Accies Away Play-off 1st leg

2 minutes ago, forresjags said:

Cannot afford McKay to be playing 2 yard sideways passes. 

No idea why he has dropped so deep been doing it for weeks and it's so f***ing frustrating.

He’s pretty much been a midfielder recently but presumably he is doing what he is instructed to do by the manager.

• Agree 3

2 hours ago, hislopsoffsideagain said:

The potential consequences of losing don't bear thinking about. I don't see us bouncing back quickly like Dunfermline or Partick did after recent relegations, and I can't see us surviving several years in League One like Falkirk have.

That I'm afraid, is the reality.

2 goals down at half-time, and with our scoring record a reversal would be nothing short of miraculous.

But I don't think it's that bad.

Perhaps a chance to regroup, purge and hopefully bring our own youth players into the squad and let them grow and thrive.

I'd rather see a team primarily of Highlanders representing my town and pushing for promotion, no matter how long it takes!

• Agree 2

We can't score, end of, so I have no faith that we can turn it round and that pains me to say it.

I had no confidence before kick off and even less now.

We can't cope with their fast pace, high tempo, high press style of play and seeing the pitch being watered (even though its 4G or whatever you call it) tells me that Hamilton will continue in the same way. 

Individual errors, trying to play a style that we just can't play. Referee has also been questionable and both sides could have had a penalty.

Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, bdu98196 said:

While I get peoples dislike for SG being at the club (and I am no fanboy either), statements like this keep being made. However, nobody ever substantiates it with the costs involved or define the club performance metrics set out by the board and whether he has delivered or otherwise (and if this is considered to represent value).

It would also be interesting for fans to state what their expectations for SG performance would be?

I'd expect concerts to make money and not rip off local businesses. I'd expect not to give contract extensions to crap managers then replace them 6 games later with another incompetent manager with an name just to boost his ego. I'd expect not treating fan groups with utter contempt. I'd expect not launching BS roof building schemes then taking money and quietly cancelling it. I'd expect not bringing us to the brink of part time football, relegation or worse. 

I wouldn't be surprised if he has no KPIs at all. I think Morrison just employed him and let him do whatever he wants. 

Edited by Fraz
  • Well Said 3

11 minutes ago, forresjags said:

No idea why he has dropped so deep been doing it for weeks and it's so f***ing frustrating.

Ferguson in the P&J this week saying that's where he's being played so Billy is doing as he's instructed.

Screenshot_20240515-211640.thumb.png.980136dfa518401c996ea58185fc79e2.png

We are second to every ball.We don't seem to know what the plan is.Playing Billy so deep has not worked in any games.

We look rattled and shell shocked.We need a goal and keep them at no more than two to have any chance on Saturday of pulling off a miracle.

2 minutes ago, Yngwie said:

Would you settle for 2-0 tonight? Gives us a chance at least in the 2nd leg, if we can get our act together.

At this point yes I probably would. Even 1 goal this half would be a huge bonus.

Were our fans chanting “you don’t know what you’re doing” at Ferguson because he was bringing Pepple on for Samuel? It was a change that was needed, Samuel offered nothing tonight, and has paid dividends instantly.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Yngwie said:

Were our fans chanting “you don’t know what you’re doing” at Ferguson because he was bringing Pepple on for Samuel? It was a change that was needed, Samuel offered nothing tonight, and has paid dividends instantly.

The commentators said Pepple went to the away fans to wind them up as they were making those chants.

We need to learn from this for Saturday. The subs have made the difference. 

Edited by Robert
  • Thoughtful 1

We need to approach Saturday the way we’ve played the second half. Hamilton are nothing special and are there for the taking. We can’t show them any respect.

• Agree 3

19 minutes ago, STFU said:

Chants were at Ferguson and I read it more as being for taking Samuel off than Pepple on.

Longstaff should have been the one hooked.

Fair enough. I just went with what was said on TV as to why Pepple reacted as he did.

I said a few weeks ago that Pepple deserved a start as he roughs defences up. 

Not ideal being a goal down, reckon a draw would have been fair. Longstaff tries too hard to get the ball to his right side and everytime got crowded off the ball, Lawson should start ahead of him on Saturday. I'd also start Pepple with Samuel up front and drop Billy to the bench

• Agree 1

Much better second half and players that finished the game should be our starting 11 on Saturday,ie without Duffy Longstaff and Co.Billy needs to play in a normal number 9 position.

Well done for fightback.What a difference Lawal and Pebble made.

We need to know what we have to do on Saturday and that is play better than first half and more like second half.

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, forresjags said:

He’s doing what he’s been told to do.