ICT -V- QOS : matchnight thread

Scotty

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just thinking, it's not often that we win a "must win" game.

My thoughts exactly mate! Well done lads! The chase is on, and the county result? How could anything else have went our way...bar dundee playing and getting beat? But tonight was enough for me. Just hope all this effort isnt wasted come the end of the season!

Make it count boys!!!

Boo Yeah! It's game's like that you need to win and ICT delivered. It wasn't pretty mind - two teams playing puntastic tactics for most of the game and from what I can see, ICT either are too scared to, or just simply can't play a passing game. Despite Rooney's hat trick, he does seem a little isolated at times in this system - but his second goal was ace :) And despite his hat trick, he isn't awarded the Renegade MOTM - that goes to, and no your eyes don't deceive you - Russell Duncan! He was really good throughout and zipped the ball about the best I've seen him in many a season. Esson had little to do despite one decent save, while Proctor was okay. Of the rest of the backline, Golabek was okay at times but seems to keen to mindlessly hoof it, Munro was also okay, while Tokely hadn't a clue at centre half. It's not his position, he doesn't play well there - don't play him there! Hayes was good but not the best I've seen him, while I thought Foran had a poor game. Odhiambo was very quiet throughout a how he stayed the pitch as long as he did was mystery.

On the whole, a good win but a poor game on the whole. QOS were pretty poor but ICT's dull long ball game was ineffective most of the time. Bring back the simple passing game.

Hard fought win tonight. Proctor played at right back with Tokely in place of Bulvitis. Eric kept his place. He started slowly but the more attacking we did, the more prominent he became. Jonny Hayes, despite that haircut was teasing the Queens defence and Richie Foran was doing his usual stint, some great running on the left flank. The defence looked a bit hesitant at times and Proctor almost gifted an opening with a loose ball played across the face of our box. Hesitancy between the new pairing let Queens in but the attack was snuffed out eventually. Esson came to our rescue when Queens played in Holmes I think. He was on his own eighteen yards out but Ryan stood tall and blocked him as he tried to round him. An important save at that stage of the game. We threatened at the other end without troubling the keeper, Rooney curling just over from 20 yards. Hayes was probing, but the crosses were usually met with the head of big Marvin Andrews. Just before the break, Foran met a deep cross from Cox on the left side of the goal area and knocked it back across the box where Rooney arrived on the scene and knocked it in.

We almost scored at the start of the second half but the ball was cleared off the line and scrambled clear. We were starting to look more dangerous now. Rooney scored number two when little Jonny headed onwards and as he held off the defender he unleashed a shot from the edge of the box. It took a slight nick off the defenders challenge and beat the diving Hutton high up his right hand side. Superb diagonal runs by Rooney were threatening to realise more goals. Queens were thrown a lifeline when a needless challenge by Proctor or Munro brought down Weatherston on the left edge of the box. No danger of the Queens player going anywhere but the challenge was adjudged to be unfair and Holmes sent Esson the wrong way from the resultant spot kick. A few brief flurries from Queens were repelled by our improving back line and we were constantly hitting on the break. Rooney was everywhere and Foran was backing him up brilliantly. Jonny was now taking the mick as he toyed with the opposition to chants of ole.....ole.....ole.....booo as the final pass went astray.

A third goal arrived as Foran was bundled over inside the six yard box after bursting forward to meet another Lee Cox chip into the danger area. Rooney did the necessary to complete his hat-trick and a fabulous night for him. Golly took a nasty knock after he made a late tackle but he continued after treatment.

The final whistle was welcomed almost as loudly as the Ross County score. It had been a good night for ICT as we moved into second place on goal difference. The race for the title is hotting up, don't go away.

MoM, undoubtedly the clearest cut decision in the history of MoM awards, the man of the moment Adam Rooney.

We wanted Wayne but we don't care.....................He was ably assisted by Russell Duncan and Richie Foran. Lee Cox is another having a good spell, and his two assists are no surprise as he does not often waste balls. Defence had their moments and we looked uncomfortable at times, but Esson certainly earned his corn with that block in the first quarter. Eric has some superb touches when he has the time and some of his turns were sublime.

Overall, we deserved to win comfortably but made harder work of it than the fans would have liked, but 3-1 was just reward for all the hard work.

Bring on Morton on Saturday.

Edited by themann4thejob

Another day and another hat trick for Adam Rooney.

Pen was well taken and the other 2 strikes where immense. Our Irish trio cause Queens all kinds of problems all night. Eric, Coxy and Russeldinho also get my praise and Esson for that awesome save in the first half.

Queens still look a neat side but just didn't seem up for it for whatever reason.

I agree that the desire and work rate was there for all to see and if we replicate that for the rest of the season we will finish well.

Oh yeah, the tannoy and the ref :)

YES a great night all round with us winning and the other results going our way. Lets keep it going no silly mistakes on sat allowed. It was getting nervous at 2-1 after sat but no repeat thank goodness. Heard Billy Dodds on radio on way home bleating that only Dundee would be happy at the results but Im perfectly happy thank you very much,

However can we get an announcer who actually knows who our players are?

Good to see us beat one of the top teams so well lets carry this on hopefully. The rollercoaster continues .......

No bad at all, even with some OMG defending at times (cracking slice Grantie) and a dodgy ref. Was someone shooting at the QoS players? they kept going down with naebody within a mile of them. Curious. Adam Rooney - what a game, and Foran is getting back to his best. It looks like this team really are coming good at the right time, bring on Morton and the next midweek game.

I thought "narius" did well when he came on although he had obviously shrunk since saturday and got a tad swarthy. Bring back Don. Please. And thank you Raith Rovers. Thank you very much indeed. :D

Great result but I feared we'd pressed the self-destruct button again after needlessly conceding a penalty with the queen's player running away from goal!

Thankfully Rooney scored the decisive third from the penalty spot after Foran was hauled back inside the box when about to score from 6 yards (why the defender wasn't shown a red is beyond me.....but that was par for the course with the ref's performance the night!)

Some anxious moments in the first half though with Proc squaring the ball across the back four several times giving the ball away, but he's forgiven seeing as we won!

Now looking forward to Saturday. Please don't slip up against Morton :D if we can get to just 3 points behind Dundee they might just start to feel the pressure?

Renegade, you don't sit in the main stand, behind the home dugout, a row down from the walkway and have a fascination with flank by any chance do you?

:D :panda02:

a game of guess who Renegade is??? Me & mate were doing it the other day at the Dee game... both had completely different opinions

You're a man/woman of mistery Rene

Renegade, you don't sit in the main stand, behind the home dugout, a row down from the walkway and have a fascination with flank by any chance do you?

:rolleyes::lol:

a game of guess who Renegade is??? Me & mate were doing it the other day at the Dee game... both had completely different opinions

You're a man/woman of mistery Rene

Dalneigh Caley was it?

But seriously this could be the next big thing, or even a chant of "Are you the Renegade?..." That would be rather snazzy.