FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Barrow load of rubbish

Westhillman

Barrowman up front on his own was a joke.. he is a good penalty box player... and for that we need the ball into the box, and our midfield did it once today.

To play him up front and pump high balls to him was totally pathetic, and not Barrowmans fault, as for Wood.. his ball control is laughable, that back header from Kenneth came back off the post and Wood could do was bounce the ball off his shin back to the keeper.

Dont get me started on Hastings....

Hastings was one of our best players today

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Barrowman up front on his own was a joke.. he is a good penalty box player... and for that we need the ball into the box, and our midfield did it once today.

To play him up front and pump high balls to him was totally pathetic, and not Barrowmans fault, as for Wood.. his ball control is laughable, that back header from Kenneth came back off the post and Wood could do was bounce the ball off his shin back to the keeper.

you must be barrowmans mate to defend him...he is useless whatever quality of ball he gets into him and whatever formation is used.

Edited by CaleyP

Although barrowman was poor today, I have to say the buck must fall at brew's feet. The man has no clue about substitutions, player positioning or tactics.

He should have spotted barrowman was poor and pulled him off instead of Imrie, or at least put a second striker on to partner him. I thought imrie was pretty good today, but again lacked due to brew playing him out of position. Same can be said for cowie, duff and proctor. As soon as Imrie was off that right flank, utd exploited the space and bang, 2-0 down.

Putting 2 subs on with 5 minutes to go baffles me. That should have been done at least 20 minutes before full time. I think Zander had 3 touches max and was unable to infulance the game.

Easy tiger,thats how rumours start :rotflmao:

you must be barrowmans mate to defend him...he is useless whatever quality of ball he gets into him and whatever formation is used.

Barrowman is far from useless. As c100 says, he is a penalty box player that needs to play along side another striker. He was terrific against Aberdeen, and lack of strenght(which seems to be his main downfall) is something that can and will be rectified. He also requires the ball into feet, particularly in game like yesterdays. Graham Bayne would have struggled to win anything against those two.

:lol::rotflmao: :thumb04: :018: ;)

Reading barrowmans speel in the courie/HN the other week, saying he wants the chance to play from the start, he certianly didnt show any willingness, drive or ambition yesterday to back up his feelings.

Barrowman is ICT's britney spears... get lots of applause and admiration for past works, but too big for their own boots and thinks no-one is better than they, whilst all around them people just point and laugh and say - you simply are not good enough any more.

Barrowman is far from useless. As c100 says, he is a penalty box player that needs to play along side another striker. He was terrific against Aberdeen

Aye, they all were. But that was 4 months ago.

lack of strenght(which seems to be his main downfall) is something that can and will be rectified.

Unlike his lack of effort...... Sorry, I've still to see what made Brewster chase him for months and offer him such a decent contract. More so given the system that Brewster seems intent on playing. Even the County fans could see his shortcomings. Never mind, he'll come in handy in div 1.

Edited by The Mantis

Barrowman started ok yesterday, but as the game wore on we resorted to pumping high balls straight down Kenneths throat. Barrowman had no chance against these defenders with the tactic we resorted to. His first touch is better than Woods', but he lacks the physical strength of the afore mentioned Wood. Not his fault yesterday, just the wrong style of play. Has to be Brewsters fault and nobody elses.

[quote name='caley100' post='149196' date='Dec 7

He was.

Guess we will have to agree to differ, he is a one trick pony, i.e. he runs about and gets in the way.

The run into the box and the attempt to knock out the sign at the back of section F in the second half summed Hastings up.

Completely agree about Barrowman. The one time we got a ball into the box that he would have liked was the one from Cowie to Rooney. He is a penalty box predator. He isn't going to score for 30 yards and needs balls into the box for him to attack. We gave him nothing yesterday.

Aye you're right. He was mince against Aberdeen in the first game of the season when we played to his strengths and he has had some other good performances since then. He isn't getting the right service because of the way we play. Hopeless, aimless long balls for an hour are going to get him nowhere.

Or do you think he should have been doing better when being man marked by two 6 ft plus defenders?

Barrowman was hung out to dry by the bizarre decision to play one up front at home and then punt long balls up to him after 10 minutes where he was easily marshalled by Kenneth and Wilkie. He didn't have a chance today.

totally agree what is brewster thinking playing the smallest looking striker we have on his own with such a big defence felt sorry for andy he should have started with wood and rooney up front and changing it in the last ten minutes is a f***ing joke all the fans round about me were screaming for a sub brewster is an idiot he got it very wrong

Completely agree about Barrowman. The one time we got a ball into the box that he would have liked was the one from Cowie to Rooney. He is a penalty box predator. He isn't going to score for 30 yards and needs balls into the box for him to attack. We gave him nothing yesterday.

Aye you're right. He was mince against Aberdeen in the first game of the season when we played to his strengths and he has had some other good performances since then. He isn't getting the right service because of the way we play. Hopeless, aimless long balls for an hour are going to get him nowhere.

Or do you think he should have been doing better when being man marked by two 6 ft plus defenders?

every striker in the league plays against the same defenders so the whole six foot plus excuse doesnt stick, its a mans game so he has to deal with it, rig i usually agree with most of what you say but i just dont think he has what it takes to play in the spl, i think he would possibly struggle in the first. he did ok against aberdeen but he has started 8 or 9 games this season so 1 performance isn't really a strong case.

Edited by CaleyP

You can't blame Barrowman for everything...........it was Wood who tapped the ball into the keepers hands.

I would agree with that, it appears that he is getting most of the flack (apart from Brewster) for yesterday, if the system is not right the guy cant do a thing, he is not a lone striker and shouldnt have been played that way. lets see how he plays in the correct system before saying his career at ICT is over

its not just yesterday though...he has started 9 games so he has more of a chance than rooney and he has done a lot more already than what barro has. its obvious he is struggling with the level of the spl...killie must of seen that and thats why he didnt last there.

its not just yesterday though...he has started 9 games so he has more of a chance than rooney and he has done a lot more already than what barro has. its obvious he is struggling with the level of the spl...killie must of seen that and thats why he didnt last there.

yes but how many of them has he been played in the right system? I would agree I like the look of Rooney more, just saying think its a bit early to give up on Barrowman

yes but how many of them has he been played in the right system? I would agree I like the look of Rooney more, just saying think its a bit early to give up on Barrowman

well we have played barrowman in both a 442 and 451 formation with no success. what would be the right system for barrowman, is finding the right sysytem just for barrowman worth putting the rest of the team in many different/wrong positions worth it so we can accomadate a over rated striker? i hope it's premature on my part, however, i just haven't seen much, not even glimpes to give me hope.