Is This The End For Zander?

Renegade

I'm pretty sure he's injured just now but does anyone else reckon that this'll be the last season that Zander Sutherland will be at ICT? Little has been seen of him since he came back from Elgin and he hasn't featured anything like many thought he would this season. Is this the end? And the other question is, does he have what it takes to succeed?

Blame Brewster.

He said he would use him after he returned from Elgin and i recall him only playing about 10 minutes worth since the season started.

We all know he is a very capable player but we've been saying that for about 2 years now. I would love to see him get back in the team as i think we need a player like him playing atm but with his contract expiring in the summer along with a few others i really don't think he will be seen as a priority.

Guest CaleyJAGGIE

id like to see him get a game now, but its our experienced players we need to be playin at this time in the season

He was never going to make it, doesn't have the grit needed to be part of an ICT team.

Totally agree. Said it many times before. He was NEVER good enough to play at this level. 3rd Div - Yes. 2nd Div -Probably. 1st Div-Doubt it. Too many youngsters are given false hope in football and it's not nice when the shove comes. Good luck to the boy wherever he lands up but it's about time he got a job and enjoyed football part-time. Even Nairn County would pay him good pt wage - certainly more than he would get from Elgin.

No, he's not good enough or strong enough, also he's a total knob.

No, he's not; good enough, strong enough, fast enough, good enough with a ball at his feet and he cant score.

I take it you don't like him then.

The major thing for me is that aint the right build. He far too short and light to play in the position he does. Not an SPL player, but possibly a first or second division one.

Guest Muir-Jaggie

No, he's not; good enough, strong enough, fast enough, good enough with a ball at his feet and he cant score.

Did you say that about Duff, Vigurs & Wood aswel???

Zander hasnt really had the chance to prove himself. What i have seen of zander hes a fast player and hes quite good with the ball at his feet. How do you no he cant score hes a midfielder not a striker :rotflmao:

Dont get how people can say he's not good enough for the SPL, when he is clearly unproven.

Mind Midden away on the last game of the season a while back, he played immense and was arguably one of our better players.

Okay, he may be small and has a lot to learn, but look at the likes of McGeady for example.

He didn't start of as the International Class player he is now, and was often shoved off the ball pretty easily to begin with.

With the right coaching I think we could uncover a hidden gem in Zander tbh.

Guest Muir-Jaggie

Dont get how people can say he's not good enough for the SPL, when he is clearly unproven.

Mind Midden away on the last game of the season a while back, he played immense and was arguably one of our better players.

Okay, he may be small and has a lot to learn, but look at the likes of McGeady for example.

He didn't start of as the International Class player he is now, and was often shoved off the ball pretty easily to begin with.

With the right coaching I think we could uncover a hidden gem in Zander tbh.

:rotflmao: :018: :thumb04:

No I never said that about them. What makes you say that?

I may have said Wood isn't SPL standard. But Duff and Vigurs certainly have the potential to be!

"Zander hasnt really had the chance to prove himself. What i have seen of zander hes a fast player and hes quite good with the ball at his feet. How do you no he cant score hes a midfielder not a striker"

He has been playing in the reserves and at Elgin so if you think he was decent for them he would've got a chance. He obviously wasn't and thats why he isn't getting a game in the 1st team. Also, have you ever heard of him scoring for the reserves? I think he scored 3 or 4 in a whole season at Elgin, which isn't good enough for a winger.

Guest Muir-Jaggie

No I never said that about them. What makes you say that?

I may have said Wood isn't SPL standard. But Duff and Vigurs certainly have the potential to be!

"Zander hasnt really had the chance to prove himself. What i have seen of zander hes a fast player and hes quite good with the ball at his feet. How do you no he cant score hes a midfielder not a striker"

He has been playing in the reserves and at Elgin so if you think he was decent for them he would've got a chance. He obviously wasn't and thats why he isn't getting a game in the 1st team. Also, have you ever heard of him scoring for the reserves? I think he scored 3 or 4 in a whole season at Elgin, which isn't good enough for a winger.

Well Duff, Vigurs & Wood were at the same level not that long ago and look how far they've come along. 3rd division and the reserves are on different levels to the SPL. Reserves have a few 1st team players who arent getting a game and players which are coming back from being out and there mixed with some under 19 players. 3rd division is full of part timers so zander would not be training every day (dont no anything about the 3rd division training the might)

3 or 4 for a whole season. Its Elgin here (nothing against them) but i think ICT will have better coaches and players to work with rather than Elgin

What? Are you actually trying to make a good point for Zander here?

Your saying the 3rd and reserve division are on a different standard. Yes they are...one a lot, worse. Which just shows that if he couldn't do it there then hows he going to do it in the SPL.

Zander trained full time with ICT as normal when he was on loan at Elgin, so you can't blame the coaches or anything. But if he had any quality he would be ripping up the 3rd division do you not think?

Zander is 2nd division standard at best. End of story.

So you clearly have a personality issue with him playing for ICT which is why you choose to argue so strongly against him playing for us? :rotflmao:

Having said what I did earlier though, he is a good player IMO, but there's not a chance I'd start him ahead of Morais, Foran, Imrie, Vigurs etc..

On the very few games he has played for ICT he always looked a threat. While he is not the biggest or the strongest he was always good with the ball, quick and had a good delivery on him for a cross. Something that the likes of Imrie most certainly do not have. An end product.

Edited by ajsict92

Personally I prefer not to take heed of what folk, who dont have an honest clue, say about individual players. I rather take it that the people involved in the development and coaching of the players on a day to day basis do know what is needed and whether or not a player will make the grade.

Zander is small and light and I think would struggle against some of the big boys of the game but I think there is also times when his type can make a difference. Just now its strength and experience we need if we are to survive.

Also, at the minute he is in the same boat as everyone else who is out of contract in the summer. They all, players and management, want to know what division before they contemplate any committment.

Think it is quite probably the end for Zander as an SPL player. To be honest, it never really began. He'll find his level at Div 2 at best and may surprise in years to come but I don't think so. We all want to see Highland boys do well but we shouldn't be blinded in our view by where they come from. Would there be the same defence of his ability or alleged lack of opportunity if he came from Hamilton? I doubt it.

Wish him all the best where ever he ends up but he is not an SPL player.

It could be the end for an enormous number of players unless we take St Mirren seriously and start believing unless we stop getting complacent we will get relegated and plunge into a great dark hole. In the games remaining players may still become heroes and Zander may still steal some glory. Equally Barrowman may come good.

Zander is a talented young player but I'm not sure he's equipped, in terms of stature, to be an SPL level player.

Quite

Jimmy Johnson - sh1te

Gordon Strachan - cr4p

Archie Gemmill - rubb1sh

Zander has nevr been given a full tryout, but from what I have seen he has a lot to offer, at this level.

Whenever I've seen him play for the first team he's been very impressive, one of the best attacking players on the pitch on more than one occassion. What are we lacking at the moment? Skill, creativity, trickyness, pace, quality deliveries. He has all of that in spades and could be a huge player for us (no pun intended) if he were given the chance. That's the frustrating part, he seems to be getting condemned based on pre-suppositions about his physique rather than his performances on the pitch.