FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Belladrum

I have only missed 1 year since the beginning, unfortunately that was the year James were playing. I am not overly excited about this year's line-up but Bella is a magical setting for a festival and the kids are well catered for.

My other festival this year will be Loopallu since Connect was cancelled due to the credit crunch.

Am hoping to be there this year again. Havent bought tickets yet. Normally have bought them long before now, but have had a busy few weeks (financially) with other gigs to pay for.

Dont wish to rub it in....but James (my second fave music act) were excellent at Belladrum!

Am hoping to be there this year again. Havent bought tickets yet. Normally have bought them long before now, but have had a busy few weeks (financially) with other gigs to pay for.

Dont wish to rub it in....but James (my second fave music act) were excellent at Belladrum!

I heard the James set was amazing and they stepped in to cover for another act who couldn't make it so the set was 2+ hours long. I have seen James a few times in the early 90's so I can live with missing that one.

I think the attitude to approach Belladrum with is, dont be expecting a mouthwatering/world beating line up, its more about discovering new up and coming bands. I really enjoy the vibe of the festival. Also love trying all the different food thats available there. Its just a great way to spend a couple of days :mellow: Hope i can afford it this year. Only two weeks to go on saturday!

I think you are right with that Smee, one of my favourite acts there (and they are becoming like a part of the furniture) are the Dangleberries. You get double value from them too because they always end up doing another performance at the bar area and end up on the **** with everyone there.

Aye George...The Dangleberries are always good craic. We normally catch them at the big tree about 6 ish, a while after their main stage appearance. I think they usually hang about and take in the whole festival

I can't wait now, I keep promising my self I will stay soberish and enjoy the whole festival but I can never keep that promise.

Am the opposite George. I am sober all weekend. Mainly coz my mate doesnt drink, so not gonna start beers on my own. And being honest...am not drinking much these days, so would probably be back and fore to the bog and miss half the festival.

Aye, I was at it the year James were playing. Only year I've been though.

Had a decent line-up that year with Amy MacDonald, Kate Nash, The Pigeon Detectives and The Alabama 3 all on the bill.

Haven't been motivated to go since though.

James played a crackin' set at T In The Park earlier this month aswell. :rolleyes:

Guest birdog

I'm going too with my mega carry oot from the Thursday onwards

:drinking01: :drinking02: :drinking03: :drinking04: :drinking05: :drinking07: :drinking08: :drinking09: :D :drunk01: :music02: :music03: :music04: :music05: :party01: :party02: :party03:

According to the tickets the camping opens on Friday at 1300hrs. I think this might be a mistake, if not a typo then a mistake to have it open so late.

Guest birdog

Nah it'll be the festival arena that opens sometime after noon on Friday.

The campsite will no doubt be open on the Thursday night for those with weekend tickets.

I understand what you are saying and I agree with you that like last year it would make sense to open the camping areas on Thursday, I hope they do, but to quote the ticket

Camping area gates open at 1.00pm on the 7th and close at 1.00pm on the 10th

I believe this to be a typo as I can't see camping being open two days after the festival closes, I will mail the organisers tomorrow and confirm what is happening. If we are right and this is a typo then it means that those of us who have the info are assured of the best camping spots on the Thursday :D

i'll be there :lol:

have also seen james a few times and they are just the biz!!

maybe they'll appear at loopy...

james Rule! But Alas maimie, i heard a wee rumour that any acts that play T-In The Park, have to sign a contract stating they wont play any other festivals in Scotland. And James played main stage again at T a few weeks back. Not sure if rumour is true tho :ohmy:

Guest birdog

Even after my misbehaviour with regard to this site I'd like to suggest a CTO meet-up at Bella to gather round a radio and listen to the open all mics broadcast, with mobiles at hand for twitter updates and a few beers at three PM on the Saturday.

I am a reformed character and promise not to cause any hassles. :ohmy:

• 2 weeks later...

Even after my misbehaviour with regard to this site I'd like to suggest a CTO meet-up at Bella to gather round a radio and listen to the open all mics broadcast, with mobiles at hand for twitter updates and a few beers at three PM on the Saturday.

I am a reformed character and promise not to cause any hassles. :)

Whats radio frequency for open all mics ?

Whats radio frequency for open all mics ?

Usually 94.1 but can be on 104.9.

i'm up for a meet but it depends on what bands are on when... wouldn't want to miss something i've waited ages to see!

only been once a long time ago so - where's the meet? somewhere easy?

i have permission to abuse you if you do! :D

Guest birdog

i'm up for a meet but it depends on what bands are on when... wouldn't want to miss something i've waited ages to see!

only been once a long time ago so - where's the meet? somewhere easy?

I am a reformed character and promise not to cause any hassles. :blink:

i have permission to abuse you if you do! :wacko:

The big feck off meeting place lump of wood could be a good place. Not sure how we'd recognise each other but if you see a crop haired getting on a wee bit bloke with a fully rigged sailing ship and sailor girl tattooed on his right arm and neptune and "caley" tattooed on his left arm there's a good chance that's me.