FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Players Out?

Yngwie

Most of the attention is rightly on new signings, but I wonder if there will be any moves to offload players between now and 5pm?

We signed 6 players (I think) in January, and it seems quite likely that there are one or two more to come.

We have let go of Wilson, Cowie and Rory (has he gone yet?) but I was just wondering what the likelihood is of others being moved on to make way? If funds allow, Butcher will probably want to have as many players available to him as possible, but there must be some players who see their first team opportunities diminish as all the new faces arrive, and may want a move or a loan.

I guess the candidates would be:

Proctor: but then again, he's played most games and is a first start for Butcher, so maybe not

McGuire: probably most likely but who'd pay his wages?

Imrie: if Killie follow up their interest but hopefully not

Wood and Duff: if they feel they can get a game elsewhere. Can't see too much point them moving.

Djebi-Zadi: with only one SPL start, I would anticipate him clinging on.

Aside from that, I can't see the likes of Tokely, Munro, Duncan or McBain wanting to move. Maybe Hastings but as he's been first choice left-back for the whole season, don't see he'd leave except for a particularly good deal.