FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Accomodation For Aberdeen Game 11th Apri

ICTBTTH

Does anyone know where i could get cheap Accomodation for this game near town? Lookin for somewhere to stay that weekend and all i can get is places that cost hundred quid or there about.

Any help greatly appreciated

Cheers

A bit closer to the stadium is the Travellers arms, not licenced (officially) but they have bijou accomodation with a sea view ( seasalt as well ) meals... well lets say its dog eat dog.

There are lurcher training sessions most nights and classes on how to gain access to locked cars on occasion ( after 10pm)

3 minutes walk or a 30 second dash if you are noticed leaving without paying will see you at the turnstyles.

silly me - didnt look at the fixture list :rotflmao: ..... having said that, Fairfield Villa is a good one to keep on the radar for home games ... reasonable price, close to town and a landlady who is not OTT in terms of rules.

Is the train Station far from Pittodrie ?

Nah bout a 15 min walk down King Street. Onve you come out the mall at Union Street head right and follow the road right round and you can see pittodrie on yer right just before you pass Tescos and the Bobbin pub

where in aberdeen can we go for a drink then???

Theres the Bobbin just round the corner fae Pittodrie and they never made a fuss about us in thier even tho it was packed wi sheepshaggers an all that

There's loads of B & Bs along King Street and places like Premier Travel Inn and all that stuff. There is one Travel Inn / Lodge on West North Street about a 10 - 15 minute walk from Pittodrie and 5 - 10 minutes from the station. Walk along King Street and it's down on your left on the right hand side.

To get to Pittodrie you just need to walk along King Street and it's down on your right if you head along Merkland Road East or Pittodrie Street. If you want you can get a 1, 2 or a 13 bus from King Street opposite the East Neuk Pub (:rotflmao:). A 14 you will need to catch on Union Street near Archie Simpsons but this drops you right off the back of Pittodrie so is somewhat more direct.

There are other travel lodge style places on Union Street. There is Holiday Inn Express or whatever they are called are found towards the top end of Union Street on Chapel Street. Would be a fair walk from the train station (~ 20 minutes) and a bus to the game (same buses as before) but you could walk along Union Street popping into pubs on the way down.

There is another Travel Inn type place on Bridge Street which is right next to the station and more centrally based than the other two so all the pubs are in easy reach. the one major drawback of this place is you will get a lot of noise at night with Aberdeens best* nighclub a stones through away. Not a problem if you might be out yourself but worth bearing in mind. Can easy walk to the stadium from here as well but if you want a bus it's the same as before.

As for pubs, there are plenty to choose from. Particularly on Belmont Street (just off Union Street). Loads of bars / pubs there. Ma Camerons, Old School House, Triple Kirks, Wild Boar, Siberia, Slains Castle etc. Archies (a Weatherspoons pub), Illicit Still and The Tilted Wig are at the bottom end of Union Street before it swings round onto King Street. If you are at the top end of Union Street you have Justice Mill (another Spoons affair), Monkey House, Sports Bar whatever Icis is called nowadays amongst others. The Prince of Wales just off correction Wynd might be worth a quick visit and I think there are a couple of pubs on The Green but I have never been there myself. The Bobbin is about 5 minutes from Pittodrie but always seems to be understaffed so bulk buy your drinks if you get served!

Guest birdog

RiG you forgot to mention the Belmont Bar on Belmont street, I can't understand why :rotflmao:

Edited by birdog