FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Rory Mcallister

dumpmaster

I would just like to do a wee poll to find out who thinks the lad has what it takes to become a top striker, or do you feel he would be better of elsewhere for a season on loan, or maybe even trying him out in a totally different position?

Please be constructive with your comments and not go down the name calling road.

:024:

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's not good enough, simple as that.

People can keep saying 'he's young, he scores loads in the reserves' etc etc, but that's not enough. He's into his 3rd SPL season now, and other than one reasonable game against Celtic, he hasn't improved one bit. He has no strength, no control, no awareness, no heading ability, no pace, and watching him today...he's no idea how to judge a balls flight either.

I wouldn't loan him out, I'd get rid of him to anyone that'll have him. We've just loaned out a very promising youngster(Wood), but sorry CC, you let the wrong one go.

I knew we'd lose as soon as I heard Rory's name mentioned on RS on the pre-match report. I despair why he keeps getting chance after chance.

Quite simple really, he's gash....let's admit it, and move on.

He should have his contract terminated or be shipped out on loan because he is nowhere near SPL class. It gets me mad when a good young player like Zander Sutherland who plays great football when given his chance yet he is kept on the bench while rory gets chance after chance and every time he blows it.

Never mind a petition to help Niculae start one to get rid of rory.

He's pish. Git rid! Garry Wood is surely deserved of a place in the squad ahead of him. Wyness doesn't look much better.  :029:

I concur. Wyness deserves a chance though - with the right strike partner he'll do well (i hope).

Wyness doesn't look much better.  :029:

Wyness was pish most of last season too. He's just too slow IMO.

I suspect his 'legendary' status makes him immune to some fans criticising him though.

In fairness to him, I thought he had some nice touches today.....just a shame about his partner up front.

Perhaps loan him out for 6 months or a year and see how he does in one of the lower divisions. If he does well then bring him back, if not... well...

If his problem is one of confidence then I sure as **** hope he doesn't visit in here (same goes for quite a lot of other players tbh).

Well I hope Rory doesn't or else his head will go right down after reading this.  Rather than saying "just get rid of him", give him the chance to go out on loan.  He's obviously got something, we just haven't seen it yet.  And by the way, he can head the ball...  he scored with his head against Motherwell last season.  Barry has only scored once with his head his whole career (I might be wrong about that though).

I have watched rory over the last couple of seasons and he is far from spl standard. He is that bad i felt even i could have done better than him today and i have not kicked a ball for years. I have seen no fight whatsoever about his game. You need to fight for the ball and want it but rory just does not do that. It worrys me when i see his name on the team sheet or even on the bench for that matter. The most worrying thing is most fans can see rory is not doing a job for us but our own manager cant. I am one of the people who does not rate Charlie Christie and i think this is the season that will prove me right. Overall i am worrying about this season and i would be surprised if we finish in the top 10 this season.

he's made 47 appearances ok about half will be from the bench but he has only managed to score 3 goals.and 1 was v dumbarton.so why is he still here?fair enough if he was fast,strong,a good target man,links up the play or anything that a striker should  be capable but he is none of them and he most certainly isnt a goalscorer.

christie is just being to nice.just like keeping wilson in the starting XI

Rory started off looking much more keen today, he definitely (by his standards) tried alot harder.

Sorry Charlie, but it's time to get rid.  Whatever you saw in the lad, he's had more than enough chances to

show to the rest of us.  When I saw he was starting my heart sank.  Surely this isn't the best we can

come up with!

Get rid....NOW!

Well I hope Rory doesn't or else his head will go right down after reading this.  Rather than saying "just get rid of him", give him the chance to go out on loan.  He's obviously got something, we just haven't seen it yet.  And by the way, he can head the ball...  he scored with his head against Motherwell last season.  Barry has only scored once with his head his whole career (I might be wrong about that though).

1 header in 3 years isn't much to shout about(and if I remember rightly, I'd have probably scored that one too!)!! And how long should we wait to see 'that something' that I constantly keep hearing he's got?

If he does come on here.....good. He might realise that the people who spend a lot of money watching his half arsed attempts every game aren't happy about it.

I wouldn't mind if he at least put himself about a bit, he's not exactly small after all. He doesn't though. Of all those long balls today he must've won one or two at most in the air, the rest he got nowhere near. He just doesn't put the effort in, and constantly looks knackered.

I've NEVER heard anyone say 'Great, Rory's starting today'......or even 'Get Rory on Charlie!  If CC keeps persisting with him, then I really do worry about his managerial judgement.

I have to add that when Rory scored at Motherwell it was the 4th goal and they were already beaten. I would say loan though. The poor fecker must have zero confidence right now.

As for Wyness, he's just getting over a serious injury. What about the spell around the new year when he was on fire? Granted, he was playing with Dargo at the time. He needs an intelligent strike partner.

Today was not Rory's fault and he was no worse than usual.

But other than that I cannot muster any effort to defend him, having been pointing out for over 2 years that he just doesn't have what it takes and will end up in the Highland League.

I remember a home game against Celtic last season where Rory made a bloody good case for him having what it takes at this level. What he seems to lack is physical courage; Graham isn't the most skilful player in the world but by god does he battle and put it about. Forget a loan spell, send him to Fort George for a month.

He's got the potential but needs to start producing.... he looked out his depth today but to be fair Wyness didn't do much better.  I think a season loan at our neighbours across the bridge could be beneficial but we need to start encouraging younger players not slating them.

The youngsters get plenty of encouragement.....Zander, Wood, Vigurs, Kerr all got high praise for good pre-seasons, and I certainly wouldn't have any objection to seeing any of them in the matchday squad.

Rory has had enough chances in the first team, and all the encouragement in the world isn't going to improve him.

Best example I can use is Bayne, his contribution to the team has only been recognised and appreciated over the last 2 seasons... being a targetman is a thankless task and Rory has years to give the club if he can just get his game in order with some regular first team football.  I think everyone has seen flashes of what he can do but he needs to get the oppertunity to perform on a regular basis

In fairness McAllister got his share of encouragement to start with aswell.  Many of us had seen him play in the reserves and were calling for him to be given a chance in the first team.  He's had that chance and, for whatever reason, it just isn't coming together for him.

This is the SPL, no room for wrapping players up in cotton wool.  Rory has had his chance IMO, and for the best part of last season playing him was doing more harm than good.  I think he could be succesful at a lower level, but if we drag things on with him for much longer then it's only going to kill his confidence totally and he may having nothing left to take elsewhere.

Maybe too much was asked of him too soon and he needs to take a step back in order for him to make progress in the long run.

Whatever way you look at it, playing him every week is not the answer.

I have never been a fan or Rory McAllister.  He shows so much potential but at the same time so many faults.  IMHO what he needs is six months training with the marines to toughen him up.  If only he could jumpfor the ball; if only he could time a jump; if only he could tackle; if only he could take a tackle; if only he could get straight back up again and get stuck in; if only..................

Please Charlie, give the boy a chance by getting shot of him!