FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Amongst the jubilation, a lil realism

SMEE

Dont want to appear negative....coz am not trying to be...simply trying to be a REALIST. But...has anyone else got a niggling fear that our fanatstic run of 14 games may be due to come to an end just at the wrong time. It is some run to be on, regardless of what team you are...and the law of averages dictates that our bubble might well burst sometime soon,

I really hope not....but just curious to know if anyone else shares this worry?

We must remain positive and I think what's happened today is going to have a massive affect on our Management Team especially TB who is going to thrive on this and continue to drive everybody forward.

We as fans have also a huge part to play and make as much noise as possible.

Dont want to appear negative....coz am not trying to be...simply trying to be a REALIST. But...has anyone else got a niggling fear that our fanatstic run of 14 games may be due to come to an end just at the wrong time. It is some run to be on, regardless of what team you are...and the law of averages dictates that our bubble might well burst sometime soon,

Yeah i think we might have a wee blip but winning the League is within our grasp,

I believe the lads will achieve it :D :D :D

CMON ICT LETS MAKE HISTORY & GO STRAIGHT BACK UP :021: :021: :021:

if we're talking law of averages then we are so due, firstly, a result v county in the league and also a performance, plus we are also due 3 points off dundee so for me i'm more worried about playing the likes of the pars and queens

I am still a touch worried about the midweek County game but I really think if we win that the league is ours

When did we last lose a home evening fixture, Stevico?

No I don't think we are going to lose just that I think County are a decent side and it is no forgone conclusion.

I have tended not to believe but todays result is a fantastic one. It's all well and good beating the likes of Airdrie and Morton but to win this title you need to avoid defeat to your nearest challengers and win the odd game against them as well. A win against Partick is a fantastic result for us especially with Dundee and County drawing. I think we could afford a draw against County on Tuesday to be honest.

But remember every time we have won the league or been promoted we have always gone on a fantastic run of form. Its in our own hands now. Any one still think Tel and Mo should go????

There's a difference between wanting some to go, and not rating them.

We are the form team at the moment and the poor form of others must give the team confidence. We have taken 14 points from our last 6 games. Dunfermline have taken 10, Dundee and Queens 7 and County only 6.

If that was to be repeated for the next 6 games, we would have 66 points with one to play, Dundee would have 58 with 1 to play, Dunfermline 56 with none to play, County 50 with 4 to play and Queens 50 with 3 to play. In other words, if current form is maintained we could have the league sown up with still a couple of games to go. Based on current form, we could be 8 or 9 points clear at the end.

Beating County on Tuesday would put us 11 points clear of them having played 3 games more and the title would be ours to lose. It's a huge game but the way current form is going a draw or even a loss (perish the thought) would not be a disaster

We have been showing consistency for some time and are the form team. It is therefore realistic to think that based on the current form we should now be favourites to take the title. I didn't believe a couple of months ago, but I believe now.

I totally agree with the OP people have got far too carried away with this, I still believe dundee are favourites to win the league as if dundee win in the next game they will win there remaining games, they have the stronger and bigger squad and dundee are on the bad run at the moment but what happens if we go on the sort of run we did at the start of the season

I totally agree with the OP people have got far too carried away with this, I still believe dundee are favourites to win the league as if dundee win in the next game they will win there remaining games, they have the stronger and bigger squad and dundee are on the bad run at the moment but what happens if we go on the sort of run we did at the start of the season

If we go on the sort of run we did at the start of the season we will not win the league. But why should we go on that sort of run? We are a very much better side now than then.

We are top of the league. It is in our own hands now - we just have to win all our games. There will no doubt be some nail biting moments in next 5 weeks but we deserve to be top and hopefully that is where we will stay.