FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Past Strips

TheKarl

I was just wondering, unless there allready os somewhere, some form of topic that collects Caley strips from past and present, because, I see alot of teams have a history of there kit's but would be nice to see one for Inverness.

Sparked the idea after my mate was wearing a 1998? Challenge Cup top and wondered what exactly they were like back in the days before the merger aswell. :021:

Cracking site.

Appropriate to see that in terms of travel company sponsors, ICT have moved up from catching the citilink bus to the scotrail train and now to the flybe plane.

Also amused to see that Thistle played in blue & white at one time - there'll be a few spluttered cups of tea in Kingsmills when they see that one. :015:

I gathered there might have been a website hidden somewhere with all this on it, Awesome finds though.

Im planning to re-create them in my spare time, on photoshop in the same way I do so for 'football manager 07' I love to design so, to others it may seem rediculous but yeah, Once I do it, we can host our on exhibition on the site, without having to risk using copywrited images or such =]

Unless we use the ones from the 'Historical Football Kits - ICTFC' page that TTB posted, either way, would be a good addicition to the site.  :022:

Maybe even the officiall site should do it, and update squad history while there at it  :001:

TBB - that link is pretty good !

I agree. Someone has done a very goos job of condensing the while thing. Just perhaps a couple of quibbles I might have. It says that the SFL application was lodged "after" acrimonious warngling,. i could equally argue that this should be "in advance of"!

There is also a sort of implication that Telford Street became the new stadium but all in all that is very good indeed, given the extent and complexity of the subject matter.

In fact was the strip with the very narrow stripes not what they had in the early 90s up to the end, with the last broad black and red stripes immediately preceding that?

I remember going to the launch of a Thistle strip in the Haughdale just before the merger and that might have been the narrow black and red one. I have a particular memory that lunch was outstanding but I also recollect a green away strip seeing the light of day on that occasion. That, I believe, might have been Jags' very last away strip and I'll tell you why. I'm sure that was what Mark Mitchell (ultimate Jags Rebel) was wearing on Cup Final afternoon in May 1994 when Brewster scored the only goal of the game for DU v Rangers and the Wickers were demolishing the Jags enclosure and loading it up on a lorry. I was doing interviews about this when a tearful Mark Mitchell, wearing that green away top, came up, wished Academy all the best in their new career in the Highland League, and disappeared along Kingsmills Road.

Im planning to re-create them in my spare time, on photoshop in the same way I do so for 'football manager 07' I love to design so, to others it may seem rediculous but yeah, Once I do it, we can host our on exhibition on the site, without having to risk using copywrited images or such

If you can create something similar to the strip icons we use for the next game / last game (but bigger) then that would be awesome. This is what we wanted to do for a while but havent got round to as yet.

Maybe even the officiall site should do it, and update squad history while there at it  :001:
We are currently working on our stats program and hopefully, we will eventually have a profile of all 130 players to have pulled on an ICT (or CT) shirt as well as the reports from every game. we are a bit behind on this so if anyone wants to help by writing profiles of players from our squad pages, let us know.

Aw well, I have pretty much every SPL shirt to hand, as of a database I downloaded from a fanbased Football Manager Resource site, all Ide have to do is get permission from the creator to use them in the site, and wed'e be sorted, because, there already made 200 x 200 pixels, and can be reduced.

The 1999 - 2000 kit was horrible

Think you might find a few people disagreeing with you on that one simply because it is our most 'historic' top ..... worn against Celtic in 'that' game in 2000 and hastily used as a replacement top again in 2002 when we knocked out Hearts at Tynecastle.

[attach=1]

post-2-1189373091.jpg

Guest WiganJag

The 1999 - 2000 kit was horrible

Think you might find a few people disagreeing with you on that one simply because it is our most 'historic' top ..... worn against Celtic in 'that' game in 2000 and hastily used as a replacement top again in 2002 when we knocked out Hearts at Tynecastle.

[attach=1]

It also contributed to the greatest ever sporting headline, but the fact remains it was still f****** horrible.

I actually quite like it ..... but each to their own.

If I were to pick the ones I like least (as I dont dislike any of them per say) it would be these two

200203-home.jpg

199596-home.jpg

and my favourites would probably be this year's strips - home and away.

This years strip is the bizz. Its so vibrant. Its the clothing equivalent of valium. I agree wi Scottys second pic above.......thats my leasy fave strip along wi the mutant Orange away one (where did that idea come from?) the Colours used in the second strip were odd choices of blue and red.