FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Brewster the player

Dan Clark

Should Brewster Play Himself.  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Should he pull on the boots again?

• Yes
    • No
    • Undecided

with the way things are at the club at the moment i cant believe he is not pulling on the boots again. i think he is still by far our best striker and rooney etc i think could play really well off him. i dont know how to do a poll but can someone do a poll for me and see what everyone else thinks. I also think brewster might be the man to keep us in the spl. In that i mean brewster the player not the manager. also with him playing he might see the lack of service up front and do something about it. I know there was talk about a bad shoulder and i dont know whats the postion is with his shoulder but he is playing reserve games. in my opinion as i have said regardless of his age, shoulder etc he has to get the boots on again and start getting this team moving again.

If he'd kept playing and his shoulder was fine, there's no doubt at all in my mind that even with a slow 40-something upfront, we'd be in a much better league position.

As it is, he pretty much retired a year ago and cannot have kept himself fully match fit.

with the way things are at the club at the moment i cant believe he is not pulling on the boots again. i think he is still by far our best striker and rooney etc i think could play really well off him. i dont know how to do a poll but can someone do a poll for me and see what everyone else thinks. I also think brewster might be the man to keep us in the spl. In that i mean brewster the player not the manager. also with him playing he might see the lack of service up front and do something about it. I know there was talk about a bad shoulder and i dont know whats the postion is with his shoulder but he is playing reserve games. in my opinion as i have said regardless of his age, shoulder etc he has to get the boots on again and start getting this team moving again.

So far as I'm aware Brewster has never turned out in a reserve match since he stopped playing. He did, as Dalneigh say's, turn out in bounce game against Clach recently.

If the old memory serves correct Brew was told to have an operation, that didn't guarantee success, or stop playing competitive football or run the risk of more serious, disabling, damage. He chose to stop playing. As such, although he keeps himself fit enough he's probably a million miles away from being match fit so I'd say he'd be more a hindrance than an asset in a team.

My mate was marking him in the recent bounce match with Clach and he told me Brewster was the best striker on the park and that he felt he could still do a job for us .

No disrespect to Clach (well not much anyway) but playing in a bounce game vs highland league team is a world away from premier league, we have had the best out of Brew the player and are now recieving the worst of Brew the manager.

Edited by caley100

This is one subject where pretty much everyone will be Pro-Brewster I think.

Amidst all the calls for his resignation as manager, I dont think I have seen anyone seriously call his playing abilities into question. He is quite likely still our best striker, even with his dodgy shoulder, but its the shoulder, and the damage he could do to it, and therefore his future quality of life, that makes the question immaterial. Would we like to see him pull on his boots again? Yes. Will it ever happen? No.

So far as I'm aware Brewster has never turned out in a reserve match since he stopped playing. He did, as Dalneigh say's, turn out in bounce game against Clach recently.

If the old memory serves correct Brew was told to have an operation, that didn't guarantee success, or stop playing competitive football or run the risk of more serious, disabling, damage. He chose to stop playing. As such, although he keeps himself fit enough he's probably a million miles away from being match fit so I'd say he'd be more a hindrance than an asset in a team.

I think he has turned out for one reserve game this season, though played as a centre-back. He also turned out up-front in the pre-season game against someone like Brora. I think he scored aswell in that game IIRC.