FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

The Long Throw

davieB

Other than Dargo scoring against Celtic, very early on in a match, after a long throw, and a Brew flick on, I can't think of any other goals that have come from this tactic. Anyone else think of any?

That seemed to be our only tactic on Saturday.....a tactic teams are now wise too. A bit of variation wouldn't go amiss!

It was a waste of feckin time on saturday with Rory(cannajump) and Wyness up front.. almost every throw was cleared without any danger at all.

shows a lack of ideas ala long punt up the pitch.

I can only hope that one day we have the tactical prowess to feign a long throw, play it short and get someone to provide a cross ball into the six yard area. Or is that asking fer too much?   :017:

Probably....  :024:

Its good that we have a player like munro that can throw the ball long as it gives an extra option but we use it to often and it needs to be played short and crossed in most of the time. The long throw is good every so often

Its good that we have a player like munro that can throw the ball long as it gives an extra option but we use it to often and it needs to be played short and crossed in most of the time. The long throw is good every so often

I could be wrong, but I think that was the gist of IHE's contribution...... :rolleyes02: