FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

ICT v Albion Rovers : Match Thread

MissICT

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FT 4-0. Still very early days, but the last 2 cup results, after such a shaky start against Montrose, are very encouraging - suggests that the team has a lot of hunger and that the new players are really trying to prove themselves and cement their places. Good result for County tonight too though, unfortunately. On the other hand, Partick are having a pretty horrible start to the season - hope they don't start finding form a week on Sunday.

Not a bad evening's work, have to say I thought Albion were a better team than Stranraer were, but in the first half we looked like we could score at will (apart from that very nervy opening few minutes). Hayes was unplayable at times - I think TB switched him round with Eagle because it was unfair on the Albion no. 3 to have to play against him for the whole match. Eagle himself did enough to shut up some of his critics; his goal, and the build up to it from Hayes, was the outstanding moment of the game.

Our whole midfield were pretty darn good tonight, but the jury is still out on the front men, especially Rooney, who probably should have had a few more to add to his one tonight.

Is it just me, or was Bulvitis an absolute country mile offside for the third? Everyone was looking at the stand-side linesman waiting for him to put up his flag...

Not a bad evening's work, have to say I thought Albion were a better team than Stranraer were, but in the first half we looked like we could score at will (apart from that very nervy opening few minutes). Hayes was unplayable at times - I think TB switched him round with Eagle because it was unfair on the Albion no. 3 to have to play against him for the whole match. Eagle himself did enough to shut up some of his critics; his goal, and the build up to it from Hayes, was the outstanding moment of the game.

Our whole midfield were pretty darn good tonight, but the jury is still out on the front men, especially Rooney, who probably should have had a few more to add to his one tonight.

Is it just me, or was Bulvitis an absolute country mile offside for the third? Everyone was looking at the stand-side linesman waiting for him to put up his flag...

The ball was cut back from the byline.

Good first half from us after a slow start Bully and Rossco rightly booked, Hayes is a pocket rocket and Foran was good without scoring. Albion Rovers deserved a goal, their No11 was tricky and they kept going right to the end as we dried up. Eagle scored the pick of the goals and had a decent game.

Second half petered out but all credit to a plucky Rovers for keeping the score down and having a go.

Plus points to Cox Grant Eagle Foran and..........the rest were just average, with Rossco being surprisingly off colour and Stratford doing, well, doing just nothing.

Pretty much what I had hoped for/expected tonight. Same as the Stranraer game in so much as we went out there in the first half and got the job done, then in the second we just held possession and made Albion Rovers run around chasing it.

Hayes and Eagles were commanding the wide areas all evening with the help of Rosscoe and LDZ....Hayes in particular seemed to be involved with everything and even when he and Eagles were switched they still continued to play well.

Rooney scored one tonight, but couldn't buy a second (or more). Couple of times a defender managed to tip it off the toe of Rooneys boot, the keeper had a couple of blinding saves and it just didn't seem his night for getting a break.

And yeah....before someone else says it, I did screw up one sub announcement...big style (totally wrong team) :lol: