FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

The Final Match Of The Season

Kingsmills

Now that the post split fixtures have been announced and that our final game of the season is at home to Falkirk, there's a slightly perverse part of me hoping the relegation issue is still alive by then.

Can you imagine the excitement and tension of the occasion if the drop to the first division was riding on 90 minutes of football at the TCS ? There would be a full house and huge media attention. The importance of the fixture would eclipse both our Scottish Cup semi finals and the promotion clincher against St Johnstone. I think it would be the greatest and most important match ever to be staged in the Highlands.

On the other hand, the more rational and logical side of me tells me that it would be in the interests of all concerned for us to maintain at least the 4 point gap that currently exists between us and the Bairns so that the match becomes another largely meaningless end of season fixture with the greatest excitement being generated by the now traditional arrival of the Highland Marchers in the ground.

Still, I can't get the thought of the prospect of the former scenario out of my mind.

Edited by Kingsmills

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Falkirk games being kicked off at 12.30 ye?

I would prepare to stand inside the ground if our hopes of staying up rested with someone elses results.

CaleyD, can you arrange to play the 'important' fixture, whoever it may be, down the tanoy if required. I think i wouldnt be the only one willing to stay in the staduim for a further 90minutes. Even better, get a big screen and show the game. :rotflmao:

Edited by stevenwebster

Orite, i had it into my head that it was at 12.30 :rotflmao:

I found the index of smileys last night, hence the spam :D:thumb04::P:spam01::018::spam01:;):spam01::lol::spam01::015:

Edited by stevenwebster

ok :thumb04:

i feel sadend by the thought of relegation :018: now i know what it feels like to be a St Mirren and Clyde Supporter :rotflmao:

Now that the post split fixtures have been announced and that our final game of the season is at home to Falkirk, there's a slightly perverse part of me hoping the relegation issue is still alive by then.

Can you imagine the excitement and tension of the occasion if the drop to the first division was riding on 90 minutes of football at the TCS ? There would be a full house and huge media attention. The importance of the fixture would eclipse both our Scottish Cup semi finals and the promotion clincher against St Johnstone. I think it would be the greatest and most important match ever to be staged in the Highlands.

On the other hand, the more rational and logical side of me tells me that it would be in the interests of all concerned for us to maintain at least the 4 point gap that currently exists between us and the Bairns so that the match becomes another largely meaningless end of season fixture with the greatest excitement being generated by the nor traditional arrival of the Highland Marchers in the ground.

Still, I can't get the thought of the prospect of the former prospect out of my mind.

Great post, Kingso, but my poor old heart will be quite happy if we are well out of any relegation tussle. I will be quite thrilled if Falkirk's status depends on the game though. If it was between them and Hamilton, I would be quite happy for them to beat us. :rotflmao:

On the other hand, the more rational and logical side of me tells me that it would be in the interests of all concerned for us to maintain at least the 4 point gap that currently exists between us and the Bairns so that the match becomes another largely meaningless end of season fixture with the greatest excitement being generated by the nor traditional arrival of the Highland Marchers in the ground.

Still, I can't get the thought of the prospect of the former prospect out of my mind.

It just makes me nervous thinking about it, but how fantastic it would be if we won !

If we lost, well it just doesnt bare thinking about

To be honest i'd feel better if we were assured safety before May 23rd

It's going to be a game to remember anyway. There will certainly be alot of emotion at full time, hopefully bad for Falkirk, good for us.

Unfortunately our team has shown this season that when the pressure is on in the crucial games, they bottle it and put in a terrible performance. If we go into that last game needing a result, we will get relegated.

Edit to add:

Examples of failing to rise to the occassion - v Falkirk in the league cup, v Falkirk in the Scottish Cup, v Falkirk recently in the league. Doesn't bode well!

Edited by Yngwie

Rory McAlister relegated them!

Of course...how did i forget? Thats it, he relegated them with the aid of Bambas boot in the last minute.

If Falkirk continue to have their injury problems up front then it could work in our favour. BBC pundits say they couldn't see where goals were going to come from for Falkirk atm.

Am i right in thinking we decided Dunfermlines fate 2 seasons ago?

In actual fact, had they won that game they'd still have been relegated. Dunfermline were 1-0 up with 15 mins to go. Charlie changed formation to 3-4-3. Hastings equalised from a free kick that DeVries fumbled then Rory scored a deflected shot from 25 yards out with two minutes to go.

Crowd that day 5,240

Highlight of the day......Barry Wilsons new blond head.

Unfortunately our team has shown this season that when the pressure is on in the crucial games, they bottle it and put in a terrible performance. If we go into that last game needing a result, we will get relegated.

Edit to add:

Examples of failing to rise to the occassion - v Falkirk in the league cup, v Falkirk in the Scottish Cup, v Falkirk recently in the league. Doesn't bode well!

Totally agree unfortunately.

My dream is still that Hamilton go down.

I really hope that we can score first against them next time and then make them suffer their own ghastly time wasting game.

ok :rotflmao:

i feel sadend by the thought of relegation :018: now i know what it feels like to be a St Mirren and Clyde Supporter :thumb04:

They have both been relegated, we have not so you don't know. Unless you are on methadone in which case you also know how it feels to follow County.

ok :018:

i feel sadend by the thought of relegation ;) now i know what it feels like to be a St Mirren and Clyde Supporter :rotflmao:

They have both been relegated, we have not so you don't know. Unless you are on methadone in which case you also know how it feels to follow County.

i ment fearing relegation, noty actually being relegated :thumb04:

My sister was also mascot for the Dunfermline game, all seems so long ago now. Completely slipped my mind :rotflmao:

I also used Dorus de Vries error and Dunfermlines relegation as plotline for my Standard Grade English Exam, got an A for that but i'm going off topic.

I agree with alimci, Hamilton have to be the most boring side i have ever seen play. I want them to get relegated.

Edited by ajsict92

I also used Dorus de Vries error and Dunfermlines relegation as plotline for my Standard Grade English Exam, got an A for that but i'm going off topic.

ooooo, intrested :rotflmao:

Discuss?