Hapoel Tel-Aviv

Aalborg

Group H

Bordeaux

Austria Vienna

Galatasaray

Panionios

Helsingsborgs

a tall order - can see a fair few thousand of the fans hopping over to wonderful Copenhagen for that game or maybe a cheap flight to Spain, not so many for Russia and Greece though.

8 groups, work it out  :016:

not quite !!!

Its the first 3 teams in each group (24) who qualify for the next round and are joined by the 8 third placed teams from the CL group stage making it the "round of 32". straight knockout after that.

this is a good site that explains who goes where .... http://www.xs4all.nl/~kassiesa/bert/uefa/

Group B

Panathinaikos

Lokomotiv Moscow

Atletico Madrid

Copenhagen

ABERDEEN

Aberdeen are 5th seeds in this group so not expected to qualify. Anything they do will be a bonus !!!

Seedings as shown below

[attach=1]

1st Seed:

Panathinaikos qualified after a 2-1 away win and 3-0 home win over Slovak side Artmedia Bratislava (heard of them before I think  :015:). The Greeks came in at this round but Artmedia had to play two rounds to get here - winning on away goals against Moldovan side Zimbru (1-1h, 2-2a) in the first qualifying round and 3-2 over MIKA from Armenia in the second.

2nd Seed:

Lokomotiv Moscow qualified after a 5-1 victory over FC Midtjylland of Denmark. Like Aberdee, Copenhagen and Panathainakos, the Russians entered at this stage but their opponents had previously beaten Keflavik (Iceland) in the first qualifying round (on away goals) and Finnish side FC Haka 7-3 in the second round.

3rd Seed:

Atletico Madrid (Intertoto winners) qualified after a 4-0 home win and 5-0 away win over Turkish side Kayseri Erciyesspor (who were appearing for the 1st time in UEFA Cup). In the previous round, the Turks had seem off Maccabi Tel Aviv 3-1 and Atletico had won 5-1 against Serbian side Vovjodina.

4th Seed:

Copenhagen qualified after a 1-1 draw with French side Lens and a 2-1 home victory (after extra-time) over them. Copenhagen came in at this stage but Lens had previously seen off Young Boys of Berne 6-2 in the previous round.

5th Seed:

As we know, Aberdeen qualified after an aggregate score of 1-1 against Ukranian side FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk having entered at this stage. Dnipro on the other hand had to see off Polish side Belchatow 5-3 before going out to Aberdeen.

Atletico are the spoilers for me ..... 3rd seed seems a lowly seeding and I tip them to top the group followed by Panathanaikos and Moscow. Copenhagen and Aberdeen to finish as bottom two - although, to be honest, a higher finish from the Dons would be perfectly acceptable to me and I will be wanting them to win their games.

post-2-1191945981.gif

Dons dates with destiny are:-

25 October (a) v Panathinaikos

8 November (h) v Lokomotiv Moscow

29 November (a) v Atletico Madrid

20 December (h) v Copenhagen

To me, these group stages in the UEFA Cup appear to be a little unfair due to the fact they don't play home and away legs. I suppose it's just a money making excercise again for the Euro stage. Their two away ties look particularly harsh - a result of the seeding I suppose. Best wishes to them for further progress.

have to admit that i will happily be cheering on all the scotish teams in europe, particularly the dons though as anything that will take there mind away from the league and has the potential to disrupt the form at home is just fine by me thank you very mch

:blah01: