FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Djebi-zadi

AJS

quote name='MrsICTFC' .I don't look at the past, must be a man thing.

Yes I can understand yer answer dearie but in football it often happens that tacticians, coaches and managers look at how a player has performed in a wee bit more than in the last six games. Now go and do the ironing and leave the football thinking to the lads.

I take it you model yerself on Marge ??

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok - my aplogies to Lionel - he has had a few decent games, he has improved, he has surprised some (even me!!),he will undoubtedly improve further, he has heart, he has spirit, he is fit, he is entertaining, he is a crowd pleaser, he has a bit of pace, not bad in the air and he throws himself at anything in the box (unfortunately including opposition players) - but he is still to ICT what Todd Carty was to Dancing On Ice - and in retrospect and from a psychological perspective I can understand why some of my detracting stalkers can get angry and frustrated with me - my apologies - I just cant help always being right in the long run.

I note that nobody has answered the questions honestly - that is because the answers are only too evident. :rotflmao:

I agree with most of that. My point was, he was playing well (to my great surprise too) and shouldn't have been dropped. He was always going to make mistakes but criticising him when he's playing well isn't the answer. It's probably a purple patch (although we can but hope) but he's been far from our worst defender or player in that time. And McBain* (at left-back at least), Gattheusi or Hastings haven't done anything like enough to oust a form player and be automatic picks.

*although he has done very well in midfield this season.

Good Gawd - You do my head in, IHE! Your posts are enough to make me try to throw the computer out the window.

What an a..e you can be, it used to be Marius is crap, always is, always was, now its Lionel - don't recall you posting so much anti about Russell Duncan getting a red card, or Grant Munro losing us the game against Mudderwell.

Go back into your box, please, Johndo, (and shut the lid)(and lock it too) and let us continue to enjoy the posts when you miss a game and we don't have to put up with the same old vitriol time and time again. You give the impression of being a frustrated non-football manager and by your comments never will be more than a poor misguided philosopher/amateur wordsmith. P..s off, please. You may be funny to your mates but not to the most of us.

And, if this gets me a warning, tough, as I am just so fed up of all IHE's team bashing. I support my team and criticise when I feel it is applicable but, surely Johndo, you must eventually come to realise that incessant negative criticism is not constructive, just destructive, in all walks of life, including football.

And p..s off the sexist comments too...... Most ladies prefer watching football to the rambling of gits who spout out about it.

Good Gawd - You do my head in, IHE! Your posts are enough to make me try to throw the computer out the window.

P..s off, please. You may be funny to your mates but not to the most of us.

Take it all with a pinch of salt Lizi dear....

Sadly he knows very little about football, but happily he just happens to be the funniest poster on here...

quote name='MrsICTFC' .I don't look at the past, must be a man thing.

Yes I can understand yer answer dearie but in football it often happens that tacticians, coaches and managers look at how a player has performed in a wee bit more than in the last six games. Now go and do the ironing and leave the football thinking to the lads.

I take it you model yerself on Marge ??

Back to the ironing haha. If only I could take you seriously, then may I actually get offended.

Obviously, ICT didn't because in that case based on what you must have seen they would have never employed him? So maybe you need to leave the football to those who actually know what they are talking about............

What an a..e you can be, it used to be Marius is crap, always is, always was, now its Lionel - don't recall you posting so much anti about Russell Duncan getting a red card, or Grant Munro losing us the game against Mudderwell.

Go back into your box, please, Johndo, (and shut the lid)(and lock it too) and let us continue to enjoy the posts when you miss a game and we don't have to put up with the same old vitriol time and time again. You give the impression of being a frustrated non-football manager and by your comments never will be more than a poor misguided philosopher/amateur wordsmith. P..s off, please. You may be funny to your mates but not to the most of us.

And, if this gets me a warning, tough, as I am just so fed up of all IHE's team bashing. I support my team and criticise when I feel it is applicable but, surely Johndo, you must eventually come to realise that incessant negative criticism is not constructive, just destructive, in all walks of life, including football.

And p..s off the sexist comments too...... Most ladies prefer watching football to the rambling of gits who spout out about it.

Why don't you say what you mean, woman?

But didn't you know that IHE has two a..es (as you call them), one he has tatooed and the other he speaks out of.

I wonder what the future holds for him now. I really wasn't entirely convinced by Hastings performance on Saturday and i would have to say that Lionel would still be my first choice but will that be Butcher's??

At the risk of going off-topic slightly, it struck me a while back that all the footballers I can think of who have been referred to as a "bombscare" have been black defenders.

eg Tebily, Balde, Bamba, Lionel.

Is that part of the definition or is it just coincidence?

Lizi :thumb04: :018: :rotflmao: ---

Lionel probably will sit out the next couple of games because they are so crucial but in truth he has accomplished as much as he has done "wrong" and I mention the last word advisedly because overall he deserves a heck of lot of praise.

Anyway IHE is just winding you all up so match him word for word ....

Go on , have a real go.

At the risk of going off-topic slightly, it struck me a while back that all the footballers I can think of who have been referred to as a "bombscare" have been black defenders.

Myself and my husband were discussing this last night. They all are pretty tall also so maybe that is a factor.

Well, there's plenty of black defenders who aren't - from Viv Anderson to Rio Ferdinand - but also, what about Kirk Broadfoot, Lee Naylor, Stewart McKimmie or Gary Stevens to name but a few. Aren't they just as clumsy on the ball and deserving of the name?

What IHE is does is very simple. He pulls something out of his backside, eats it and then spews it out through the realms of the internet and by taking it in and taking seriously is our way is our way of eating it. And really who wants to eat something that came out of IHE's backside?

personally, hastings would be my 1st choice, not lionel, to inconsistent

Hastings usually is pretty consistent. Considently eh poor.

It's also interesting to note that a lot of the ICT "legends" if you will have started pretty slowly. Wyness was put on the transfer list by Pele and then started knocking them in for fun, Dargo knocked in 20 in one season but was pretty dire when he first came, Robson was pretty useless too apparently and look at him now. Will the same thing happen with Lionel? Time will tell.

What IHE is does is very simple. He pulls something out of his backside, eats it and then spews it out through the realms of the internet and by taking it in and taking seriously is our way is our way of eating it. And really who wants to eat something that came out of IHE's backside?

:thumb04: a lovely image - flush it down :rotflmao:

Please.... please, Starchief and Renegade...

Can I please be the first to pull the chain and flush IHE into waterfilled whatever! I can visualise it now - what a wonderful sight - both sides of his a.se - tattooed or not - just flushed out of sight!

Thanks - am a much happier bunny now! (ps - he must have days off as no awful responses - hurray).

i cant see any1 wanting him. were struck with him now

You say that as if we are stuck with him forever while in fact his current deal expires at the end of the season.

But regardless the man has shown that he does have some of the required attributes to play at SPL level and while he may not be the most convincing at times he is no worse than Hastings has been all season, to me he has been the most under-performing player leading up to Lionel's run in the team. In my own opinion Lionel was treated very unfairly by Craig Brewster as were alot of first team players while he was manager but since Terry Butcher has come in he has seen a positive side in Lionel, shown a bit of faith and it has worked wonders and yes he made a costly error on Saturday but Duncan, Esson and Munro all made costly errors last week so personally i see being "stuck with him" as no bad thing.

Guest Muir-Jaggie

i cant see any1 wanting him. were struck with him now

You say that as if we are stuck with him forever while in fact his current deal expires at the end of the season.

But regardless the man has shown that he does have some of the required attributes to play at SPL level and while he may not be the most convincing at times he is no worse than Hastings has been all season, to me he has been the most under-performing player leading up to Lionel's run in the team. In my own opinion Lionel was treated very unfairly by Craig Brewster as were alot of first team players while he was manager but since Terry Butcher has come in he has seen a positive side in Lionel, shown a bit of faith and it has worked wonders and yes he made a costly error on Saturday but Duncan, Esson and Munro all made costly errors last week so personally i see being "stuck with him" as no bad thing.

when does his contract end??? but i think terry will offer him a new one anyway if we stay up

Even if we're relelgated, I'd like to see him stay. I doubt he's on much. He could improve so much, I'd give him a chance. Let's face it, we're not getting Maurice Malpas out of retirement for that left-back spot (though how great would that be!)

Terry should keep Lionel--on form he is awesome and must strike the fear of death into quite a few defenders.

What a grand spirit....eh?:

Lionel, Lionel your'e so black

And you are no half bad when you're on the attack

Rampaging up and down the wing

You appear to be determined to make your mark

And show us all your mighty spark

Keep it up and I'll arrange an intro to Footballer's Wife

Who will hug you big and tell you that you are the "petal" thing

So if you like living on the edge, courting trouble without the strife

Grasp the nettle, show us your mettle, and see what happens when you offer to buy her a large diamond ring.

:rotflmao: