FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Team for Partick

Renegade

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to today's Courier, Butchers quite keen on starting with three strikers (Foran, Sanchez and Barrowman), and is looking at re-introducing Lionel Djebi-Zadi should Eagle be out so presumably that'll be three strikers with Lionel at left wing! Can't wait for the game now.

Also says that as well as Lionel, David Proctor and Russell Duncan are all in contention for a starting spot.

According to today's Courier, Butchers quite keen on starting with three strikers (Foran, Sanchez and Barrowman), and is looking at re-introducing Lionel Djebi-Zadi should Eagle be out so presumably that'll be three strikers with Lionel at left wing! Can't wait for the game now!

didnt see anywhere in the article where Butcher was quoted as saying that he was looking at re-introducing Lionel. (thankfully IMO)

Also says that as well as Lionel, David Proctor and Russell Duncan are all in contention for a starting spot.

That was the only reference to LDZ that i saw and the reporter is merely stating a fact that LDZ is available like any other un-injured player in the squad.

"Russell Duncan, Lionel Djebi-Zadi and David Proctor are in contention to start against fellow promotion hopefuls Partick ? who beat Dunfermline 2-0 last Saturday ? because Ross Tokely and Robert Eagle remain doubtful after injury ruled them out of the cup tie."

Quote from the article. That sounds to me like Lionel could be in Butcher's plans to start. Could also be Journalistic spin too of course.

Edited by Renegade

"Russell Duncan, Lionel Djebi-Zadi and David Proctor are in contention to start against fellow promotion hopefuls Partick ? who beat Dunfermline 2-0 last Saturday ? because Ross Tokely and Robert Eagle remain doubtful after injury ruled them out of the cup tie."

Quote from the article. That sounds to me like Lionel could be in Butcher's plans to start. Could also be Journalistic spin too of course.

Thats a quote from the reporter rather than Butcher. The article says that RD, DLZ and DP are all in contention, fair enough they are in contention but so is everyone else in the first team pool.

The reporter is quite simply adding column inches by stating what everyone knows, if tokers and eagle dont make it then RD, LDZ and DP could replace them. No where in the article does it give any details for what Butcher plans to do with line up. Words like player x is in contention and player x has done well and i might freshen the team dont really give us any info on the starting line up

maybe i'm just being pedantic because its a friday and am eagerly anticipating finishing work! :029:

i reckon it will be

esson

proctor - bully - munro - golly

foran - cox - stratford - hayes

barrowman - sanchez

From what was said in the Coureir earlier, I reckon we're far more likely to see three strikers tomorrow. Chances are it'll either be a 3-4-3 or a 4-3-3 formation.

Looks like Tokely isn't fit to play tomorrow which is a big blow. Eagle is also doubtful but that's no loss

We haven't won a league game at home since April so hopefully that changes tomorrow.

I'm getting nervous just thinking about todays game , what a downer Rossco's out .

We've got to win

we so much need a wee nudge up the table & a confidence booster for next weeks game against the Gypo's

Rossco's out for that one too :rolleyes:

Edited by Fanoffooty

oh that banter, It was a whooshtastic attempt but I'll take that, heres hoping CaleyMads not just read your post and run out the door for the bus......

http://stats.caleythistleonline.com/matches.php

Edited by Georgeios

I think it'll be

Esson

Proctor - Bulvitis - Munro - Golabek - Djebi-Zadi

Stratford - Cox

Hayes - Barrowman - Foran

although it's not the team I would have picked, which would be:

Esson

Proctor - Bulvitis - Munro - Golabek

Hayes - Duncan - Cox - McBain

Rooney - Foran

I think it'll be

Esson

Proctor - Bulvitis - Munro - Golabek - Djebi-Zadi

Stratford - Cox

Hayes - Barrowman - Foran

although it's not the team I would have picked, which would be:

Esson

Proctor - Bulvitis - Munro - Golabek

Hayes - Duncan - Cox - McBain

Rooney - Foran

Thinking about it I'd probably be happy to go with 2nd line up there, although with Sanchez or Barrowman for Rooney.