FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Scotty's local

.... funnily enough, I actually visited the Bovine quite a few times before I moved here as the hotel i stayed in on my visits here was reasonably closeby. I havent been in there in about 2 years though.

Its a great place, very strange and eclectic, punk rock music some nights, country and western on other nights and some very strange but funny events are always being organised. Its definitely a 'cult' clientele and the owner told me he added 'sex club' to the name of the place when he bought it so he could draw a crowd .... it worked !!! Queen Street is a very strange place ... lots of 'hippy' like shops selling hemp products, bongs, and such like mixed in with swanky bars and outright dives.

One of the things i remember about the place is that it has hundreds of (empty) bottles of Jagermeister lining the walls .... if the owner buys you a drink its always a shot of Jagermeister. If you have never had it, it tastes like cough syrup except that it blows your head off !!!!

Daryl - the owner

[attach=1]

Busy Bar with all sorts of strange things hanging from the ceiling

[attach=2]

Daryl wearing one of my T-Shirts ... His surname is 'Fine' and my T-Shirt said 'really I'm Fine' with a picture of a dead (or drunk !!) cow (Bovine) on it .... appropriate for the place.  .... If you notice the t-shirt hanging behind him, you might recognise it in the next pic.

[attach=3]

Safe and sound back in Inverness after adventures in the Bovine

[attach=4]