Back to the stripes this season

CaleyTennis

39 minutes ago, Eagle4Caley said:

I remember dining out with my wife in restaurant and every male in the restaurant had a 'pink' T-shirt/Shirt on, one guy even had 'pink' shorts on...

A not unfamiliar scene in the Castle Street Restaurant after Village People broke the mould back in 79.  The hedonistic highlands was ahead of it's time 

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

21 hours ago, RiG said:

There is also a competition to win Sean Welsh's boots right at the bottom of the story.

I read it as a new pair of boots signed by Sean Welsh rather than an old pair of his boots. 

I see why it has split opinion, but not one I will be purchasing I’m afraid. 

As a cancer survivor, I would have no problem wearing the pink shirt, looks pretty decent to be honest and most sports over here have a pink shirt for various cancer causes.  The fact that some money is going to the hospice is also excellent as that is a good and deserving cause.  If I were to criticise, i would perhaps wonder if it should be a 3rd kit rather than 2nd ? The first and second kits should reflect the club, any other 'special' kits can be event, cause or charity specific. 

Over the course of a year MLS (and therefore all teams including TFC) have had a 'camo' strip for armed forces day, a 'pride' shirt, a pink shirt for various cancer causes and others I cant recall right now. These are worn across the league for one specific day. If you like it, you buy it, if not you move along ...

Edit : I knew I forgot one. This year its the 'unity' kit to promote 25 years of MLS. The kit is a retro style back to the similar kit designs worn by USA national team and other teams around the world 25 years ago. https://www.torontofc.ca/post/2020/02/06/toronto-fc-unveil-new-unity-kit-ahead-major-league-soccers-25th-season  // https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2020/02/05/2020-official-mls-jerseys

20 hours ago, Row S said:

I hear that Loch Ness FC have managed to sell over 800 of their new shirts with the Nessies on them. Selling that many of our new home shirts would be a major achievement.

You have got to give Loch Ness Fc or whoever is behind their marketing huge credit for shifting that amount of replica tops.

Our marketing flops could only dream of shifting that amount of tops in a year never mind a short few weeks just goes to show when actioned correctly an Inverness team can prosper.

I always laugh when the happy clappers demand our home team to be striped! It doesn’t matter one hoot what colour or design the top is, when the roots are damaged the old English oak won’t flourish.

This might sound radical to some but I’d promote the pink top as the Home Kit and change our name to Inverness FC or Inverness United these are radical times after all. 

Anyway I wish Loch Ness fc all the best when football returns. 

With the pyramid system now in place within the Scottish game it gives the likes of Clach, Loch Ness and Inverness Athletic the chance to progress up the leagues.

In my remaining years I wouldnt be surprised in the leafy if I see another Inverness team challenging in a senior set up.

Dougal

5 hours ago, dougal said:

With the pyramid system now in place within the Scottish game it gives the likes of Clach, Loch Ness and Inverness Athletic the chance to progress up the leagues.

In my remaining years I wouldnt be surprised in the leafy if I see another Inverness team challenging in a senior set up.

Dougal

Is there a relegation from the Highland league now? 

6 hours ago, ICTPAISLEY said:

Is there a relegation from the Highland league now? 

Think it's been proposed many a time, but I think the only issue with it is, Golspie Sutherland is the only one able to compete in the Scottish Cup out of all the NCFA as they're the only full member of the SFA, and resulting in an odd number of teams when put into the cup. But however many times it gets put forward, nobody makes any movements with it.

52 minutes ago, Jack Waddington said:

Think it's been proposed many a time, but I think the only issue with it is, Golspie Sutherland is the only one able to compete in the Scottish Cup out of all the NCFA as they're the only full member of the SFA, and resulting in an odd number of teams when put into the cup. But however many times it gets put forward, nobody makes any movements with it.

Yeah I thought so it’s just because Douglas said Loch Ness or Inverness Athletic could move up the leagues. 

Yup, there is a proposal for a tier 6 but regionalised I believe into two leagues (east and west). In discussions just now. It would include the north juniors and NCL. I presume the north-east junior sides with strong financial backing would be the immediate beneficiaries. However it gives ambitious clubs a good gateway. I do worry about a load of gretna cases though, a rich businessman/woman wants some publicity and a plaything for a few years. 

15 minutes ago, Stirling Observer said:

Yup, there is a proposal for a tier 6 but regionalised I believe into two leagues (east and west). In discussions just now. It would include the north juniors and NCL. I presume the north-east junior sides with strong financial backing would be the immediate beneficiaries. However it gives ambitious clubs a good gateway. I do worry about a load of gretna cases though, a rich businessman/woman wants some publicity and a plaything for a few years. 

If it happens it’s well over due. Down in the central belt it’s finally all coming together and I felt like the highlands were being left behind. They really need to get that automatic drop place in place so promising teams below can over take Fort William and co. 

Some issues.

Cup games aren't normally included in ST price.

No guarantee we will have technology in place.

No guarantee other clubs in our group would have technology in place. 

We will be using them as friendlies, lots of substitutions I presume (maybe unfair to charge people to watch essentially a fitness exercise (well for us)).

3 hours ago, Stirling Observer said:

Some issues.

No guarantee we will have technology in place.

No guarantee other clubs in our group would have technology in place. 

We will be using them as friendlies, lots of substitutions I presume (maybe unfair to charge people to watch essentially a fitness exercise (well for us)).

Would they not be included if they're behind closed doors, cos really, I don't really intend on paying extra if I'm not actually going to be there, especially if it ends up being an away draw to a big side who charges 30 something quid to get in, as they'd gladly charge the same prices for a stream of the behind closed doors game.

As for next season (as in 2021-22), judging if the SFA or whoever allows, I think keeping these channels up for season ticket holders would be a good idea for those who can't attend for whatever reason.

On 7/20/2020 at 9:06 PM, Stirling Observer said:

Some issues.

If we are able to stream something, why not offer a package to watch the league cup games online? A bit of money is better than nothing at the moment. 

• tm4tj unpinned this topic