FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

at the game

MissICT

who have you met at a match that you would think would never go to a match?

not so much that he wouldnt go to a match, as he is well knows as a Sheffield Wednesday fan, just didnt expect to see and speak to dead mechanic "Tommy Harris" from Corrie at a Toronto FC match !! Turns out he was in Toronto filming the "Murdoch Mysteries" for Canadian TV.

post-2-1220372392.jpg

When I was at a Latvian Premiere League match in July the game stopped for a while, as a stray dog hopped onto the pitch and started running after the ball.

what about the fox that 'invaded' the parkhead pitch during the November 96 Celtic V Rangers game ... remember that one, it was funny.

I've seen 2 teachers!

and my minister!

Why did I think of Mike McCurry there??

I see pupils at games all the time; but there's nowt funny about that :rotflmao:

lol!

Mike McCurry!

:thumb04:

well one of my teachers did sit in front of me!

I've seen 2 teachers!

and my minister!

I see pupils at games all the time; but there's nowt funny about that :rotflmao:

lol!

Mike McCurry!

Did you spitball his tweed jacket? Now that would be funny.

I've seen 2 teachers!

and my minister!

lol!

Mike McCurry!

That would be funny!

But I like the teacher!

I've seen 2 teachers!

and my minister!

lol!

Mike McCurry!

Nah. It wouldn't.

I've seen 2 teachers!

and my minister!

lol!

Mike McCurry!

Nah. It wouldn't.

Sorry, I do not condone the spitballing of teacher's jackets whether they be tweed or not, just my poor attempt at humour, very poor attempt.

One of the strangest things i came across at the footy was back in '92,on a visit to the food kiosk, an assistant politely asked what i would like,smiled when she served me my pie and bovril and when i ate the peh it was hot in the middle without being burnt to a crisp on the outside AND the bovril didn't leave a blister on the roof of my mouth.Many folk refuse to believe me when i recall the tale and i sometimes wonder if it's just my memory playing tricks on me....anyone else come across anything that unbelievable?

PS Scotty ,Tommy's a DEE as well as an Owl after playing in a soapstars gemme at Dens he's attended a few games and been spotted on supporters buses going to away games

Edited by Heilandee

At 4.55 pm on 29th January 2005 I proceeded from a certain Highland stadium across a carpark where I was confronted by a ten foot fence. Unperturbed, and feeling brave from the alcohol fed to me earlier in the day, I made the assumption that I could climb over the said obstruction. Up, over the top, contact with the ground on the other side. Done it........then the brain comprehended excrutiating pain and told the right foot not to operate any further. I scrambled across the burn on one pin and two hands up to the A9 layby and sat on the ground to await the required NHS minibus. As luck would have it there were big queues on the bridge, among these a 54 seater coach full of Falkirk fans returning from a victory at Dingwall. On realising my plight, and noticing the colours I was wearing I quickly became the added entertainment to thier victory party.

Oh and the meat wagon had to go right across the bridge and turn to get at me.

The aforementioned date is etched in my memory forever. Return journey to our first ever SPL 'Home' game became a five day holiday in Inverness courtesy of NHS Highland.

at a proper match:

last game of the season about 3 years ago. Man City vs Boro. City needed to win to get a UEFA place and were 1-1 with 5 minutes to go. Stuart Pearce subs Claudio Reyna, sticks our reserve keeper Nicky Weaver in nets and puts David James up front. Mayhem ensues as James at 6'6'' is like a giraffe on roller skates, one lunge for the ball takes out 3 Boro players but he wins a penalty...which Robbie Fowler duly misses. Great entertainment though

in a match I was playing:

midfielder on the other side returning too early after a vasectomy. Their keeper clears the ball which lands on my mates toe...he volleys it and it goes straight in the balls of the recent hospital patient. Those of us who weren't laughing or crossing our legs in sympathy arranged for an ambulance to come get him. :rotflmao:

midfielder on the other side returning too early after a vasectomy. Their keeper clears the ball which lands on my mates toe...he volleys it and it goes straight in the balls of the recent hospital patient. Those of us who weren't laughing or crossing our legs in sympathy arranged for an ambulance to come get him. :rotflmao:

:thumb04: That is the best so far .....

what's the funniest or weirdest thing that has ever happened to you at a football match?

Or who have you met at a match that you would think would never go to a match?

:rotflmao:

:018:

I did see Donald Park in tesco in Inverness once (ages ago)

I also saw an ICT player in all at the Tesco Inches.

Have they moved Tesco into the TCS or was there a football match taking place there ?

At a game in France, a group of fans near me started a chant about the police. Being the b******s that they are, they responded by lobbing tear gas into us and then letting loose with the batons as everyone tried to escape. Oh how we laughed :rotflmao:

Guest couchpotato

At a game in France, a group of fans near me started a chant about the police. Being the b******s that they are, they responded by lobbing tear gas into us and then letting loose with the batons as everyone tried to escape. Oh how we laughed :rotflmao:

Check out this vid where some heavy handed "security" get a reponse they dinnae expect!!!

At Pittodrie against Hibs I remember Scott Dobie walloping a shot during the half time mess around right into the face of a ball girl who was sitting on top of the advertising hoardings in front of the Merkland. All we saw next was her legs up in the air as she was blasted over the boards and into the seats behind her with a huge scream. Needless to say I don't think she was Dobie's biggest fan after that :rotflmao: