FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

fans in-fighting

BornCaley

I arrived in Hamilton just as the 1st half was over, so missed the match

however a Hearts friend of mine texted me to say that some ICT fans were scrapping amongst themselves over Brewster, he must have heard it on the radio

is this true, surely not?

Edited by BornCaley

I arrived in Hamilton just as the 1st half was over, so missed the matc

however a Hearts friend of mine texted me to say that some ICT fans were scrapping amongst themselves over Brewster, he must have heard it on the radio

Sounds like handbags at 20 paces to me. :rotflmao:

Heard this in the chatroom earlier. Can't help these things when emotions are running high......at least the fans care about the club which is more than can be said about the board.

Edited by Iain

I arrived in Hamilton just as the 1st half was over, so missed the matc

Sounds like handbags at 20 paces to me. :rotflmao:

From a distance it looked like an exchange of words. Obviously Brewster strategically positioned a friend in amongst the support to issue a the following statement " how about backing him instead" when the chants of Brewster GTF . Nah lets get him to F now before we hit the 2nd division.

Heard this in the chatroom earlier. Can't help these things when emotions are running high......at least the fans care about the club which is more than can be said about the board.

While i never seen the fighting or even handbags it may have happened but i dont understand this attitude of the board not caring about the club. Its there reputations at risk as well. They'll not want to be seen as part of a club/business that hasnt succeded. I dont buy this stuff about the board not caring about the club as much as the fans.

While we(supporters) feel that the next(only) step forward is to get rid of brew the board dont currently share that feeling for whatever reason! They may have someone in mind already or even asked someone on their feelings about taking on the job and they declined. We just dont know! If there is someone out there who can pull us out of this hole within our remit i cant believe for one minute that the board havent explored it!

As i've said before give me a name to get out of this hole and lets get him in but until then we're stuck with the people that are doing their best to keep the club up. Any other suggestion about the people in charge not caring is just ludicrous!

Would you rather be a director/chairman of an SPL or SFL club? Of course they're doing there upmost to keep the club up!

EDIT: Cue the it must be one of the boards posts.

Edited by rollwithit

While i never seen the fighting or even handbags it may have happened but i dont understand this attitude of the board not caring about the club. Its there reputations at risk as well. They'll not want to be seen part of a club/business that hasnt succeded. I dont buy this stuff about the board not caring about the club as much as the fans.

While we(supporters) feel that the next(only) step forward is to get rid of brew the board dont currently share that feeling for whatever reason! They may have someone in mind already or even asked someone on their feelings about taking on the job and they declined. We just dont know! If there is someone out there who can pull us out of this hole within our remit i cant believe for one minute that the board havent explored it!

As i've said before give me a name to get out of this hole and lets get him in but until then we're stuck with the people that are doing their best to keep the club up. Any other suggestion about the people in charge not caring is just ludicrous!

Would you rather be a director/chairman of an SPL or SFL club? Of course they're doing there upmost to keep the club up!

The only exploration the most influencial board member does is the exploration of finest ales and beers at the heathmount - but of course he does this with the clubs best interests at heart !!! Im sure Sandy Shaw dedicated a song to him!!!

While i never seen the fighting or even handbags it may have happened but i dont understand this attitude of the board not caring about the club. Its there reputations at risk as well. They'll not want to be seen part of a club/business that hasnt succeded. I dont buy this stuff about the board not caring about the club as much as the fans.

The only exploration the most influencial board member does is the exploration of finest ales and beers at the heathmount - but of course he does this with the clubs best interests at heart !!! Im sure Sandy Shaw dedicated a song to him!!!

I can only assume from what i've read on the board in the last couple of days you mean Bennett because as i've said i'm a bit out of touch by not still staying in inverness. While i dont know him personally I just cant believe that he doesnt want the club to stay up and that he isn't doing all he can to make that happen. Although i'm willing to be educated on any evidence that proves this to the contrary! I may be naive!

As i said in another thread would you rather be an SPL director or an SFL director? Its also these guys reputations at risk so what do they have to gain by dropping a division and having our club languish in Division 1?

As i've said i'm willing to be educated on the 'insider' goings on and what other fans think we can do to get out of this mess???

From a distance it looked like an exchange of words. Obviously Brewster strategically positioned a friend in amongst the support to issue a the following statement " how about backing him instead" when the chants of Brewster GTF . Nah lets get him to F now before we hit the 2nd division.

Being the eternal seeker of conspiracy theories. The club paid for the transport in order to try to get the fans back onside, anyone else think that they would be of the opinion they should try to protect their investment by sticking a couple of "agent provocateurs" in the crowd to try and drum up support for Brewster?

As said above it really was "handbags" stuff. A few lads started "Brew must go" chants in the first half and others were of the opinion that it wasn't the time to be getting on Brewsters back and we should continue to concentrate on urging the team towards pulling something back from the game.

I was sitting slightly down from the exchange of words, but I was in agreement with those who told the lads it wasn't the time for their shouts. In saying that, as the game rolled on and it was obvious nothing positive was being done from the bench to change anything then I slipped more towards the side of those doing the shouting and at the end of the game was even one of the ones shouting for Brewster to go.

So, I don't think it was so much "Pro-Brewster" fans supporting him as fans who felt it wasn't the right time to be shouting for Brewster Out in the first half.

Also worth pointing out that despite the "Brewster Out" chants at the end the fans still broke off to acknowledge Imrie, Munro and Esson who'd made a point of coming over after the FT whistle to applaud the fans for doing their part.

Guest MrCaLEY2009

yep it's true i was sitting rite behind them both. Basically the story was that one of the guys was singing brewster must go! and about three other guys said shut the **** up! :thumb04: and saying get behind the team. then two guys faced of and started giving loads of abuse to eachother then they made up at half time. :rotflmao:

yep it's true i was sitting rite behind them both. Basically the story was that one of the guys was singing brewster must go! and about three other guys said shut the **** up! :rotflmao: and saying get behind the team. then two guys faced of and started giving loads of abuse to eachother then they made up at half time. :thumb04:

What garbage - the old guy in the kilt was being targetted and verbally abused.

What garbage - the old guy in the kilt was being targetted and verbally abused.

Yeah.... But he's used to that!

:lol:

He feckin love it - ask his wife and her whip _ where is f***ballers wife ?

And as fer the handbag clash - the cheeky **** behind me said it would have been a case of Evander Hollyfield and a featherweight. :018: ;) :rotflmao: :thumb04:

Being the eternal seeker of conspiracy theories. The club paid for the transport in order to try to get the fans back onside, anyone else think that they would be of the opinion they should try to protect their investment by sticking a couple of "agent provocateurs" in the crowd to try and drum up support for Brewster?

Not one who likes to fuel conspiracy theories, but one of the women involved in the verbal exchange with the Immortal Howden Ender is a club employee.

sure he didnt mean Giant Haystacks or Big Daddy ?

Looked more like a couple of the Dwarf Extras from LotR squaring up to each other.

Not one who likes to fuel conspiracy theories, but one of the women involved in the verbal exchange with the Immortal Howden Ender is a club employee.

didn't like to say before now cos i wasnt there on sat had a feeling that might be the case after seeing her at a couple of other away games slagging folk off for criticising brewster

Guest CaleyJAGGIE

I mentioned the Ian Black stuff in my match report. PCAs are part of the modern game and it's a waste of time to abuse someone because of signing one. As long as players perform and give a good effort they should be supported.

i dont know why fans were giving ian black abuse. he has been a great player over the years.

didn't like to say before now cos i wasnt there on sat had a feeling that might be the case after seeing her at a couple of other away games slagging folk off for criticising brewster

These very same ladies told me at full-time on Saturday that i am a "bad fan and a bad example to the youngsters".

I'm still reeling from this devastating judgement but hopefully i'll recover in time for Tynie. Will those ladies be there? If they are, i can can guarantee you won't see them open their mouths to get behind the team, so i don't know what gives them the right to judge those who do.

Guest NoseyJambo

Hello all...i am also a jambo, but all my mates are invernesian's so i went along too.

I was sitting right infront of the guys arguing. One numpty was causing it all really. They were having a dig at Ian Black aswell, and although he is signing for us at the end of the season...this doesn't change the fact that he is one of your best players.

Singing "we're going down aswell"...pretty poor crack.