FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Greg Tansey

DonInPeace

I see a statement has been released from ICT now, stating that Greg wanted to stay. If that is the case then it certainly explains a lot. I'm not at all convinced by that though, I'd be very angry at my own manager if he's lied about the whole " The player was eager to join us " spiel. I suppose at the end of the day, he's still an ICT player and that's literally all that matters now.

In any case, I am signing off for good this time, again, very best of luck for the rest of the season and hope you all have a good night, apart from you obviously IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER ;)

• Agree 3

not sure if I am putting 2+2 and making 5 but based on the various bits of info (rumour?) floating around perhaps its a case of the agent touting the player without his knowledge or agreement? That would fit the comments made up to now and does not then make McInnes or ICT liars ..... 

• Agree 1

The ICT statement doesn't really clear anything up, not that I was expecting it to, in fact it probably raises more questions than people had before. Bit of a shambles all round really.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

10 minutes ago, DonInPeace said:

I see a statement has been released from ICT now, stating that Greg wanted to stay. If that is the case then it certainly explains a lot. I'm not at all convinced by that though, I'd be very angry at my own manager if he's lied about the whole " The player was eager to join us " spiel. I suppose at the end of the day, he's still an ICT player and that's literally all that matters now.

In any case, I am signing off for good this time, again, very best of luck for the rest of the season and hope you all have a good night, apart from you obviously IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER ;)

Good luck tonight DonInPeace if you are going Pittodrie you might get the chance to meet IHE as he will no doubt be in amongst the away support singing his sectarian anthems

Sad thing is about this latest debacle is that's it's somewhat soured a very good relationship between both clubs and both sets of supporters 

Dougal

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/inverness-claim-midfielder-greg-tansey-7303948#LyF7qWUbABcM0V7I.97

http://www.ictfc.com/news/team-news/1717-fans-update-on-greg-tansey

Caley Thistle are pleased to announce that midfield player Greg Tansey will be available for Saturday’s William Hill Scottish Cup tie at Motherwell and beyond.

Aberdeen FC made their official approach to us on Saturday evening in relation to an offer for Greg Tansey. This was followed by a period of activity, culminating in their final offer on Monday afternoon.

This was an unwelcome and late approach for a very popular and influential player within the club.

However, after meeting with Greg following the final offer we were delighted to be assured by him that he is happy in Inverness and that he had elected to remain at Tulloch Caledonian Stadium and we thank Greg for his integrity, honesty and loyalty to the club.

The club then informed Aberdeen FC that their final offer had not been successful.

In the period after Aberdeen FC making official contact with us, we were of course determined to act in the best interest of Greg Tansey and our Club and we are confident that the outcome will be warmly received by our fans.

John Hughes is happy the transfer window has now closed, that he still has the services of Greg Tansey and has added a further two players to his squad.

21 minutes ago, Scotty said:

not sure if I am putting 2+2 and making 5 but based on the various bits of info (rumour?) floating around perhaps its a case of the agent touting the player without his knowledge or agreement? That would fit the comments made up to now and does not then make McInnes or ICT liars ..... 

Any club talking to an agent or a player who is signed by another club without the holding clubs permission means they are "tapping" which is illegal Macinnes owes ICTFC  an apology Aberdeen were in the wrong ! 

From the club statement, and the suggestion that Greg has parted company with his agent, it seems to me that things were happening without the players knowledge. McInnes is probably right in that he and Hughes were of the opinion that negotiations were progressing as they should. It also looks like someone at Aberdeen was given a heads up as to the trigger clause. To me it seems that Tansey was called in by chairman to discuss transfer and that he was shocked by dealings going on behind his back.

19 minutes ago, Alex MacLeod said:

From the club statement, and the suggestion that Greg has parted company with his agent, it seems to me that things were happening without the players knowledge. McInnes is probably right in that he and Hughes were of the opinion that negotiations were progressing as they should. It also looks like someone at Aberdeen was given a heads up as to the trigger clause. To me it seems that Tansey was called in by chairman to discuss transfer and that he was shocked by dealings going on behind his back.

Regardless Macinnes must have known he didn't have ICTFC permission to talk to anyone . Playing the daft laddie doesn't wash 

21 minutes ago, Scotty said:

No.  I don't buy it.  The statement says that Tansey "elected" to stay and thanked him for his "integrity, honesty and loyalty to the club".  When you think about it, this is very strange language to use.  If the agent acted without Tansey's knowledge then you can be sure that Tansey was made aware of what was going on as soon as anybody on this forum got wind.  If he didn't want a move to Aberdeen then he would have been on to his agent and the club in a flash and any "deal" would have been dead early in the day.

However, if the agent's approach to Aberdeen was an inappropriate approach, then when the club met Tansey later in the day to try and persuade him to stay, Tansey might have revealed information which made it clear that his agent had acted inappropriately. After all, if the club was aware of any inappropriate action on behalf of the agent then negotiations would have stalled at the initial offer.   Tansey might have told the club that his agent knew he would be interested in a move to Aberdeen if it meant more money but was not aware any approach was in any way inappropriate.  The club may well have told him that in the light of the inappropriate nature of the approach, a deal was not really on or they may simply have offered Tansey a bit more dosh to stay.  

My scenario fits the wording the club used in their statement.  It doesn't say that Tansey wants to stay, it says he elected to stay.  And if it was a question of his agent acting without his knowledge, why would the club statement make any reference to his integrity and honesty?  If he wanted to stay and his agent was playing silly beggars, what on earth would he have to be honest about!  And if he had been persuaded by his agent to go along with an approach which (perhaps without Tansey being aware) was against the rules, then part of the persuading him to stay may have been the very sound advice to get shot of the agent.

My take on this is that Tansey would like a move to a bigger club but was persuaded to stay on this occasion.  I would also think that Tansey may have seen his agent's activity as flying a kite to an extent and that he is actually perfectly happy to stay here for the time being.  Hopefully his form for the rest of the season will mean that any offers in the summer will be more substantial than Aberdeen's.

• Agree 1

To be fair to McInnes he might be a bit out the loop, he prob just told the directors he wants tansey. I doubt he would be involved with the negotiations, and maybe all he heard from the directors was about big bad ICT not letting the Dons talk to him, rather than Tansey wasnt interested. Sometimes the truth hurts and the directors didnt want to pass on the info. Just a theory for McInnes comments.

Mmmm not sure he wouldn't be interested Stirling O and while I respect how Mcinnes has improved aberdeen I wouldn't trust thim as far as i could throw him. Like it or not Aberdeen are one of the biggest clubs in Scotland there must be a buzz/attraction for a pro running out in front of circa  10k every home game.

So, another twist.  Tyrone Smith from STV has just tweeted a statement from Greg's agents.  They say that they have an excellent relationship with ICT and Greg is very happy here. They've also stated that they've never considered legal action v ICT.

Then the interesting bit - the statement also says that 3rd parties acting outside SFA and FIFA regulations are being looked at.

Reads as though a 3rd party tried to broker a deal without ICT's or Greg's agents knowledge.

• Agree 2

Hopefully the statement is an accurate reflection of the position and Greg did want to stay. Good to see he has been out and about today.

Aberdeen seen to have coped well without him tonight anyway.

We seem to be doing exactly what we criticise the press of doing...over speculating. Of course we were worried about losing tansy but imo the club statement clears it up and we should look forward to seeing him spraying balls round the park again! 

Like I said in a earlier post, nobody actually knew if tansey actually wanted to go and so far, this is the only real evidence that suggested he didn't. Yet again it's agents that are controlling transfers and I'll bet this one will end up wishing he kept quiet! 

I dont want to see either club fined or penalised for this, I'd rather Aberdee apologised, Caley accepted and the clubs move on with no bad blood before next weekends game. But only time will tell as to what comes next...

7 minutes ago, DEANO96 said:

We seem to be doing exactly what we criticise the press of doing...over speculating. Of course we were worried about losing tansy but imo the club statement clears it up and we should look forward to seeing him spraying balls round the park again! 

Like I said in a earlier post, nobody actually knew if tansey actually wanted to go and so far, this is the only real evidence that suggested he didn't. Yet again it's agents that are controlling transfers and I'll bet this one will end up wishing he kept quiet! 

I dont want to see either club fined or penalised for this, I'd rather Aberdee apologised, Caley accepted and the clubs move on with no bad blood before next weekends game. But only time will tell as to what comes next...

Clearly Aberdeen don't feel like they have anything they should be apologising for and reckon it should in fact it should be ICT saying sorry.

• Agree 1

I honestly don't think this has caused too much bad blood between the clubs or the fans. I for one hope the Dons go on to win every remaining league game of the season bar one (two if we make top six) and give us a real title race.

Can you imagine it, the Weegie press and two thirds of BBC Scotland would be close spontaneous combustion if at the end of the league season the big cup was in Inverness, the little cup in Dingwall and the league title in Aberdeen....

• Agree 1

Whilst we'd all love to believe that he'd rather be here than earning double and potentially challenging for the league title, I can't help thinking that ICT's statement is cleverly worded and somewhat economical with the truth.

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 1