FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

ICT V DUFC - matchday thread

Scotty

Darren Dods, Sportscene Man of the Match ..... quite good for someone who 'asked to be rested' according to another thread

Sounds like Grant Munro's sending off was harsh and that he got a standing ovation as he came off .... will be interesting to hear comments from those who were at the game

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That was the direst of dire games.

Still, we turned round the late goals thing. All those who left early...........whats the score whats the score

We desrved nothing and got three points, hey, can't be all bad then.

Rory...........sorry did not get off the ground literally, the only positive for us was our ability to go the full distance, lesson learned maybe :015: :015: :015:

No other positives, maybe Fraser did nothing wrong, so he is exempt.

Not sure if Grantie was off for clattering Robson too hard or the fact that if Robson had skipped over him he would have had a decent run towards the goal, albeit from the halfway line.

Too many misplaced passes today, Rory couln not hold anything up, Bayne was ploughing a lone furrow, aimlessly, Russel was giving the ball away expertly, Rankin.......did he play, he must have been in Roy's invisible position, Black booking and two rash early challenges apart was the only one with that bit of invention, Wilson, the old trooper got more into the game as it went on, and sneaked the goal at the death, defence stood firm mostly but passing out of defence was pitiful, Granties big day fizzled out, and Rossco was saving himself for his dinner tonight. Mike Fraser did what he had to do and tipped a couple round the post, Hastings caught out of position a few times and his passing was non exisatant, Dodsy, for a man going to play for the opposition he stood against them with conviction, but kicked the ball the way he was facing, usually into touch...........but three points are in the bag :003:

Not really in control Macca, they fizzed a fair few balls across the face of our goals, but they failed to capitalise on this and they paid the penalty for not punishing us when given clear scoring opportunities.

Guest kingkojak

sounded like a crappy game

but we just jumped up to 7th!   :021: :021:

leading the chase for top 6 now.  if we beat killie next week then we've got a great opportunity to make it.  

after next week the last 3 games for both us and killie are -

ICT v bairns, gers, pars

Killie v dons, well, jambos

the least we should expect from that lot is 6 points,  if we take anything from the gers then it will be a bonus

we just need hearts and aberdeen to beat killie......

Deffo lacking something at moment, perhaps its just the lack of Dargo/Wyness up front, feel sorry for Rory been chucked in the deep end and clearly is not quite ready for it, just think the team as a whole has not been able to take control of things lately.

But never the less that was a big win today....well done guys.

Anyone not at the game don't let the result fool you we were pish today  :008:

I think CC tried a different formation and for the first hour it just didn't work. Our players couldn't string 3 passes together and we just lumped the ball upfield usually to a United player.

It says a lot when your defenders are the best players and I was thinking that we'd be doing well to get a point through most of the game.

My patience with McAllister was just about run out. He was hopeless today. Don't think I've seen a less effective player since Darren Thompson. It was almost as if his jog round the pitch accidentally coincided with a game of football. Did he win anything in the air??

Will need to see Munro's red card on the TV but it looked liked quite a reckless challenge from where I was sitting. Some of his passing today was farcical as well it managed to even outshine Duncan's in its badness  :006:

Still 3 points stolen and lets be honest we couldn't play much worse if we tried!!

United will feel sick as the proverbial parrot - shame  :016:

Utter sharn of the most lacklustre kind.

Fraser had the best game I'vr seen from him yet, and was called into action several times, frequently in earnest. Sorry too that McAllister just isn't up to a start yet. We need the shoulder boys back, but other than him, anyone else.  Munro's sending off looked reasonable, but with Robson's simulations skills, it is hard to tell.

Top incident was watching Black run 20 yards to stamp on Wilkie's toes, three seconds after the ball had left. Not guts, not competitiveness, just lunacy. Do we have a sports psychologist?

Very luck to get the three, but as Charlie said, who in Scottish Football would say we werent worth a wee bit of luck.

I would say bring on the Killie, but we will need a lot more to be in with a top 6 chance.

ALSO PLEASE DO NOT FORGET TO VOTE IN THE PLAYER POLL> THIS HAS BEEN A PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT (VOTE FOR WILSON, OK?)

That was absolutely dire :007:

Other than Barry's goal there was nothing to get out of your seat for.

Blackie started off looking like he was determined to prove those of us thinking he'd 'learnt his lesson' wrong. He could've easily been booked for 3 or 4 different bad challenges in the first 20 minutes. I thought he was lucky not to get a red for his tackle on Wilkie, it was an awful challenge. But then for the last 20 minutes of the game he showed what a class player he can be, I thought he was excellent in that period. If he'd cut all the nonsense out he'd been a brilliant wee player.

Fraser was excellent as well, Barry was ok, Dods good, Hastings and Tokely ok. Other than that, the rest were crap.

Munro didn't deserve a red, no way. It was a cracking assault on Robson :015: Seeing as it was on the half way line there's no way Munro was the last player, and the tackle itself wasn't a straight red. Considering Kalvanes(??) had already been booked, and then blatantly pulled Wilson back, the ref was a bitinconsistent to say the least.

And for anyone who STILL says give Rory time........he is one of the worst players I've ever seen in an ICT shirt. Absolutely crap, and what anyone sees in him is beyond me. He'd be lucky to get a game for Clach if he wasn't with us.

Apparently Munro got sent off for foul and abusive language.

Thats what it said on sky sports ticker, but according to Charlie on the official site, the 4th official said it was because of the height of the challenge and that would make the sending off for "violent behaviour" and therefore "appealable".... CC has said he will review TV evidence before deciding whether to appeal the decision

i think everybody is in agreement that that was the worst performance of the season! i knew rory was useless but god almighty whoever told him he could play football should be shot! there are only two players i would say played well and that was Fraser (great save towards the end) and Markus. he was only on for 15mins but did more in that time that any of the others. shocking tactics yet again from CC especially when utd had corners, no one up the field for us at all. granties sending off looked harsh but will have to see it again to be sure, inconsistent refereeing again which frustrates me more and more but at last we got a break and got the 3 points but if they play like that again against any other team we will get gubbed no question!

The worst performance of the season would be either of the two games against Dunfermline.

That game was excellent today - what a great way to win it. Get thoroughly pumped for the 2nd half, destroy their best player and then score a smart little goal at the end. You could see how much it meant to Wilson - poor guy was shattered! Well done lads! Bring on Killie!  :001:

Guest Sangobeg Jaggie

Just got in from the game. Agree for sure Rory was completely single fish today. Is he Charlie`s secret love child like that lad on Aint half Hot Mum. Lovely Boy. Cant think of another reason that he`s on the pitch. He wasnt even impressive againt Stirling. More bothered about his hair ! Why not Morgan, Hart, Sutherland,???  Rory just does not have it. He might have it later but definately not yet.

That was a shocking game. Thought Dodds and Rosscoe played not too bad and Fraser did nothing wrong. Good save near the end.

To be honest they should have scored at least a couple, but they didna, so I`m happy.

One more thing. My young lad was one of the mascots today and he was treated superbly by the club.They couldnt do enough for the kids. Very very impressed and would thoroughly recommend it to anyone for their kids. Players were great.

:003:       

I think it was an 'off' day for the whole team, well done Barry for an impeccable finish when other players might have blasted it over the bar, what feckin joy as the ball hit the back of the net, reminded me of Rossco's against Pars.

Anyway as CC says we deserved a bit of a break.

Why does Rory get a start ? he really needs to get farmed out to Elgin or P/head for some experience for a season or two, it worked for Barry Robson.