FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

The Board

FortressICT

If you were on the board and the position as ICT Manager was vacant.

Would you even look at a Manager who left the club (didn't do that well as Manager the 1st time, fell out with most of the players, then acted like we were nothing at all in his Managerial career when he was at his new club and then was sacked for only 2 wins in 24+ games and some very poor signings and no squad moral.

Would you hire that man?

Just thinking about it, it really baffles the mind why we re-hired him!

The answer to your question is NO.

However, we didnt make the decision and the man is in the position so lets hope he can prove us wrong. The alternatives dont bear thinking about !!!

If i was in the position to re-hire Brew at the time then the answer would have been no. If Warnock was available and we had got him , for all his moaning i would have taken him.

But we've got Brewster, the new season is yet to get underway and we need to get behind him and the team. We could finish in the top 6 and still have doubters no matter who the manager is or which players were playing.

To be honest the same can be said for most clubs- Gordon Strachan has won 3 leagues in a row, got to the last 16 of the champions league twice and is still hated by half his fans. Everyone else hates him because he talks nonsense and is beyond irritating. But why slate a man who done what "god" O Neill could not?

Then you have Walter Smith who closed the gap on their rivals and won 2 cups, got to a uefa cup final, and still had a shout of winning the league with a team who played a game every two days.

Then take Jimmy Calderwood who has kept the Dons in the top 6 since he's been there and achieved more than anyone else there in Europe since Fergie.

We are a Bottom 6/mid table team at the moment along side the likes of Falkirk, St Mirren and Kilmarnock and most probably Hamilton - nearly all of their managers are well liked despite similar or worse records, working with similar budgets or better.

Brewster works on a shoestring, IS the man the board appointed and IS the man in charge and needs a bit of backing for the new season!

I would never having taken Brew back and thats nothing to do with his record as a coach. I wouldn't have taken Robbo or Pele either. Warnock, I dont believe was ever on a shortlist.

Whilst Brew is in charge I'll support his position but if he goes or is pushed then I'd be pleading with Jim Duffy to take the job on. Unfortunately its very unlikely that I'd ever be invited onto the board.

Jim Duffy done an excellent job at Dundee. Unfortunately administration, and the need to get rid of a lot of players, prevented his good work continuing. Nobody will ever know if Jim would have taken the Dee back into the SPL but when he was sacked they were top of div 1.

Jim is an excellent tactician and reader of the game. Having coached at both Chelsea and Portsmouth he has gained a great deal of knowledge and experience.

If you were on the board and the position as ICT Manager was vacant.

Would you even look at a Manager who left the club (didn't do that well as Manager the 1st time, fell out with most of the players, then acted like we were nothing at all in his Managerial career when he was at his new club and then was sacked for only 2 wins in 24+ games and some very poor signings and no squad moral.

Would you hire that man?

Just thinking about it, it really baffles the mind why we re-hired him!

Why didnt you say Brewster?

He was re-hired because those that matter at ICT thought he could do a job for us again, his time at Dee utd was a bad experience for him where he had a battle with overpaid ego swollen players.

Now dont jump down my throat for backing Brew/Grassa/DS,  i had reservations about his return, but looking at the bigger picture there were not very many available managers out there!

Jim Duffy got Dundee relegated in 1994 and couldn't get them back up.  He then managed to get Hibs relegated, before a triumphant return at Dens where he, eh, took them out of the SPL again!

No thanks.

agreed, Duffy was not the answer.  I'm still not convinced that Brew is but at least he has plenty to prove.. Brew must realise that after the disaster at United this is his last chance at SPL level, if he screws up now (for our sake I hope he doesn't) then there wont be many teams that would take a punt on him.

Guest WynessLegend

Brewster's the man for the job.

Some excellent close-season signings already, on a shoestring budget, and with the promise of more to come.

A fit squad and a disciplined squad.

Personally, I'm looking forward to our fifth season in the SPL.

Some excellent close-season signings already, on a shoestring budget, and with the promise of more to come.

Esson & Barrowman are decent signings but you have to take into account the players that have left/likely to leave

who do you class as an excellent signing?

Guest WynessLegend

Esson & Barrowman are decent signings but you have to take into account the players that have left/likely to leave

Ryan Esson is the best keeper we have had at this club since we lost Mark Brown.

Barrowman is a far better prospect than the man he replaces - Bayne.

Both excellent signings in terms of our needs and our limited budget.

Well done Brewster.

Ryan Esson is the best keeper we have had at this club since we lost Mark Brown.

Barrowman is a far better prospect than the man he replaces - Bayne.

Both excellent signings in terms of our needs and our limited budget.

Well done Brewster.

not like me to be pessimistic but how do you work that out?

Esson hasn't played in over a season and is likely to be back up to Fraser (who IMO will be better than Brown ever was)

Barrowman is replacing Bayne, Wyness & possibly Niculae... also untested at this level

We never go for somebody with a bit of background or nous or able to attract a superior form of player because our insular, incestuous Board are feckin scared that somebody would have the audacity to see and say that they are virtual amateurs.

As much as I was against Brewster's return, I always thought that his satutre in Scotland and number of contacts made him able to attract quite decent players.

Agree about background though, I still think Brew can do a job, but bringing him back so soon to SPL football after one Scotland's worst ever managerial stints at a club was very amateur indeed.

The way in which he was appointed was a joke, however I think he is the man for the job. I just feel we need a more experienced DOF for him to work beside. Not getting on Graeme Bennetts back he's done a good job up to now, but it's time for change IMO.

Roscoe23, it's easy to criticise, so how about you tell us who you would have appointed instead? Mourinho?

If Mourinho was available and would take a major wage cut then yes. :moon02:

Erm, when the job was available I remember someone suggesting, Alex Rae, he would've been a good appointment.

But tbh that's not my job, but you don't have to be a rocket scientist to realise that Brewster was the wrong appointment and is now proving that his own way.