FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

TV via t'internet...

Canada Bob

If you're interested in TV via the internet  take a look at...

http://www.joost.com

Lots of {free} stations from around the world, soccer even, well worth checking out.

Joost is by invite only right now, but you should be able to download the software and get on line, no fee's or anything, and full screen stuff too, way better in definition than TVANTS etc.

Canada Bob.

I think you might need this e-mailed invite that Joost send out to download and log on to their system.

Check this out - it's called Joost and it's a new way to watch TV on your computer.  Here's an invitation for you.

Joost has all the things you love about TV, with some of the internet's best interactive features.

It's free and easy to download. Get it at:

https://www.joost.com/download/CZoxLpOB.pAV...sBGCPdm2Aw.html

After downloading Joost, you'll be asked to log in using your Joost Name, or to create a new one.

Canada Bob.

Looks set to pave the way for a new breed of online broadcaster.  I wouldn't expect to see any "big" football matches, movies or the like any time soon, but it looks like these guys are striking up some great partnerships with some big names in the media industry.

The potential of these things can often be spotted by looking at the people behind it, and those backing it.  Since this is being brought to us by the founders of Skype and Kazza - two of the biggest names in P2P technology/software - then I think it's set to stay and grow.  With Kazza having cleaned up their image a bit in the last couple of years and having lost the tag for being one of those sneaky companies who bundled spy/adware in their software I don't think people will have anything to worry about on that front.

They seem to be rolling out the product in much the same was as Google rolled out GMail.  They are now through the testing stage and existing users can invite other people to sign up instead of just having an open free for all.

Good find Bob - thanks for the info.

for 'soccer' in North America, Setanta seem to have linked up with iTVN [http://www.itvn.com] to offer broadband access to some of their games for a monthly subscription .... It's a little progress perhaps, but I have heard horror stories about people in Canada ordering the receivers from the states and being hit with huge import taxes or delivery problems .... not to mention the unverified signal quality. no supplier this side of the border yet for me to try it !

ok - lets just refresh people's knowledge here as it has been a while. It is NOT ALLOWED to post links to sites that have live coverage of SPL games in violation of copyright and these will be removed.

Joost - appears to be a legal service that is offering channels with their consent so thats ok

iTVN - is a subscription based partner of Setanta for broadcasting via IPTV in the US so thats also ok

HOWEVER: sites offering links to "asian networks" are invariably breaking copyright and we do not allow links to them to be posted here. we will delete these links from postings and persistent offenders may end up having posts moderated or in extreme cases banned.