FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Team for Partick

Renegade

After a right shocker, it's time to change it around and first and foremost, bring back attacking football. 3-5-2 for me:

------------------------------------------Esson---------------------------------------------------

------------Tokely-----------------------Munro----------------------Golabek------------------

------------------------------------------Duncan------------------------------------------------

----------------------------Cox--------------------------McBain--------------------------------

---Hayes-------------------------------------------------------------------------Djebi-Zadi---

---------------------------Foran-------------------------Rooney-------------------------------

Subs - Allison, Sanchez, Barrowman, Proctor/Bulvitis, Eagle

If ICT want to win the league this season, attacking football has to return. I'm going with a very attacking 3-5-2. Esson is goal, Tokely moves into the right side of midfield, Golabek on the left, with Munro in the centre playing a sort of sweeper/libero role. Tokely and Golabek should go forward at times, taking turns about, with Munro and Duncan hanging back. Duncan comes in for Stratford in a sort of holding role at the back of the midfield. Cox stays in alongside McBain. Experience is needed in the midfield, and Duncan and McBain can provide that. The job of Cox and McBain should be to ping the ball out wide to Hayes and Djebi-Zadi. Hayes is on the right wing constantly making long runs up the wing. He could also try cutting inside and having a shot. Djebi-Zadi is re-introduced and once again I've placed him at left-wing. He should use his height and pace to run at the opposing full-back as Hayes would do on the right. Again, attacking was always his strongest point and in this position, should he make a blunder, it wouldn't be as suicidal as it would be at the back. There are also players back to cover him. Rooney starts up front with Foran. The tacics once again are simply keeping the ball down as much as possible, playing the ball wide as much as possible.

Edited by Renegade

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After a right shocker, it's time to change it around and first and foremost, bring back attacking football. 3-5-2 for me:

------------------------------------------Esson---------------------------------------------------

------------Tokely------------------------Munro----------------------Golabek-----------------

------------------------------------------Duncan------------------------------------------------

----------------------------Cox--------------------------McBain--------------------------------

---Hayes-------------------------------------------------------------------------Djebi-Zadi---

---------------------------Foran-------------------------Rooney-------------------------------

Subs - Allison, Sanchez, Barrowman, Proctor/Bulvitis, Eagle

If ICT want to win the league this season, attacking football has to return. I'm going with a very attacking 3-5-2. Esson is goal, Tokely moves into the right side of midfield, Golabek on the left, with Munro in the centre playing a sort of sweeper/libero role. Tokely and Golabek should go forward at times, taking turns about, with Munro and Duncan hanging back. Duncan comes in for Stratford in a sort of holding role at the back of the midfield. Cox stays in alongside McBain. Experience is needed in the midfield, and Duncan and McBain can provide that. The job of Cox and McBain should be to ping the ball out wide to Hayes and Djebi-Zadi. Hayes is on the right wing constantly making long runs up the wing. He could also try cutting inside and having a shot. Djebi-Zadi is re-introduced and once again I've placed him at left-wing. He should use his height and pace to run at the opposing full-back as Hayes would do on the right. Again, attacking was always his strongest point and in this position, should he make a blunder, it wouldn't be as suicidal as it would be at the back. There are also players back to cover him. Rooney starts up front with Foran. The tacics once again are simply keeping the ball down as much as possible, playing the ball wide as much as possible.

But if i needed to pick a team...yours would be spot on :cdn-flag:

For once your rationale actually brings some sense but the system is too radical a change. Unfortunately it is too early to make mass changes but a few of the players are - or should be - in Last Chance Saloon. I would have hoped that Butcher may use the Well Cup Tie to have a look:

At Motherwell I would go:

ESSON

TOKELY MUNRO BULVITIS GOLLY

DUNCAN or McBain

PROCTOR COX HAYES

ROONEY SANCHEZ / BARROWMAN (45 mins each)

I do feel that Eagle and Stratford should face the chop and Foran should be rested - then we look at how these fare aginst SPL opposition.

Then against Plastic Whistle we consider the same but may have to take Foran and Sanchez back but on a "warning".

Sutherland, Shinnie, Ross and Morrison should all be knocking on the first team door, with Rooney getting an extended run on the park. I know he has missed a few one on ones, but he is at least getting into those positions. Russell Duncan is a must to return at the expense of the ineffective Stratford. Eagle and Hayes must patrol the touchlines, anything else is criminal.

Aaarggghhh...stop suggesting three at the back - have you not noticed that barely anyone plays three centre-backs anymore?

Three at the back is countered by playing one striker - which leaves three men marking one man and allows the opposition to pack the midfield, which is where matches are ultimately won and lost.

Your formation reminds me of one I had great success with in Championship Manager 99/00, though.

.............................esson..............................

.....tokely.......bulvitis..........munro...........golly

.....hayes...............cox......................proctor

...................sanchez.......foran.................

..........................rooney.........................

:)

maybe...

Not too bad a selection but if it were me playing that team, Proctor would be on the right with Hayes on the left. Also don't fancy one up front and would go for Rooney, Foran and Sanchez as out and out strikers.

:)

maybe...

.....proctor...............cox......................hayes

...........................sanchez.................(sanchez playing behind the 2 strikers)

................... rooney.......foran..................

maybe this then?

Edited by mikeyboy

Motherwell:

Esson

Tokely Bulvitis Munro Golly

Proctor Cox Mcbain Hayes

Foran Barrowman

Give Proctor and Mcbain a run out. Also start with Barrowman up front with Foran see what those to are like together. If hes playing sh*t take him off SIMPLE

Partick:

Esson

Proctor Cox Duncan Hayes

Foran Sanchez

:sleep01: Thought we were gonna start to gel after the last couple of performances, but there is far too much inconsistency amongst us right now. I'd go with:

Esson

Eagle* Cox Duncan Hayes

Sanchez Rooney/Barrowman

Subs: Allison, Proctor, McBain, Rooney/Barrowman, Foran

* Eagle should be told he needs to impress in this game or his place is in serious doubt. Duncan comes in for the ineffectual Stratford.

Rooney or Barrowman starting upfront because..

1. Give Foran a much needed boot up the erse to show he is not going to just walk into the team with lacklustre performances.

2. Gives Rooney/Barrowman a chance to impress and show why they should be starting games.

---------------------Esson----------------------

--Tokely---Bulvitis----Murno---Golly-----

---Hayes---Duncan---Cox-----McBain----

------------Sanchez-----Foran------------

Foran wasn't that bad yesterday, he just got too isolated. He won plenty of headers but there isn't much he can do without anyone around him. If he's played correctly then he's absolutley key to us this season.

The job of Cox and McBain should be to ping the ball out wide to Hayes and Djebi-Zadi. Hayes is on the right wing constantly making long runs up the wing. He could also try cutting inside and having a shot. Djebi-Zadi is re-introduced and once again I've placed him at left-wing. He should use his height and pace to run at the opposing full-back as Hayes would do on the right. Again, attacking was always his strongest point and in this position, should he make a blunder, it wouldn't be as suicidal as it would be at the back. There are also players back to cover him.

:sleep01: Still going with this campaign..

:sleep01:

maybe...

I would go with this one with rooney leading the pack...

EDIT* except put eagle in instead of proctor

Edited by caleymad

The job of Cox and McBain should be to ping the ball out wide to Hayes and Djebi-Zadi. Hayes is on the right wing constantly making long runs up the wing. He could also try cutting inside and having a shot. Djebi-Zadi is re-introduced and once again I've placed him at left-wing. He should use his height and pace to run at the opposing full-back as Hayes would do on the right. Again, attacking was always his strongest point and in this position, should he make a blunder, it wouldn't be as suicidal as it would be at the back. There are also players back to cover him.

:sleep01: Still going with this campaign..

Aye, he'd give much more down the flanks than Eagle would/does.

......................Esson.....................

...tokely...Bulvitus...Munro...golabek

......................duncan.......................

...........hayes.....cox......mcbain...........

.......................foran.......................

....................barrowman..........................

Esson

Tokely, Bulvitis, Munro, Golabek

McBain, Cox, Duncan, Hayes

Foran, Sanchez

subs. Allison, Proctor, Stratford, Eagle, Rooney.

Time to use all the experience we have at our disposal, keep Eagle on the bench as he does have capability but he may be a player that makes more of an impact coming of the bench.

Don't think Barrowman should start actually. One mistake and the home fans will be on his back, and his confidence will more than likely be shot.

Go with Rooney and Sanchez for this one.

With Barrowman and Foran starting upfront v Motherwell

ajsict92 i would rather play Mcbain on the left than have him on the right. Maybe put Hayes on the right and Mcbain on the left. What i have seen of Hayes he can play on both wings and still do the job.

Only reason i went with it was because when Partick were playing us last season Roy started on that side and had a really good game, he even managed to get inside and have a couple of decent shots but either would suit me fine, as long as they both start.

Eagle :D :D :D :D :D

Man of the Match by far. Great speed, pace, skill, passing and shooting. Exactly what we need. He is a bit like Morais when he first joined doing all tricks and show-boating. Set himself up perfectly for his goal by getting passed 2 or 3 defenders and a beautiful turn and shots into the right side of the goal.

ICT'S MAN OF THE MATCH

Eagle - Can say no more. Superb. He is defo a SPL striker but with INVERNESS written all over him. Lets just hope he is with us for a year or two.

Thoses were the days.......