FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

New 5 A Side/sports Centre At Inshes

FortressICT

Sign up at the field below inshes primary school that a 5 a side/sports centre thing is to be build there.

Should be superb in my opinion as i live near it.

Could maybe start up the CTO football again, indoor 5s book it for a specific time/day everyweek. But thats a long way away.

Fantasic news. Hopefully it will be like Goals in Aberdeen and you get leagues set up. Hopefully it won't be like Strikers where players assault you and threaten the ref if they lose their 2 and a half year winning streak against your team :rotflmao:

• 5 months later...

Fantasic news. Hopefully it will be like Goals in Aberdeen and you get leagues set up. Hopefully it won't be like Strikers where players assault you and threaten the ref if they lose their 2 and a half year winning streak against your team :006:

You mean the same kinda thing that Leisure League's and Football Mundial run from the Bught Astroturf every week?

its still a crackin idea in my opinion. Might give the kids somethin to do apart fae hangaround street corners

Dont kid yourself. Kids have soo much to do these days they dont know where to start. They would rather mump and moan about having nothing to do.

Ad love these kids to sample a little of my life growing up in the 70s, make em appreciate exactly what they do have!

Edited by SMEE

its still a crackin idea in my opinion. Might give the kids somethin to do apart fae hangaround street corners

Dont kid yourself. Kids have soo much to do these days they dont know where to start. They would rather mump and moan about having nothing to do.

Ad love these kids to sample a little of my life growing up in the 70s, make em appreciate exactly what they do have!

If you have money theres plenty to do , not so much if your skint .

Couldn't agree more.

I was skint as a kid, and was NEVER short of something to do! And that was before community centres, sports centres, snooker and pool halls, puggies, xbox, ps3,DVDs and everything else they have now

Smee, my good man I would have to agree with you on this one. I was bought up in Australia/South Africa on farms and no we weren't skint but on the other hand we weren't rich either but we always found things to do and I don't just mean farming. SOME kids nowdays just don't want to do anything apart from PS, Xbox and Wii. An example: Today I was going to Aberdeen to have one of my bikes tested by VOSA and the 15 yr old son of a friend was going to come with me to help load/unload the bike. When I turned up to pick him up he was in his bed and not wanting to come because he was "not well". His mother told me as soon as he saw the car he ran upstairs and jumped into bed and I'm sure as soon as I left he was back down on his Xbox. Now he could have had a nice day out chatting about bikes, I would have bought him lunch and slipped him ?20 for helping me. Instead he stayed in front of the TV on his Xbox. So all those that go on about nothing to do seem to think they were the only ones that were teenagers. Newsflash: us older folk weren't born 40. Anyway rant over, F%$%$%$^&ing brats who needs em? :blink:

Edited by Oz647

nothingike football to get kids off the streets and have a reason to do something.strathspey thistle set up a youth development scheme at end if july and has over 100+ kids registered already and climbing every week,they play in under 13,15+17 leagues and have enough players in each section to field 2 teams of same age,yet every other team in league seems to pull out due to lack of players!

Would love to get some 5 a side for the over 30s or in my case over 40s in Inverness, if anyone is up for it give me a shout and we can see if we can get anything organised

I might be up for that. Really need to start getting exercise. Ad qualify for the over 40s from next May Stevie :blink: . Where exactly is it due to be built? Anywhere near the vets?

Is that a suruptitious dig at me there DC.....since am on a low income? :P Pot and kettle an all that :P

Am gonna leave it a bit nearer to xmas to get the xbox DC. No point getting it now and losing a few months of the warranty, just incase its needed. I sounded him out about it the other day, and he deffo has his heart set on one

Why's it just the over 40's you're wanting to play?

Used to have a kickabout with people on the forums last summer up at Balloch pitches and was quite decent. Action Man doesn't seem to be on this anymore though, and it was him that organised it. I think.

Would be good to get a few people to arrange a kickabout once every week or 2 from this.

When you get to near 40 yrs old, and your metabolism has slowed down etc etc...you will understand why you only want OAPS playing :D

When you get to near 40 yrs old, and your metabolism has slowed down etc etc...you will understand why you only want OAPS playing :002:

Exactly the other stipulation could be very unfit under 30s as well :lol:

Used to have a kickabout with people on the forums last summer up at Balloch pitches and was quite decent. Action Man doesn't seem to be on this anymore though, and it was him that organised it. I think.

Would be good to get a few people to arrange a kickabout once every week or 2 from this.

Kev was only as us old ones wouldn't want to hold the young un's back.