FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

2023/24 Season Tickets

Robert

Hi,

Can the trust board please confirm how many season tickets have been sold this new season to date, what is the club’s expected target. If not currently available, what date will it be available. Also obtain from the club the season ticket numbers for the last 10 years.

Many thanks.

bc

Edited by big cherly

4 hours ago, STFU said:

So it's looking like walk up prices for adults in main stand will be around £25, or season tickets will be poor value for money.

I'd say so!! Any less than that and season ticket holders getting a raw deal indeed! 

On 7/17/2023 at 11:42 AM, big cherly said:

Hi,

Can the trust board please confirm how many season tickets have been sold this new season to date, what is the club’s expected target. If not currently available, what date will it be available. Also obtain from the club the season ticket numbers for the last 10 years.

Many thanks.

bc

Absolutely nil when it comes to communication . What exactly does one do for their wage at the club ? 

Hi,

Many thanks.

bc

Getting info from North Korea is easier than getting anything from ICT Board!!

• Agree 1
  • Funny 2

Hi,

Many thanks.

bc

If you mean the Supporters Trust board then they won't have any more info than the general public. Try contacting the club yourself and see what you get back. 

Maybe contact the SLO? 👀

Best of luck 🤣

• Well Said 2
  • Funny 1

I understood from recent posters Fraz, the Supporters Trust held 10% voting rights, and referring to Cattach 28th June, was insisting the trust board is held in a higher position and representation than the common fan. (ie, they would act on these fans behalf)! 
I stand to be corrected if I am wrong with the above, however in the event I am right, I consider my request for season ticket status was a simple and valid question the ST board would welcome and take to the club with a view of issuing a clear unambiguous answer!
What is their purpose otherwise if they cannot or address with their common fans enquiries. Or is it a case that only certain questions can be accepted? 

Clarity would help me understand better! 

bc

Edited by big cherly

33 minutes ago, big cherly said:

I understood from recent posters Fraz, the Supporters Trust held 10% voting rights, and referring to Cattach 28th June, was insisting the trust board is held higher position and representation than the common fan. (ie, they would act on these fans behalf)! 
I stand to be corrected if I am wrong with the above, however in the event I am right, I consider my request for season ticket status was a simple and valid question the ST board would welcome and take to the club with a view of issuing a clear unambiguous answer!
What is their purpose otherwise if they cannot or address with their common fans enquiries. Or is it a case that only certain questions can be accepted? 

Clarity would help me understand better! 

bc

OK yes the Trust do hold 10% on behalf of the fans. I understand the Trust do have occasional meetings with the club. Either the CEO or SLO. If the club do not care to disclose business matters then I'm not sure how any group can make them? 

I'm a member of ST not a board member so that's how I see it personally. If you are a member maybe you should email the ST personally and request they ask your question? 

I hope that clarifies? 

2 hours ago, big cherly said:

I consider my request for season ticket status was a simple and valid question

I think that the number of season tickets sold, both for this season and for the past 10 years, as you requested, would be regarded by the club as sensitive commercial information.

I would be most surprised if you received an informative response!

The club has never been in the habit of releasing that information, but I don't see any reason why it should be seen as commercially sensitive.  Other clubs release this information.  County have recently revealed their sales were sitting at around 1700 which, they said, is 23.5% above the figure for last year.  If County can release their figures, why can't ICT?  I would have thought the benefits of just being open and honest about these things far outweighs any possible element of commercial sensitivity.

Copied from the statement issued by the CEO in June:

our season tickets for next season will go on sale tomorrow at 10am and we hope we can at least match this season’s tremendous effort which was actually higher than the number sold in our last season in the Premiership.

6 hours ago, old caley girl said:

OK yes the Trust do hold 10% on behalf of the fans. I understand the Trust do have occasional meetings with the club. Either the CEO or SLO. If the club do not care to disclose business matters then I'm not sure how any group can make them? 

I'm a member of ST not a board member so that's how I see it personally. If you are a member maybe you should email the ST personally and request they ask your question? 

I hope that clarifies? 

Thank you OCG for your response as you understand things. I’m not a Supporter Trust member, just a simple supporter of the team. 

I’m still unclear what the Trust Board actually stand for in how a question like mine, (of relevant interest to us all I would hope), is taken up and addressed by the Trust Board.
If as you say the TB has occasional meetings with the club officials, is there timetable for the these meetings or is it randomly held?

I would be concerned if the club would consider withholding details like season ticket numbers sold, as it would (I suspect) be of interest to just about any season ticket holder or the fans in general.

Why, well a number of reasons,

Firstly, connection with the fans. The season ticket sales represent (for me at least), a sign of the general health of the club.
Absence of such details weakens, I believe, the connection and bond between the club and fans, where as DD mentions, just about every other club is proud to promote and release there ST figures.

Secondly, Anyone with any interest in the club know our average attendance is just over a couple of thousand. If their is financial sensitivity on the season tickets then given what I say above (other clubs release ST No’s), this may raise greater concern and focus from fans, vendors and potential investors that there is a risk the club is in a vulnerable position (yes, I take in the cup run). Releasing the ST numbers would dismiss this uncertainty.

Lastly, it raises for me the question ‘what does supporters trust board actually stand for’. I don’t mean that disrespectfully, but I assume some of the Trust Board members look at the forum comments as well as taking in Supporters trust members emails. Like graffiti on a wall, some of the more salient and meaningful suggestions and comments (good and bad), that could help the club forward come from such sources. - The absence or lack of Supporters Trust Board interaction or feedback with the forum is a lost opportunity for me.

Anyway, I personally feel the club has more to gain than loose by issuing the number of Season Tickets sold.

Just my tuppence worth and final comment on the matter.

common fan bc

Edited by big cherly

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sure the club will enact the 'crowd wanking' approach regardless. Every match will have figures including all ST plus walk up and any corporate so the real figures for each will never be transparent........no different to most other Scottish clubs these days

Edited by bdu98196

I doubt we sell many, if any, at full price given the loyalty and early bird prices. Anyone who has not bought one now is best to wait and get a half season ticket at Christmas whilst paying per match until then.

I’m happy at the £18 I’m effectively paying per match for my seat.

35 minutes ago, Robert said:

I doubt we sell many, if any, at full price given the loyalty and early bird prices. Anyone who has not bought one now is best to wait and get a half season ticket at Christmas whilst paying per match until then.

I’m happy at the £18 I’m effectively paying per match for my seat.

Only value for money though if you can attend every game? I struggle for Tuesday games so doesn't exactly work out good value for me 

30 minutes ago, old caley girl said:

Only value for money though if you can attend every game? I struggle for Tuesday games so doesn't exactly work out good value for me 

I used to struggle for midweek games in my last job but decided to retain a ST as I had my own seat and knew those round about me.

When things go to plan we’ve only one midweek home game, so it still works out as cheaper, but if we get a raft of postponements or games rescheduled due to cup games it does become more of an issue.

At least the pitch is less prone to being waterlogged than it was a few years ago!

I think it comes down to the club needing to recognise that each fan has different circumstances so the more flexibility made available the better their chances of attracting and retaining fans.

• Agree 1
  • Well Said 1

On 7/24/2023 at 1:39 PM, big cherly said:

Thank you OCG for your response as you understand things. I’m not a Supporter Trust member, just a simple supporter of the team. 

I’m still unclear what the Trust Board actually stand for in how a question like mine, (of relevant interest to us all I would hope), is taken up and addressed by the Trust Board.
If as you say the TB has occasional meetings with the club officials, is there timetable for the these meetings or is it randomly held?

I would be concerned if the club would consider withholding details like season ticket numbers sold, as it would (I suspect) be of interest to just about any season ticket holder or the fans in general.

Why, well a number of reasons,

Firstly, connection with the fans. The season ticket sales represent (for me at least), a sign of the general health of the club.
Absence of such details weakens, I believe, the connection and bond between the club and fans, where as DD mentions, just about every other club is proud to promote and release there ST figures.

Secondly, Anyone with any interest in the club know our average attendance is just over a couple of thousand. If their is financial sensitivity on the season tickets then given what I say above (other clubs release ST No’s), this may raise greater concern and focus from fans, vendors and potential investors that there is a risk the club is in a vulnerable position (yes, I take in the cup run). Releasing the ST numbers would dismiss this uncertainty.

Lastly, it raises for me the question ‘what does supporters trust board actually stand for’. I don’t mean that disrespectfully, but I assume some of the Trust Board members look at the forum comments as well as taking in Supporters trust members emails. Like graffiti on a wall, some of the more salient and meaningful suggestions and comments (good and bad), that could help the club forward come from such sources. - The absence or lack of Supporters Trust Board interaction or feedback with the forum is a lost opportunity for me.

Anyway, I personally feel the club has more to gain than loose by issuing the number of Season Tickets sold.

Just my tuppence worth and final comment on the matter.

common fan bc

Myself and some other members of the Suppoertrs Trust Board will be in the Sports Bar pre match tomorrow.  Why not pop in for a chat where we will be happy to answer your questions. 

• Like 1

• 4 months later...