Matchday Thread: Ict -v- Hamilton

Scotty

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ok whew, got something there. Kept those time wasting match spoilers in the dogfight.

I reckon if we can win 2 games in the next 5. I'd see St Mirren and Kille as our best chances given our head to head records (not recent form)

We can manage draws against Falkirk and Accies Im sure. If this was to happen I thing we'd be safe.

Then any positive result against 'Well would be a bonus. Our form against them is woeful in the last two years. I cant see us getting anything against them. Then again St Mirren managed it so who knows.

We were simply dreadful today and didn't deserve anything from the game.

The ref was incompetent at best and Hamilton started time wasting in the first half but that doesn't excuse the p**h we were served up :rotflmao:

Questions have to be asked over Butchers selection of players. I doubt even clueless Craig could have come up with such a bizarre notion as playing Duncan on the right!!!! Mind boggling really and surprise, surprise it didn't work.

Black, Esson & Tokley are about the only players who can hold their heads high after that display. I thought Imrie, Proctor, Morais & especially Foran were rank rotten.

The end of the season can't come soon enough for me as I can't stomach watching c**p like that week in week out.

I will take a point. We were dire in the first half, and only marginally better in the second. Having said that, Hamilton weren't really any better. Let's just thank our lucky stars that Falkirk didn't pick anything up against Hearts.

Thought Tokely had a pretty solid game at the back. Esson didn't really have that much to do, Black and Kerr were alright in the second half. Foran and Imrie were pretty much awful.

I have never, EVER seen a team that time-wasted and threw themselves to the floor as much as Hamilton. Can totally see what Craig Levein was on about. It was a disgrace. And the ref didn't even book one of them. He was just as much of a joke - absolutely abysmal. How could book Black, but not their number 8 and 18 (although 18 eventually went in the book), I will never know.

There is a lot of work still to be done and if we are to stay in the SPL, we are going to have to play a lot better than that. Come on ICT.

I agree , the ref was an absolute joke ,

Hamilton are nothing more than cheating time wasters , even the commentator on the radio said it :rotflmao:

I was so relieved we got that goal , nervous times ahead now though :thumb04:

Edited by Fanoffooty

That was utterly grim, I don't think that I've had such a bad time at an ICT game, full stop. The numptie threatening to punch me at the end wouldn't have mattered either; I was past caring at that point. I didn't think that Duncan did too badly, given that he was out of position, but we really need more from the front men and they don't seem capable right now.If the season ended now, I'd be happy.

That Ref was a plank. Completely.

A pretty poor performance today, but we were playing the dirtiest, most negative team in the country I suppose. At least we got a better result than we have previously against the Accies this season, and if it hadn't been for Morais and Imrie missing a couple of absolute sitters we would probably have won the game.

I don't think it'd be an exadaduration to say that Hamilton were a disgrace to scottish football today. Their cynical fouling, dangerous late challenges, diving, injury feigning and time wasting were the worst I've ever seen at any level of football and I sincerely hope they're relegated.

Agree with the above. Hamilton were a disgrace, and the SPL would be well rid of them. Having said that, we were woeful in the first half and only slightly better in the second - the work rate increased but that was about it. Never has our lack of a striker been more obvious than today. It took a big deflection from a scuffed midfielders shot to get us our goal, but thank god for it! Imrie in particular was an empty shirt today, but tbh nobody really shone. Nervous times ahead for sure, but we are four points off the bottom and not four points adrift as we were under the previous regime.

Not listened to or seen the match, so can't comment too much, only to say that if we can't beat Hamilton on a dismal run in our backyard, then I fear for our chances.

Really, we can only hope the Bairns don't recover any form.

Although we were dreadful today esp in the 1st half I've never seen such a cynical team as Hamilton. Billy Reid has been nominated for manager of the year and they have been praised for doing well in the SPL. Well what a lot of cheats. They were a big physical team that dropped at any contact and as for the ref don't get me started - I think conned is the word! They time wasted at every opportunity especially at goal kicks and substiutions. As some points the ball seemed never to be in play at all. I now know who I want to see relegated. However, I continue to worry about us as we are still not playing well except in the last 5 minutes.

Certainly the most uncomfortable 90 minutes of online listening I've had for a very long time indeed. We got out of jail today and no mistake - Kerr's goal could turn out to be an absolute life saver for us as an SPL side. Sounded as if we really missed Pavels, but what was Morais thinking of to give away the free kick that led to their goal ?

I'm sure glad I didn't put in the 394 miles from here and back to see that performance.

Its more of a point gained as we didn't look like we were capable of scoring in the second half.

The Kerr goal was scrappy but hugely important and the first time in months i felt like hugging everyone around me.

Although we played badly in the first we were unlucky not to win looking back over the whole game. We had blackies shot just over, morais through on goal and dougie missing a sitter in the 2nd. Hamilton had their free-kick (which should have been defended better) and one chance on the edge of our box saved by the impressive esson.

Saw the importance of roscoe in todays match. When the fans were quiet the only man you could hear shouting on the park was tokely, telling everyone else to pick up their game. He showed passion and commitment, give that man the armband.

Could turn out to be a BIG point. Hamilton are another team who has a strange hold over us, maybe because of their disgraceful tactics, so a point was a good result. Now we have 5 games left, if we win 2 of those we are safe.

we are staying up, we are staying up. :thumb04: :rotflmao:

Did anybody see just before Hamilton got their free kick for a dive at the other end Imrie was completley taken out after he had released the ball and the ref going to blow for the foul then seeing Hamilton were actually atacking and just let play on then they get the foul and score. Plus the lines man on the main stand side watched several fouls and handballs and dives and never once lifted his flag other than to give an offside against us.

Pathetic there must be something put in place in Scottish football where bad refereing performances like that get looked at and the officials either put down a league or fined for incompetece