FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

January signings

dam17

Could do with a sub goalie and another goalscorer (preferably someone good at set pieces), so if I were boss I'd be making a move for Rene Higuita. Scored 5 goals in 12 appearances for his last club. Bit of entertainment as well.

I never know if you are either joking in your posts of if you were dropped on your head when you were younger. Maybe it's a bit of both

Dont worry Ren, I like you :) :D

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would say the only position that is in need of adressing is CB as Bulvitus just doesn't look comfortable at times. I think we have a good forward line now and at CM Proctor and Duncan seem to be doing fine and we have Cox in reserve so are strong in the middle.

I think we should focus all of our efforts on getting rid of Barrowman he is truly a rubbish player.

I feel the return of Duff will be like a new signing for the team.

He is, in my opinion, an excellent defender just needing the likes of Munro and Rossco to assist in the fine tuning.

ICT fine tuning? Munro's hoofing needs no fine tuning, he's very adept at it and Roscoe is past his best.

Guest Mahonio

I would be looking to sign a experienced sub Goalie, a centre half just to have 4 players there and also Elliot on loan or Smith from Motherwell with Sutherland going out on loan.

for the centre half, i would either look at loaning a young old firm one or look at the Irish or lower English leagues and for our sub goalie well what about Olejnik or s**t i forgot St Mirrens from last year :022: :D :lol::lol: ?

I would say the only position that is in need of adressing is CB as Bulvitus just doesn't look comfortable at times. I think we have a good forward line now and at CM Proctor and Duncan seem to be doing fine and we have Cox in reserve so are strong in the middle.

I think we should focus all of our efforts on getting rid of Barrowman he is truly a rubbish player.

I don't agree. I still think Barrowman could come good. He did get on against Ayr and nearly scored.

If he gets on at all tomorrow I wouldn't be surprised if he scores. IMHO.

Barrowman is a proven goalscorer at Div 1 level but he's not going to get many chances in the team with the way others are scoring.

A central defender is a vital signing for us.

A financially strained club is hardly in a position to buy out contracts, cannot afford to bring in experienced and proven players and cannot move-on players that have , well, probably not cut the mustard at this time because who would pay enough to make it worthwhile.

The only upside is that even if players were moved on at little cost to ICT the savings in wages could be considerable.

Soooooo.....?

I personly think we have too many players that are a waste of space

e.g- Eagle, Odhiambo, Zadi, Stratford and one player I would not hesitate

to get rid of is Bulivitis. Although he scored last week he has become

unreliable at the back.

Get some one like David Barron(St Mirren) or Marc Twaddle(Falkirk)

unreliable at the back.

Odihambo IMO i havent seen much playing time for him but the other 4 id agree and i maybe just chuck Barrowman and Proctor in there aswell. We desperatly need a left back so that we can bring Golly back into the centre and take the armband off munro who couldnt captain a dinghy! if no decent left back then a strong centre back and a good central midfielder

ship out, LDZ, Bull, Buthcher and his team, and get in Robbo, Bazza and Wyness to see us through the end of next season, with the drop in wages from TB to Robbo we could afford to take in some Defenders, anyone to be honest and maybe off load Barroloads too...

unreliable at the back.

Odihambo IMO i havent seen much playing time for him but the other 4 id agree and i maybe just chuck Barrowman and Proctor in there aswell. We desperatly need a left back so that we can bring Golly back into the centre and take the armband off munro who couldnt captain a dinghy! if no decent left back then a strong centre back and a good central midfielder

Sorry forgot Barrowman.

Odhiambo is a bit of a panzy not terribly solid

has not impressed at all.

Proctor has been ok past few weeks.

odihambo is only just back from injury, give him a few games to get his match fitness back up.

Proctor aint been great these last few weeks and he wouldnt be missed

Fair point bout Odhiambo

Proctor has scored last few games can't drop him for that

Fair point bout Odhiambo

Proctor has scored last few games can't drop him for that

Yes, Proctor might not have X Factor but he has been scoring some vital goals for us recently. A useful utility player.

Today, against C**nty, Bulvitis was woeful and Odhiambo pranced about doing very little. These are both weak players who will do nothing to help us make progress.

TB has passion and is way up there in terms of achievement as a player but I feel someone like Robbo is what we need as manager- and I would love to see Bazza and Wyness back in some capacity.

Our problem, as far as signings are concerned is always one of geography. Our most settled and most effective players have always been those who come from a line north of Perth. Being in Div One should be the right time to rebuild from young or established talent from the North of Scotland as they are less likely to head back home to the Central Belt or elsewhere after a season or two (as have Dargo, Dodds, Rankine, Bingo etc.).

Our problem, as far as signings are concerned is always one of geography. Our most settled and most effective players have always been those who come from a line north of Perth. Being in Div One should be the right time to rebuild from young or established talent from the North of Scotland as they are less likely to head back home to the Central Belt or elsewhere after a season or two (as have Dargo, Dodds, Rankine, Bingo etc.).

How is that a problem for us and not for County??? How many players play for county who dont come from a line north of perth. If i was manager this what id be doing;

Bully and Barrowman would be loaned out in january to a team like Clyde so they can play without having any pressure on them to perform.

Id bring in a CB on loan from an SPL team(probably Aberdeen) til the end of the season and maybe try and sign an experienced Central Midfielder.

Other than that there aint much else we can do