FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Team For Killie

CaleyMad

Swap Munro and Tokely around. I dont think Mcbain is good at playing on the right :blink: . Dont think Odhiambo is 100% fully fit just yet but he could be on the bench. He would bring great pace to the game

To be honest I would definitely rather have big Pavels at centre back over Munro, I think he and Rossco would form a pretty solid partnership. Tokely's centre back performances have been really pretty decent thus far and I think he's really suited to it. Hopefull Eric will get a decent run-out if he doesn't start; he's shown real promise and he'd give the Killie defense some grief for sure!!

Kilmarnock midfielder Craig Bryson and defender Simon Ford are both injury doubts ahead of the Scottish Premier League visit by Inverness.

Forward Danny Invincibile is still struggling with a hamstring strain.

Caley Thistle boss Terry Butcher has no fresh injury worries and his side could again be unchanged from midweek.

Midfielder Russell Duncan is fully fit after a hamstring injury but is unlikely to feature as both clubs look to secure their SPL survival.

Any new news on Kevin Kyle? I heard he picked up a knock against Midden and was a doubt?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ock/8051047.stm

"Kyle picked up a knock as he scored twice in a midweek win over St Mirren.

And his absence would be a blow with Killie needing a point against Inverness to secure their SPL status"

Guest Mahonio

If Kev Kyle is fit to play then we will have to be weary of him because he will want to prove a point after getting sent off against us last time out.

I AM NERVOUS ABOUT TOMORROW BUT AM BEFORE EVERY GAME, BUT DO EXPECT GOOD RESULT!!

Can not be stressed enough how dangerous Kevin Kyle is, he has scored the last 6 Killie goals!

Killie are often refered too on footballing forums as Kylemarnock these days such is the difference he brings to their team when he plays.

Signed in January if he had been fully fit and had not been out with injury for periods I have no doubt Killie would not be in the drop zone.

From the sounds of things, it's be a big striker like Kyle that Butcher intends bringing to Caley over the summer.

His physical presence is phenomenal, but we have proven before that we are a better footballing side than Killie and will just have to do so again on Saturday!

Pavels back, Tokely to Right back, and Proctor in midfield - no mcbain, he was invisible last 2 games.

Definitley Kyle needs to be watched. Look what he did at Falkirk! We have the defense to take him down though.

If Kevin Kyle does play, I'm putting my money on Ross Tokely to munch him in the first challenge and let him no he's there. :D Midden fans are saying that John Potter just stood off him all game, and as soon as some other CB came on, he clattered into Kyle and they didn't hear or see him for the last 30 mins of the game. I would have:

Esson

Proctor - Tokely - Munro - McBain

Morais - Black - Kerr - Imrie

Foran - Odhiambo

ICT 3-2 Kylemarnock. But if Kyle doesnt play I think we could win comfortably at 2-0 or 3-1

If Kevin Kyle does play, I'm putting my money on Ross Tokely to munch him in the first challenge and let him no he's there. :D Midden fans are saying that John Potter just stood off him all game, and as soon as some other CB came on, he clattered into Kyle and they didn't hear or see him for the last 30 mins of the game. I would have:

Esson

Foran - Odhiambo

ICT 3-2 Kylemarnock. But if Kyle doesnt play I think we could win comfortably at 2-0 or 3-1

Lionel instead off Mcbain and i dont think Odhiambo is fully fit

a think its reasonable to say it will be the same team as hamilton and motherwell......terry hasnt changed the team as we are on an unbeaten run, whereas if he did and we were beat, people would rage because we were doing well.

i personally think if we pull the performance off that we did at motherwell, we should be alright. we need to, NEED to get three points though!

Fraser

Tokely Mihadjuks Munro McBain

Morais Black Kerr Imrie

Foran Odihambo

I know Odihambo's may not be match fit but I'd still prefer to have him on the park for his pace than Barrowman.

Pavels back into the centre - although in most other respects he's played well, that's two games in row that the player Tokely is marking has scored headed goals from set pieces. Pav jumps better and would be more effective against Kyle.

McBain for Lionel because he's a lot less likely to make some horrible defensive blunder and he sticks to his man well.

Edited by alternative maryhill

I know Odihambo's may not be match fit but I'd still prefer to have him on the park for his pace than Barrowman.

I'd rather have Lionel up front than Barrowman... He's a diddy. Every time he's subbed on he makes no influence at all, other than capably managing to slow our attack by around 50%.

Hope to see him away in summer.

Esson

Foran - Odhiambo

Lionel instead off Mcbain and i dont think Odhiambo is fully fit

Lionel is a bit of a bomb scare at times. McBain has played left back a few times this season and done well. And I would rather have Odhiambo on crutches than Andy Barrowman.......

Why do some people want Mcbain at left back :D He's meant to be left mid not left back he's only used there if they dont have anyone else to play in that position. Hastings or Lionel any of them will do

Why do some people want Mcbain at left back :D He's meant to be left mid not left back he's only used there if they dont have anyone else to play in that position. Hastings or Lionel any of them will do

McBain has played far more often as a midfielder, but that doesn't mean he isn't "meant" to be a defender: he can be either. I've seen him play at left back for us many times over the years and he's usually been pretty solid. As I said on my earlier post, I just think he's a safer bet defensively than Lionel: he is calmer passing out of defence and less likely to be turned or lose the player he is marking. Hastings has had very little football in the last few months whereas McBain has been playing fairly regularly, so that's why Roy would get the nod ahead of Richard for me.

really do have to bring pavels back to defend against Kyle.

I know Butcher wont want to change a team thats doing well, but surely LOSING two goals means we have to have a change in defence, even though we are cancelling them out by scoring too?