ICT V Ross County : matchday thread

Scotty

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Finally, what a pathetic crowd for a nice sunny day with no other local football as competition.

I am surprised there were so many !!! In the last few months fans have basically been told to turn up, sit down and shut up ..... my own personal response to that would be caught by the swear filter !

Someone has to make the fans feel welcome fast

Indeed

Wow. I cant believe we are in the final. Not the greatest game it has to be said. No one really stood out today. Foran or esson were the only contenders for MOM. A lot of people on here have been saying that eagle had a good game but i fot apart from his goal he was really poor and wasnt nearly as good as what nick ross was like last week. Can i ask Butcher to get that defence sorted as twice we let the ball bounce twice in the box and nearly gift a goal to county. Oh well we won. Bring on the final.

One goal in it and it was a fluke so County will feel robbed.

I think County can feel a little hard done by as they had a couple of decent chances in the second half and we didn't create a great deal. I thought we controlled the first half and it's a shame we couldn't kick on from there. The goal was indeed a fluke but as Robbo said shortly after the game, flukes like that can be the turning point in a club's season.

Let's hope so.

As I predicted in the 'Prices' thread, the crowd was *****. The pricing should habe been much more realistic.

As for the game, much better than last time we played them. Munro was excellent, Proctor did well too.

Foran and Sanchez both ran their socks off, as did Cox. Ok, he got a flukey goal, but Eagle is just mince. Not been impressed with him once this season. Far too lightweight, can't beat a man, and his crossing is woeful.

Hopefully this might kickstart our season, and it's good to have a final to look forward to.

Oh aye, Bulvitis almost produces a heart attack anytime the ball goes near him :021:

Agree about Eagle, he just looked so slow, and didn't have the ability to take on anyone it seemed.

Hayes was the complete opposite, can't wait to have him and Dougie on the wings soon, hopefully tear some defences a new ersehole.

I'll take that one, although it was a real scraped win. Agree with other posters, thought Esson was immense, Foran good, Hayes good,Cox also. Why does TB persist with Eagles? Poor laddie couldn't do a damn thing right today. Pushed on at the wrong times, dropped off at the wrong times and couldn't tackle. Goal was a cross, but thanks.

Interestingly, I asked the steward if I had to sit in the seat on my ticket to be told "you can sit wherever you want, and stand if you want as long as nobody's view is blocked" Obvious cave in MS and the club, so the only result has been humiliating headlines in the press over a non-issue. great.

We had yon wifey steward up Section G today, she checked tickets, and as I'd paid to get in mine was for Row D. She said aslong as there was seats up the back, and wasn't overcrwoded then I could sit there. Which was fair enough. She is lenient with the lads up the back and doesn't make any issues out of petty little things, which is great.

And she gives us Jelly Babies :021:

I can't believe that pish cost me ?15.

Bulvitis - Terrible, terrible player. What the hell has happened to him?? We need a decent centre back in January and get rid of this pretender.

Golabek - Guilty of crimes against the passing game. Long ball all day from him, just not good enough.

Duncan - as normal a liability in midfield.

Eagle - Didn't see the goal but my god he looks like the slowest winger ever. How the hell did he get a contract?!

Sanchez - I don't think we're playing him in the right place. If we could find a decent holding midfielder and play him with Sanchez in an attacking centre mid role behind the strikers, I think we'll see the best from him.

Foran - An immense shift from him today. Take a bow son.

I can't believe that pish cost me ?15.

Bulvitis - Terrible, terrible player. What the hell has happened to him?? We need a decent centre back in January and get rid of this pretender.

Golabek - Guilty of crimes against the passing game. Long ball all day from him, just not good enough.

Duncan - as normal a liability in midfield.

Eagle - Didn't see the goal but my god he looks like the slowest winger ever. How the hell did he get a contract?!

Sanchez - I don't think we're playing him in the right place. If we could find a decent holding midfielder and play him with Sanchez in an attacking centre mid role behind the strikers, I think we'll see the best from him.

Foran - An immense shift from him today. Take a bow son.

I agree with everything you said there.

Well I just got back a while and to put it bluntly, it was shocking. No fluency, no communication, no first touch. One up front pure an simple doesn't work, and doing that for a home game is madness. Butcher might talk the talk, but ICT looked hopeless today and had it been a game against a half decent side, it would've been a gubbing. Esson looked really good, Foran tried hard and Munro tried to hold it together the best he could. Duncan, Proctor and Bulvitis can just disappear as far as I'm concerned, the latter in particular was particularly pathetic. A fluke goal won it by Eagle, who did quite well from time to time, but does have periods when he disappears. Not the best passer of the ball either, but who in the ICT team really is? Thank goodness it didn't go to extra time as I don't think I could have put up with any more of that garbage. My results are as follows:

Esson - :021: :019: :thumb02: :thumb02: - Looked very good today. Did well with essentially very cross and had a couple of decent saves. Did even better considering the abysmal defence in front of him.

Proctor - :blink::blink::blink: - What was he thinking? Just rubbish. Can't pass, can't tackle, all in all can't defend. Tokely will be back soon and thank God for that, but where do you put him? The defence is falling to bits.

Bulvitis - :020: :020: :020: - Allow me to be frank, he's absolutely dreadful. Can't pass, can't head, can't even control the ball, and the less said about his attempts at "defending" the better. He's just atrocious.

Munro - :022: :022: :022: - Looked fairly solid and did the best he could with what he had. Kept it together to the best of his ability as well.

Golabek - :huh: - First time I've seen him in his second spell at ICT and half to say, I wasn't particularly impressed. Came into it a bit more towards the end of the game, but whatever happened to his overlapping runs and crosses fromt he byline into the box? Poor passing as well. I'd look at re-introducing McBain there, or going with Shinnie again.

Hayes - :022: :022: :022: - Put a lot of effort in and did quite well going down the wing.

Cox - :024: - A strange one is Mr Cox. Doesn't seem to be the player he was a couple of months ago at all....infact he's turned into Russell Duncan! Doesn't seem to ping the ball out as much anymore and fades away a heck of a lot. Seems to be a different player since he had his cast taken off.

Duncan - :mellow: - Must be the most hopeless player to constitently get a regular game over the last few years. Can't pass to save his life, can't control the ball....can't do anything really. Just all round poor. Bring back the Royster!

Eagle - :024: :022: - Scored a bizarre fluke of a goal and did well down the wing at times, but does seem to have patches where he fades away. Not the best passer of the ball either, a coupel of his crosses were okay, but not all of them.

Sanchez - :024: - Another one who put the effort in but doesn't seem to know what to do with ball at times.

Foran - :thumb02: :thumb02: :thumb02: :thumb02: :thumb02: - A decent shift my Mr Foran. Put the effort in all over the pitch, but desperately needs someone up there helping him. Did especially well considering the distribution to him was poor. Unlucky not to score a couple of times as well.

SUBS - Rooney - :024: - Put the effort in when he came on, but doesn't seem to know how to take his chances.

Stratford - :huh: - Unsurprisingly gave nowt as always in the short time he was on.

There was another sub going to come on in the last coouple of minutes but I couldn't tell if it was Barrowman or Ross. One of them had their shirt on and looked to be getting ready and then put their jumper backon and sat back down.

Butcher - :blink: - Sorry Terry but what were you thinking? 4-5-1 at home didn't work at all, and Foran should never be upfront by himself. Might have won today, but it was a fluke goal and had the opponent been decent, it would have been a gubbing. Need to sort that defence out ASAP, and drop the awful Proctor, Bulvitis, Duncan and even Golabek. Whatever happened to ball control? Whatever happened to passing? Whatever happened to communication? Whatever happened to keeping the ball of the deck? Far too many long ball again today and when ICT did get the passing going it was rubbish. Need to the fundamentals practices on the training ground.

Renegade Inc. Man of the Match - Esson and Foran (shared)

Renegade Inc. Wooded Spoon Award - Bulvitis

Edited by Renegade

And she gives us Jelly Babies :019:

I suppose thats a good thing now that the powers that be want to treat us like children... :021:

I saw the game on BBC Alba TV....kind of strange listening to it in differant language. I kept hearing the commentator refering the "jack in the box"....funny. As for the game is was rather poor. Again we couldn't string passes together and gave it away all too often. The goal was a fluke but I'll take it of course. County had their chances and struck the bar. Balance of play suggested a draw but I am more than pleased to be in the final. I hope this now kick starts our season.