Boris Johnson, football legend

Yngwie

With London 2012 Olympic Football and Boris Johnson having been in the news recently, I couldn't help but think of the spectacular tackle he made on a former German international in a charity match. If you look closely he does actually win the ball!

In fact, fielding a GB celebrity team might resolve the current dispute involving the FAs and make Olympic football more entertaining.

Remember seeing that in a pub in Thurso, when the game was on a telly in the background. The whole pub stopped their conversations to watch the replay; followed by a united "OOOOFFFFFFHHHH!!!!!", when the tackle occurred. Endless laughing afterwards...

I nearly died in a car crash the next day; which wasn't so good. But a fun night before all the same!

You can remove "Football" from the title because the guy, IMO, is a legend in every sense.

Most politicians try and come across as polished characters, when underneath you know that their all feckin idiots. With Boris, he comes across as a feckin idiot, but you know under it all there's a fairly intelligent person scrambling to get out.

He's one of the few politicians that "doesn't do politics" and I've got a great deal of respect for anyone who calls a spade a spade and just wants to get the job done.

Never mind "Boris for Mayor", let's have "Boris for PM". He might not improve anything, but if your going to be screwed by Government, at least we could get a little entertainment in return.

And on the subject of the video of his tackle. I think he might have stumbled clumsily into the "challenge", hence the leading with the shoulder, but what really makes me smile is they way he jogs off without so much as the slightest look of remorse on his face. Most people would at least have made an attempt to apologise or look sorry for crippling an opponent whether they meant it or not....but not him :rotflmao: