FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

POLL: What do you think of the new shirt?

Guest TinCanFan

What do you think of the new shirt?  

164 members have voted

1. 1.

• It's Great
    • It's OK
    • It's just as good as last season
    • It's not as good as last season
    • It's Terrible

It appears to be the same as last season with the exception of the new sponsor ... so its still great.

Dont think anyone got "ripped off" considering ICT are one of VERY few teams who dont change both strips every year or issue a 3rd or even 4th kit. The design of each kit changes every two years but the addition of a new sponsor is a commercial issue .... would you rather turn down 500K ???

I still have and wear ICT tops that have Citylink, Scotrail, Sharp and OneTouch - far from being a rip-off, these "old" tops serve to show that I have been an ICT supporter for a long time (and still fitting into a top I bought more than 10 years ago is also very satisfying ;)) !!!

Maybe ICT could produce iron-on sponsor logos for those who want to cover One Touch with FlyBe in the same way that they did when the Scotrail/Citylink change was made although personally I think that would look pretty naff !!!

Don't like the red stripe across, doesn't look like a proper stripey top any more, looks like a red top with some blue shapes on it. Maybe they should have gone for all the stripes running across, just to be different.

I'm sure I'll get used to it, but I will not be buying one.

Does anyone know what impact this will have on the appearance of the limited edition away tops?

Guest cozmo

Looks like I've shelved out £100 for an out of date shirt or at best a similar shirt but not what was advertised. Not Impressed.

Guest TinCanFan

Looks like I've shelved out £100 for an out of date shirt or at best a similar shirt but not what was advertised. Not Impressed.

Unless they just send you the same black shirt but with Flybe written on the front.

If you shelled out £100 for a home kit then yes you have been ripped off especially if you ordered it yesterday after the new kit [or perhaps we should say old kit with new sponsor] was officially released !!! The away kit (black) hasnt been released yet so I am sure that the commemorative versions for those who did pay £100 will be bang up to date.

Guest cozmo

just a wee bit of clarity is all I am asking for ,Its not that many weeks ago the promotion girls were out in the shopping centre trying to punt the shirts (at this time the deal was sure to be done) It would have been a bit more honest to say they were going to have an other sponsor and design.

It would have been a bit more honest to say they were going to have an other sponsor and design.

Its not been much of a secret - the Courier or HN mentioned something about asking the question about sponsorship 2 months ago ! We even mentioned it on here in the middle of MAY. Until the launch, the new kit is not available so I see nothing wrong with selling what is essentially the "current" kit

FFS - the kit is exactly the same with the exception of the sponsor's badge, I really cant see why a few folk are getting all hot and bothered about it ..... if you are so pissed off about it, why not email the club and ask them to produce a few iron-on stickers for those who think they have been ripped off.

As far as I am aware there is only 1 of the new away shirts in public hands with the old sponsor logo on and that is the one which was auctioned at the Supporters Trust bowling evening and was signed by all the players.  Had I thought about it at the time I would likely have went higher on my bidding as the strip will be fairly unique in that sense and nobody else is likely to have the new away strip with the old sponsor.

The new strips (normal and Ltd Edition) will have the new sponsor on so I fail to see where the issue is, surely you don't expect/want to get the new strip with the old sponsor???