FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Dennis Wyness

TomCaleyJag

In your opinion, is Dennis Wyness still good enough to be an SPL player?  

214 members have voted

1. 1.

• Yes
    • No

I don't think Denzil is up to SPL standards this season has just proved this and even with a quality striker partnering him this season he still does not seem to be in about the goals and sadly i think it is time for him to move on and let the likes of Rory and maybe a new striker to take his place.

It amazes me  reading how poor Dennis has been this season . In his one extended run this season before injury he was excellent as were the whole team. Since then he is lucky if he has started 2 consecutive games . Anyone  who has watched him over the years knows he needs to be playing regularly to get his full confidence. You would actually think we were blessed with an abundance off skillful strikers. It is the same old story unless you are a workhorse who can run and chase for 90 mins you are no use . Dennis will be better of at another club where he will be given a better chance to show his undoubted ability .

Had a nightmare last night where Dennis and one or two others who dont seem to get a look in at ICT were absolute revelations at County and propelled them to the first division title with a team not dissimilar to the one that took ICT there ......  :004:

Have to say Roby that I agree 100% with what you say. Wyness may not be the fastest out of the traps but his undoubted skill on the ball is brilliant if he wa given a rewal proper run in again I am sure that he can deliver, anyway what player can we replace Wyness with givrn the cash constraints that we are under? Not a lot methinks!

During our good run Wyness and Niculae formed a great partnership.

2 intelligent and skillful players woking well together.  Wyness has set up many of our goals and its this contribution I feel we'd miss the most.  I'd rather Wyness than a workhorse like Bayne who runs and runs but with no end product.

Got a feeling this will come back to haunt us.  :029:

I've had my doubts too but I reckon it's down to the style of play. Denzil is a FOOTBALLER. Brew doesn't have time for footballers. It's the long hoof up the park for us next season I'm afraid. Denzil will do fine at the Midden and I'll predict he gets at least 15 next season under a manager who at least tries to play attacking football.

I've had my doubts too but I reckon it's down to the style of play. Denzil is a FOOTBALLER. Brew doesn't have time for footballers. It's the long hoof up the park for us next season I'm afraid. Denzil will do fine at the Midden and I'll predict he gets at least 15 next season under a manager who at least tries to play attacking football.

With Brewster footballing ability comes after to strength and fitness.

Here mun, Middens attacking football has brought them only 9 goals at home so far this season!

Guest Spectre

In fact 17 goals at home and 9 away ... but still pretty atrocious....and we're complaining!

Either way, I think it's a shame but for me he just loses the ball too easily under challenge.