also have an opportunity to push themselves harder in an effort to get themselves established in the Team.

I am sure J H  will be drumming this into them.

It certainly isn't going to be easy but as I have said before we are going to have to be patient and a lot more understanding of our circumstances over the next few games

• Agree 1

How about that even in the midst of an injury crisis we competed over 2 legs with a team which has decent European pedigree over the last few years - and in all honesty we could have won that tie.

We played a Motherwell team who had an awful season last year but in the end showed what they had to take a part a Rangers team, which knocked us out of a cup earlier in the year. Not considering Motherwell as a team who will be closer to previous year rather than last is highly dismissive.

So yes, not an ideal start to the season but not in any of the 3 games have we come close to putting out our strongest 11 due to injury........take 2 or 3, never mind the potential 9 we have now from any SPL team and they will struggle.

We finished last in the development league, how many youngsters do we have that are even close to SPL standard aport from those already in the squad?

The sad reality is none are ready, and I'm not sure if any of them are going to be able to make the step up.  it was a young development side last season though so this season will be a better chance to see what they've got.