FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Motherwell Game

RiG

It seem then that this game is going to be on. The pitch seems to be okay despite the recent bad weather. Only an overnight frost will put paid to this game surely I would have thought.

Hopefully Black will be back but if not we have able deputies to come in - maybe not the same standard however. Would definately like to see Morgan come in as I think we need to attack more as this really is an important game for us. With Aberdeen surely unlikely to pick up points against Celtic then it would be nice to think we can open up a bit of space between us and them in the race for this magical 6th spot.

Brown

Tokley Dods Munro Hastings

Hart Duncan Black Morgan

Wyness Dargo

I think we can sneak this one 2 - 1 but we will need to be a lot tighter at the back to prevent Well from scoring but the good thing is at least we look scoring in most of our games 8)

According to the P & J - Barry Wilson is the only one out, so that means Roy must be fit again. Also looks like Barry will be back earlier than expected, hopefully for next week.

I'm not going now, its still snowing here and I couldn't be sure of getting home afterwards. I'm surprised the match's still on!

Weather is okay with us at the moment. As long as we have no more snow it should be fine. It's not even that cold and it's nice and bright. But then again it's always freezing at the stadium. Half of my family have already left for the Innes, I'll be joining them in a bit.

My general summary of the game...

We kicked off. Proctor suffered a dislocated shoulder. The referee blew for half time. The second half kicked off. Motherwell got a dodgy penalty (from where I was) but Foran put it away excellently. They then had what appeared to be a stonewaller turned down. We had a very weak appeal turned down when Hart ran into a Well player - I would expect claiming obstructuion. The game finished. Our 'fans' booed the team :roll:

Given the events of the last couple of games against United and Killie where there was lots to talk about this really was a poor game where very little of interest happened :(

Well will now, along with Aberdeen, feel very confident of overhauling us for the top 6 spot considering our next 2 games are against Hearts and then Celtic :(

P & J today says that Proctor will probably miss the rest of the season. As suspected he has dislocated his shoulder and has a suspected fractured wrist.

He is a promising young player and we could have been doing with him to cover for Barry until he regains fitness. How the Motherwell player didn't get a card for what was a malicious challenge I'll never know.

I might even send and e-mail to the SFA regarding a couple of clearly biased decisions and the attitude of the referee towards Dargo (I think) when he challenged a decision. Shocking performance.

With Tokley slightly off form just now we could have done with havng Proctor available in case Charlie wanted to change things about. IIRC Paratt is injured as well isn't he? A couple of injuries does leave us with a bit of a makeshift midfield at times.

I have now seen the actualy penalty award and cannot believe it was given. First off, if it was a foul - and that is debatable - then it took place outside the box therefore no penalty. However most crucial of all was that there appeared to be virtually no contact whatsoever between the two players. I cannot therefore understand the numpty in the Sunday Mail who claimed Conroy got the decision spot on. What a muppet! :roll:

Suppose I'll have to tolerate scotsport to see what they have to say. I e-mailed them and asked them to have a look at the challenge on Proctor, but I don't suppose they will. How can the guy have a dislocated shoulder and a fractured wrist, if he just bumped into him by accident. :evil:

I see now that Proctor is out for a month. Seems our squad is getting stretched a wee bittie now at a time where we really could do with having players like Wilson and Black on the top of their game. Just got to battle on though and see what we can do.

Barry Wilson is due back in training on Monday. He looked okay last night as he coached the reserve team. Proctor has not broken his wrist just dislocated his shoulder, so it depends how bad it is as to how long he will be out for, but definitely a couple of weeks.

With Rossco serving a 1 match ban for the Celtic game things are getting harder and harder for our last few games before the split.

Spoke to Blackie last night too about the challenge on him on Saturday when they 'accidentally' kicked the ball in his face. He said that they brought him down and then stood on him before kicking the ball in his face - In his words - ANIMALS. But suprprise, surprise it went un punished. A few people said it was the most biased refereeing they have ever seen.

I was hoping to see Doddsy to ask him what he thought about the hand shake he was made to so after he was fouled - still haven't worked that one out.

Haven't posted most of this on the main board as I don't like posing direct quotes from players, but seems okay in our little secret forum.

• 1 year later...